Brookdale Senior Living Reviews

Reset

1. Lvn

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Longview, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Longview, TX

Pros

Sounds like an awesome company to work for waiting on a call to use all of my skills after 18 years of experience

Cons

Does anyone know of any?

Advice to Management

Sounds awesome! Keep doing what you r doing! Kudos for such great reviews customer service and patient advocacy is the way to go!

Marketing Coordinator

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Des Plaines, IL
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Des Plaines, IL

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The employees were friendly and a joy to work with. There was always something to learn from the residents, and oh how they could make you laugh! It was easy to love them and so very difficult to see them pass away.

Cons

Being an hourly paid employee, overtime is very much frowned upon. This made completing my daily checklist impossible to do when the office was especially busy with new residents moving in, current residents moving out, and in-house transfers to another apartment happening all at once. Granted, this did not occur on a daily basis which then seems to me these few times would be overtime worthy.

Advice to Management

Understand that working overtime is not by choice. At times, it is a necessity in order to have a smooth transition for our residents. After all, isn't that who we are working for?

3. Love my job

Current Employee - Resident Care Coordinator in Chesapeake, VA
    Current Employee - Resident Care Coordinator in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Close friendly atmosphere, the associates really care for the residents

Cons

Pay is on the lower scale for all the paperwork you have to keep up with.

Advice to Management

Decrease the paperwork. Only use what State requires. If u have extra binders of audit sheets, it gives Auditors mire reason to find violations

5. I love Brookdale Senior Living

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great training Great pay Great staff Happy residents

Cons

Benefits Working holidays Training out of state

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, continue to encourage your staff and let them know when they are doing a good job! T

6. Finding its stride

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time

Pros

A bunch of determined and good-hearted people trying to help our location find its stride after A BUNCH of change. High turnover. Lots of challenges. Strong support from management for good workers and good ideas. Not sure what to say about corporate, most experience related to our specific community.

Cons

high turnover. Constant change.

Advice to Management

Don't give up.

7. Resident Assistant

Current Employee - Resident Assistant in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Resident Assistant in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being a part of their team is wonderful. They are family and when the right people get together it is an amazing force of care and passion.

Cons

It gets a little tough sometimes when staffing during the seasons people are in classes for school. Still well worth it.

8. Good place

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time

Pros

Great staff and very clean facility. Good reputation in the community as well. Would recommend working here.

Cons

Pay could be better but that's what happens when you move to Florida I suppose. No other cons really.

physical therapy

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Chicago, IL

Pros

There is less time to travel between communities. Every work the you do is compensated. Nice residents. Good Co workers.

Cons

Too much extra work apart from seeing patients like marketing and other activities that should not be done by PT's. Forces me to work on weekends whereas during the interview process I was told that I will only work weekdays that is why I accepted the job. Will force you to work on holidays even if it's unnecessary. For a home health, you are going to stay 8 full hours, so really, time is not flexible. You build your own caseload.I am being micromanaged. Hard to get vacation because there is no one to cover.

Advice to Management

Hire marketing people to get patients and do promotional duties. Hire people who can do weekends and holidays. Work time should be flexible since it is home health. Ever wonder why there's 13 times a therapist quit in one location in a span of 6 years?

Company suffered due to rapid growth

Former Employee - Executive Director in Brentwood, TN
    Former Employee - Executive Director in Brentwood, TN

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great front line staff, beautiful buildings, very supportive when needed, competitive salaries, good training model for start-up communities, good benefits, great reputation for quality health care.

Cons

It was my observation as and Executive Director, the new regional leaders don't have the Brookdale culture and operate as they did with their last companies, which is detrimental when working with a start-up operation trying to form the Brookdale culture in the community. I had 3 regional VP's of operation in 6 months each with their own agenda while trying to learn the "caring, personalized" mission statement. The change in CEO's had a huge effect (negative) on the company at the same time the merger with Emeritus happened that doubled Brookdale's size. The role out and branding campaigns were held at a national level but regional teams were competing to keep their territories and hold their positions.

Advice to Management

Go back to the Brookdale humble basics of quality care for staff and residents. That is a winning culture and mission statement that was lost during the buy-out and change of Presidents.

11. bad place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McMinnville, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McMinnville, OR

I worked at Brookdale Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A chance to make positive difference in the lifes of seniors

Cons

Minimum wage or abit more, no appreciation of doing a great job, cut hours whenever possible, bad or no training, Corp management out of sinc

Advice to Management

Live up to your cornerstones!!!!

RSS Feed </> Embed