Brookdale Senior Living

www.brookdaleliving.com

Brookdale Senior Living Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014
Brookdale Senior Living – Brentwood – “Brookdale Senior Living”

T. Andrew Smith

Pros
  • Peer group is great, supportive, residents are great(in 13 reviews)

• Great work hours and work life balance at the corporate office(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management can be a bit distant as to what takes place daily in the communities(in 28 reviews)

• Heavy turnover of management as well due to Work life balance out of proportion(in 8 reviews)

job

Cook (Former Employee) Peoria, AZ

Prosit is a great company

Consthe gossip like any job

Advice to Senior Managementthey know vwhat they are doing

Best company culture I've ever experienced!!!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsPeople (associates, residents, leadership, peers), benefits, associates take pride in what they do! Opportunities for growth & advancement! Making a difference in the lives of the residents we serve!

ConsNone and if I did I wouldn't share it here. I would discuss with my RVP!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you do every day! As the CEO says, "If you're not serving a resident, serve someone who is!"

LOVE my boss!

Activities (Current Employee) Germantown, TN

ProsI love the atmosphere we have here at The Solana, it's happy, energetic and FUN! I honestly don't think "ugh, I have to go to work today"....more like "Yes! I have a fun job and the people I work with like me and I like them, the residents are happy to see me every day and I feel like I am making a very big difference in their lives. I am constantly encouraged by my supervisor, she has so many great ideas and loves to hear mine as well. I feel like this will be the company I ultimately retire from......many, many years from now!

ConsI wish the facility were larger, we are almost at capacity and I feel bad for people living in less than optimum communities.

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining needs to be a little more cohesive and up to date.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best company I have ever worked for!

Sales and Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsThe culture and values of this company is alive in my community! Everyone from our care associates to our regional/divisional team want nothing more than the best for each resident and family we serve! There are also great beenfits and growth opportunities for the employees.

ConsNone! This is a growing company and the CEO is an amazing leader for us!

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for your continued support and leadership! I look forward to many more years of working for this company thanks to all of you!

I LOVE what I do

Director of Sales (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsI am very happy to be working for a comany that has such a passion for the people we serve, I truly feel like I make a difference in people's lives. This is not just a "job" it is a calling.
    I have worked in 3 different Brookdale communities and enjoyed my time in each of them. The company believes in growing their employees and promoting from within.

ConsI have worked with challenging people, they are not a reflection of Brookdale as a whole.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to facilitate a culture that places the resident's needs first.

Great company that I'm glad to work for.

Executive Director (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsCultures, people, benefits, growth potential

ConsIf I had any I wouldn't share them publicly.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Great company to work for.

Business Office Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe management team and staff at the community were I work is excellent. They truly care about the residents.

ConsVery heavy workload, but the results are very satisfying.

Advice to Senior ManagementRegional and corporate management need to be more in tune with the challanges faced by staff at the community level and provide a more formal and structured training for community leadership.

Care Assocaite

Resident Care Assistant (Current Employee) Germantown, TN

ProsI love everything about my job, especially the residents. The management team here is really good, especially the nursing director and the resident care coordinator. The Executive Director even brought in a bank to discuss with us about the benefits of direct depositing our check. They really care about us as employees.

ConsI would not change a thing. This is a great place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing.

Great place to work!

Quality Review Nurse (Current Employee)

ProsLots of support, balance between work and family

ConsLike to promote therapist versus nurses into management

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter onboarding process

Awesome

Finance (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsGood people begat good people

ConsSize can be a distraction.

Worked for Brookdale Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!