Brookdale Senior Living Reviews

1. cna

Current Employee - CNA in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - CNA in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living part-time

Pros

Managers are great co workers are team players and the residents they are awesome to work with they are very nice

Cons

sometimes we are short staf but not on a regular basis like once every three months

Advice to Management

Continue to do what u guys doing your doing a great job the administrator is great too

2. Company Review

Current Employee - Fleet Administrator in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Fleet Administrator in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living (Less than a year)

Pros

I recently became a full-time EE of Brookdale Senior Living from a contract position. While a contract EE, the people I worked with and around were very personable and willing to help/assist you in any way they could.Nothing as changed regarding how people treat each outher, direct or indirect EE's.

Cons

Only Con i can think of was the dealy in the hiring process to become full-time from a contracted position.

3. Very "Corporate" Enviornment

Former Employee - Junior Interior Designer in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Junior Interior Designer in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very friendly staff always looking to give the best service available. Easy to make small talk with people and great volunteer options.

Cons

Quantity over Quality type of work. Pushing projects through in a hurry. They call it "Standardizing" so that you know what to expect but you'll hear people in positions above you asking for more freedom. It's really done due to work overloads on staff, most employees work closer to 50+ hours a week and some from home. Don't talk or have fun if you're not on breaks. This is a cubical farm to the extream.

Advice to Management

Loosen up, we know expansions are hard but cut us some slack, some of the younger people may shock you in what they know.

5. Management only cares about themselves.

Current Employee - Resident Care Associate in Bay City, MI
    Current Employee - Resident Care Associate in Bay City, MI

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The residents are great! Most of the care staff and kitchen staff are nice and good to work with/helpful. That's honestly about it.

Cons

Management doesn't seem to care about the staff. Staff have to find their own coverage even if it's an emergency. Pay is poor, even if you have your CNA or become a med passer. Not appreciated. No chance at getting full time. No break room for care staff and only one 30 minute unpaid break. The residents definitely do not get what they should be for what they pay a month. It's just sad.

Advice to Management

You need to appreciate the people who take care of the residents on a daily basis. The residents shouldn't have to go without because you want to save a couple pennies. And the care staff deserve more than what they're paid. They work hard.

6. New to company

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Coatesville, PA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Coatesville, PA

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff and the residents are very nice, helpful and make you feel welcomed.

Cons

At this time there are no cons.

resident programs coordinator

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great training program for new employees, lots of room for advancement, good benefits, so big that they offer lots of resources for making you successful at your job

Cons

sometimes it feels like too big of a company and you can get lost in the shuffle, need more staff in the kitchen area

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing!

Marketing Coordinator

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Des Plaines, IL
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Des Plaines, IL

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The employees were friendly and a joy to work with. There was always something to learn from the residents, and oh how they could make you laugh! It was easy to love them and so very difficult to see them pass away.

Cons

Being an hourly paid employee, overtime is very much frowned upon. This made completing my daily checklist impossible to do when the office was especially busy with new residents moving in, current residents moving out, and in-house transfers to another apartment happening all at once. Granted, this did not occur on a daily basis which then seems to me these few times would be overtime worthy.

Advice to Management

Understand that working overtime is not by choice. At times, it is a necessity in order to have a smooth transition for our residents. After all, isn't that who we are working for?

9. I love Brookdale Senior Living

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great training Great pay Great staff Happy residents

Cons

Benefits Working holidays Training out of state

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, continue to encourage your staff and let them know when they are doing a good job! T

10. Finding its stride

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time

Pros

A bunch of determined and good-hearted people trying to help our location find its stride after A BUNCH of change. High turnover. Lots of challenges. Strong support from management for good workers and good ideas. Not sure what to say about corporate, most experience related to our specific community.

Cons

high turnover. Constant change.

Advice to Management

Don't give up.

11. Lvn

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Longview, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Longview, TX

Pros

Sounds like an awesome company to work for waiting on a call to use all of my skills after 18 years of experience

Cons

Does anyone know of any?

Advice to Management

Sounds awesome! Keep doing what you r doing! Kudos for such great reviews customer service and patient advocacy is the way to go!

RSS Feed </> Embed