Brookfield Renewable Power

Add Photos

Richard Legault

Busy yet friendly atmosphere

Intern (Former Employee) Watertown, NY

ProsSmall close knit group, fairly relaxed environment.

ConsCan get very backed up

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more engineers

Accounting

Accounting (Former Employee) Marlboro, MA

ProsNone I can think of, Set up dept, and then dismissed by new CFO, known in the company as an 'expert' prior to her arrival but CFO would not promote! Gives higher jobs to consultants rather than people who know the company.

ConsNo future for anyone who wants to have a life outside of work

Advice to Senior Managementpay attention to what is going on around you, as much as we like to think we hire decent people some people are just cruel and inappropriate; you're accounting department essentially had a total turnover in less than 5 years, there can't be that many accountants that can't do the job. HR is not HR, don't trust them. VP in HR is anti-social(no eye contact) and not in the least bit helpful.

Control Room can be stressful but rewarding

Systems Operator (Current Employee) Marlborough, MA

ProsGreat benefits. Annual review process is fair, and the reviewers put effort into making it as objective as possible. Plenty of opportunity to develop control room related technical skills. Rotating shift work can provide some time management benefits. Opportunity to advance in management, if so desired.

ConsControl room personnel somewhat isolated from everyone not involved in power plant operations. Hours worked per week can become tedious with vacations and/or training. Some control room positions seem undermanned versus the tasking available. Opportunities to advance in fields other than management currently seem rare.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was a fantastic internship opportunity.

National Control Center Intern (Former Employee) Marlborough, MA

ProsGreat learning experience for an Intern

ConsMore for IT students than engineering students

Advice to Senior ManagementThe environment was a great place to work in. The work load was good for an internship position and some challenging assignments.

Learning Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsYou can learn alot from the people you work with at this company, everyone was nice and always willing to help

Consto be honest there wasnt really that much on the down side, the pay was ok and we got paid time off

Advice to Senior ManagementI want to think you fot giving me the chance to show my skills and more up it you company

Information Technology

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Gatineau, QC (Canada)

ProsThere is an abundance of project oriented work.
    The culture has a rich diversity - a nice heterogeneous mix.
    The people you work with - team mates and resources - can be the best part of your day.
    Therefore, just know what your getting yourself into after reviewing the Cons. It is still a recommended enviornment - short term

ConsThere is extreme immature reprehensible conduct due to uneducated inexperienced Management.

This translates into a volatile IT environment that turns on a whim, based on an emotional decision without objectivity and without technical understanding (in an IT environment - an obvious challenge).

That simply drives resources to put in the time and move on, making the environment a revolving door; a most difficult environment to support, but can be a good experience.

It eventually will become much better when specific Management personel are purged.

Advice to Senior ManagementPurge

Good place to start

Prosgreat place to work, have had a great time here so far, makes it easy to get up in the morning and come to work, exposed to many facets of the business, low stress environment, great place for those with fast learning curve, great group of people, great place for pro-active and self sufficient people as they let you progress at your pace.

Conssalary scale to low, high turnover, IT

Advice to Senior Managementmore recognition for employee performance! and salaries alligned with the industry and with other salaries in the region will keep the staff in place longer.

very dynamic company, fast growing, room for those with good ideas to grow, but need to be team oriented

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Proshighly motivated staff
    great work environment
    growth curve in proper direction which makes atmosphere positive
    lots of room for advancement if one doesn't worry about titles, more work than staff available

Consmore work than staff available in some areas of company
    lots of staff changes due to young age of work force creates a bit uneasy work environment at times

Advice to Senior Managementmake sure front line staff get recognized as most recognition only goes to those getting senior mgt roles

Good place to start working

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Pros- benefits, learning opportunities, professionalism

Cons- lack of opportunity for promotion, lack of flexibility in terms of hours/ schedules

Advice to Senior Management- start providing flexibility to your employees and you will keep them longer

Great Place

Senior Accountant (Current Employee) Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Proslot os opportunities to develop professionally

Consgoing through some organizationl changes

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up

Worked for Brookfield Renewable Power? Contribute to the Community!