Brooks Brothers

Be The First To
Add Photos

Brooks Brothers CEO Claudio Del Vecchio

Claudio Del Vecchio

Pros
  • Good Work Benefits, Nice Work enviroment, fast paced, nice employee discount(in 9 reviews)

• discount, benefits, great customers, great customer service, great heritage(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes there can be competition between sales associates due to commission-based pay(in 9 reviews)

• Upper management plan is often unclear and can be contradictory when trying to meet sales numbers(in 5 reviews)

A fair experience, company is sort of in the dark ages when it comes to IT systems

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsA decent working atmosphere.The holiday season can be very profitable

ConsLots of drama, no semi-consistent working schedules

Advice to Senior ManagementUpgrade IT systems

Very male dominated and competitive, all commission.

Ladies Specialist (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsYou can learn alot about tailoring and fabrics.

ConsVery political, not supportive managers- play favorites

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more aware of the front line reality -

Good entry-level retail position.

Supervisor (Former Employee) Hershey, PA

ProsThe company is long-established, clothes are beautiful and well-made, employee discount is good, and health benefits are great. The company knows who it is and who its customers are. They do a good job of catering to their clients.

ConsMust fit into the culture or you'll be miserable. It really comes down to the store culture. If your manager likes you, things will be great. The manager makes the schedules, so be aware that you will not always get days off or the shifts you would like.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep promoting from within and work on retention.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat team, all very nice and so helpful. Interns are treated as associates, given a lot of responsibility and learning opportunities.

Conspay OR credit, no option for both

Professional company with a history

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsSmall community of employees. You feel like you know most of the people in your region. Great customers. Many of whom have been shopping at Brooks Brothers their entire lives. Also great discounts on the clothing.

ConsMoving through the ranks takes time. People feel that the outlet stores are "cheap" and not the real thing.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you do best. Sell quality clothing.

Retail Store Manager

Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsBrooks Brothers is a great company to work for, as a manager I am given so much opportunity to run my store as my own business. Reaching out and partnering with regional and corporate associates is so easy and helps me make the best decisions for my store. I love this company and no one is better to work for than Claudio DelVecchio.

ConsNo real cons, like any business it has it's challenges but someone is always available to help you and listen to your needs.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider gathering advice from your employees versus the consulting firms you hire, the people out there every day know the answers better than the consultants alot of the time.

Awesome

Supervisor (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat benefits and a great place to work for

ConsThe customers can be rude but I'm very satisfied

Advice to Senior ManagementBe fare with each associate

part time sales

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosdecent discount on clothing at both the outlet and retail stores

Consrepetitive job duties, limited hours, dealing with disgruntled and rude customers

I worked at BB 1 1/2yrs

ProsI had some great customers! Good benefits

ConsGossiping management and staff - Management needs to get out of the back office and spend more time on the floor!

Company full of old.

Sales Manager (Former Employee)

ProsYou will never meet anyone more committed to service than a Brooks Brothers employee.
    A Focus on personality over education or experience. They will hire someone because they "feel" right.

ConsArchaic attitude about everything. "That's not the Brooks Brothers way" will get thrown around more than a beach ball at a Phish concert. Fax machines are used for EVERYTHING. Credit card information, social security numbers, address; all faxed using terrible time wasting machines. It's like the company walked into an 80's garage sale and cleaned it out.

Pay is horrible. They are cutting salaries, cutting commission, and if you are in a factory store, you never will receive commission or bonuses. Busting your ass for rich white people for 8.05 is near slavery.

Worked for Brooks Brothers? Contribute to the Community!