www.brookdaleliving.com

Updated December 18, 2014
Updated December 18, 2014
2.6

T. Andrew Smith

Pros
  • Residents are great; make your 8-hour shift worthwhile (in 14 reviews)

• Feel as if I make a difference in the lives of the residents (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • This is verbalized by upper management so often, but never actually followed in truth (in 32 reviews)

• Heavy turnover of management as well due to Work life balance out of proportion (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Associates of Brookdale work together with commitment and pride. Always striving toward improvements that serves others.

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living

Pros

Work with a team that will go the extra mile in any situation and given freedom to contribute new ideas.

Cons

Company growth brings new challenges and responsibly that will sometimes increase stress levels.

Continue to solicit input from associates from all levels and locations to gain insight for making improvements that benefit all.

Love my sales job!

Current Employee - Sales Counselor in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Counselor in Denver, CO

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Training, support, development. Great ED and regional team. Opportunity for advancement. Beautiful community with lots of potential. Help from co-workers is never a problem.

Cons

Commission structure, benefits. Companies try to recruit me all of the time, with offers for higher salaries and much cheaper benefits. It's tempting because the compensation and medical premiums are such a huge issue. But I stay because I am appreciated, supported, and challenged.0

The regional sales director is fabulous and really understands CCRC sales. What a relief! It is wonderful to get coaching and to feel supportive. The expectations are high, but I get the help I need to hit my sales goals. It's nice having other sister communities nearby, and I look forward to meeting everyone at our meeting today.

Amazing company with amazing people

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Brookdale is a $5 Billion company with a start-up mentality. Sounds crazy, right? My experience has found it to be true. The company is focused on chaning the senior living model by improving the life of residents. The company has been focused on improving the work environment for employees because they know satisfied, engaged employees will give their seniors better care. They also have a lot of education and training opportunties. As the world's largest senior living company, their are huge opportunities for career growth.

Cons

For a company this size, the benefits (especially health) could be better. Also, as the company has grown in size, the tendency for red tape/bureaucracy is beginning to creep in to the culture.

Keep pushing for better benefits: health, retirement, pay, and career opportunities. All these things reduce job turnover. They may seem like an expense to the bottom line, but they are actually an investment and the returns will be worth the investment.

Great!

Current Employee - Business Office Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Business Office Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Company is great and well-managed. Policies make sense.

Cons

Large company, procedures are already set in place

Think careful before considering!

Current Employee - N/A
    Current Employee - N/A

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living

Pros

The residents are very nice!

Cons

Omg management are crap, they treat employees like slave's, salary forget about it, for everything you're responsible for please and you're not even told all job duties during interview, many of the employees has kids and needs to pay there rent I'm not quite sure how they're making it With the crapy pay they recieve.So don't waste your time trying to work there.

Be more considerate tours employees show more appreciation. As well as give employes better paid for the amount of work they're require to do.

Sales counselor

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living

Pros

A lot of support from regional staff. Truly love the cornerstones and the team work. Enjoy caring for families that are going through making a tough decision

Cons

Salary isn't very good. Need to show more appreciation to staff by upper management. Not enough support for dining services when they need help

Increase salary

Work hard and there will be opportunities!

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I've been with the company for 10 years, and in that time, have been promoted several times. Salaries are at or better than the industry standard. I feel like I make a difference in resident's lives.

Cons

You will need to work hard - which sometimes means more than a 40 hour week, sometimes weekends and/or holidays. Residents live in the communities 24/7.

Better work/life balance; better coverage for PTO - it's hard to take time off as a manager.

Amazing place to work.

Current Employee - Central Office Associate in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Central Office Associate in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Family who are co-workers and friends for life.

Cons

low pay, very low communication to teams.

Communicate!

A home like environment

Current Employee - Patient Care Assistant in Hobart, IN
    Current Employee - Patient Care Assistant in Hobart, IN

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Its like going home and hanging out with your family doing activities watching T.V. playing games and cooking and enjoying each others company. eating snacks

Cons

Lack of pay for employees

Totally awesome!

Current Employee - Health and Wellness Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Health and Wellness Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Opportunity to grow with the company tuition reimbursement fair honest people.

Cons

I can't think of any.

Continue to follow policy and procedures and live up to brookdale promise/brand

Brookdale Senior Living Photos