Brooks International Reviews

Lui Damasceno

1. Brooks is doing well now

Former Employee - Contractor in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Contractor in Houston, TX

Pros

Several new faces at Brooks are making great strides to forming an excellent organization. Lui Damasceno is providing leadership and strategy to build it right.

Cons

Still pushing to make everyone an employee. If you are a contractor, your time will be short on the project. Make the best of it.

Advice to Management

Continue to build a good team. Effective leadership from Derrick Gordon and Mark Womack will certainly assist.

2. Business Analyst

Former Employee - Business Development Analyst in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Former Employee - Business Development Analyst in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I worked at Brooks International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Seems like your working for a international consulting firm that has done completed many great projects. I met a few good friends who all left or got fired as there is a lot of turnover.

Cons

Company is a house of cards...They promise a lot but never delivered. The longer i worked there the more i found out that the compensation they dangled in front of me was not real. I would stay away from this place.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent.

Managing Consultant

I worked at Brooks International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are none, this company is not worth looking at for anything, ever.

Cons

Brooks International is more like a boiler room than a real company. Brooks brings in clients primarily through cold-calls from a staff of overworked and underpaid sales personnel who work out of its head office in Palm Beach - an office the company moved to two or three years ago, Brooks occupied its previous office at least since 1992, and never bothered to upgrade the decor. The new offices have a shiny new conference room - featured in a photo on its Glassdoor page - surrounded by an unrenovated throwback to the darkest days of the 1980s. For the average consultant, travel is mandatory 100% of the time, and that means leaving on Sunday and returning Friday afternoon. That's right, your weekend will consist of Saturday. Consider that no reputable consulting firm does that to its employees and you realize, through that fact alone, that only losers stay with this company. On the job site you will do nothing productive to help your client other than build Brooks billing invoices, there is no real process to what Brooks does, no substantive training for any employees and no opportunities to exhibit innovation or initiative unless one is willing to risk getting terminated. Recommendation for prospective employees: don't accept any offer of employment from this company, if you have a choice between working at a counter in McDonald's and working for Brooks, choose McDonalds, it will reflect better on your resume.

Advice to Management

The jig is up! Close up shop and flee the country before the tax authorities catch on to what you are doing!

Company is currently going though an exciting transformation

Current Employee - Account Director in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Account Director in Savannah, GA

I have been working at Brooks International full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you are looking to be a part of a company that is breaking away from the norm, then this is the company for you. Consultants are rewarded for their hard work and the team dynamics continue to improve every week. This company has put in place significant changes from the operations side of the business that are being strongly led by our newly appointed COO and fully supported by our CEO. If you are looking to be apart of the way a consulting company should be run and join a group off people that are delivering real value to our clients, this is the company for you. Expectations are high, but I have found this to push my game to a whole new level. It might be hard to believe my comments after reading some of the more recent posts that have been submitted. It still amazes me that consultants that have been gone for more than a year, still feel the need to post negative comments. I will not disagree with some of the posts that have been made in the past, but to read that those same behaviors and negative actions still occur today is just not true. So for those of you that had a bad experience in the past, I can't change that. We are changing, growing and addressing the issues that once plagued this company.

Cons

None at this time, it has been great to be a part of shaping the future of Brooks International.

Advice to Management

We have built a strong Opertaions Leadership Team, we need to continue with the alignment work and we will be the great company that everyone will want to work for.

Ceo is the most arrogant guy ever seen in my life.

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

Pros

None, apart from some fellow workers

Cons

The ceo is a ego-tripper, and so full of him self. Thinks he invented the wheel, but the only thing he does is copying and know-how from other consulting firms. His style is management by fear. If you dare to stand up against him, you re fired on the spot. People dont dare to call him and make up stories, in order to keep him happy. What an arrogant person.. He believes he is Don Corleone and actually is proud of it. The company is selling an unrealisable dream to its clients just to get the contract signed and cash the cheque. Does not pay his personell as he promissed. Project open and close again after the client realizes that he s selling air. Stay away from this company, cause you will regret.

Advice to Management

Get a real job. Its an embarrasment to work for this guy.

7. Assistant

Current Employee - Assistant in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Brooks International part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, Great office, flexible schedule

Cons

boring work, slow paced, extremely unorganized

Advice to Management

Stop wasting so much time and money

Please Don't go work for these sociopaths your life will be in danger

Pros

They pay in a timely manner.

Cons

You will be abused, threatened with bodily harm, berated, and treated like slaves. There is no leadership on a project, its up to the consultants to steer the project. There is very little direction on the the part of the directors unless somethings goes bad, then there is a lot of finger pointing.a

Advice to Management

Get rid of your upper management, starting with Lui Damasceno head nutcase.

Minions Speak Again

Pros

The Pros are that the minions continue listening and write bogus reviews. Once again there is a review posted that touts the "Brooks Values and Culture". The values are not good and culture is cancerous. These are clearly written by the same person who has been posting these propaganda fueled rants that litter these reviews. The reality is that they want their review to be on top so when they go on a hiring binge, this is the first review the prospective suitors read. Hopefully they are smart enough to read on but one never really knows.

Cons

Read the truthful reviews. The ones that keep repeating the values and cultural items are all written by the same people. They aren't even mindful enough to make them sound different! The truthful reviews are the ones that differ from each other and are written by real people telling real stories.

Advice to Management

Stop pretending to be something that you are not. Lipstick on a pig just results in pickled pig lips covered in.....well lipstick.

overall excellent company with great values and culture

Current Employee - Anonymous in Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Brooks International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Brooks International is a great company to work for. The company values fit the same values I follow as an individual. Some of these values include professionalism, good leadership, motivation, respect, and goal orientation. These values allow me to feel comfortable in the workplace and all of the employees are on the same page. There hasn't been an employee that struck me as unprofessional or not motivated. I like how brooks takes a performance based initiative. It makes work fun and productive. Another pro is the company headquarters is absolutely beautiful, located in downtown palm beach - the office is a very comfortable place. Its great to know as a fresh graduate of business school that our BDE are ex CEO's, Vice presidents, and very established business professionals who have made it very far in the business world. They are there to share their experiences and act as a mentor for me at the start of my career. The CEO of Brooks, Lui is a great guy. He is very nice, respectful, professional and motivated to succeed and provide the best service and expertise to our clients. I can tell that the company is heading in the right direction under Lui's leadership. I'm pretty low in the company ladder, but Lui treats me as if I can be their next big guy which is very motivating because I want to do exactly that. It means a lot to me as I have worked in a lot of other companies and never got the chance to meet the CEO or even talk to them - to know that the CEO cares a lot about his employees is very motivating to me and puts me in the best mood everyday at work.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any at this point. I do not travel, but there are some employees who do travel often. I myself like traveling so I wouldn't think of that as a con. If I can add any more to this, I will come back later and add more.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what your doing.

The facts tell the tale at BI

Pros

Unfortunately, there few positives at BI.

Cons

The ongoing debate here on Glassdoor about Brooks International (BI) is both insightful and telling. Lui D (president and CEO) employes several of his own family members at NO, and they post most of the rebuttals and positive reviews here. This is fact. Also, you will note that management's position is that most of the negative reviews are from former employees who could not execute against the "high" BI standards; e.g they could not "cut it." This creates an interesting question: - So if all those those former employees are inept, then whose responsibility is it to select, screen, hire, cultivate and develop employees? It is BI management, correct? So is it not a direct reflection on management that they have an 80% + employee turnover rate every 2 years and yet refuse to take responsibility for any of that? That percentage cannot be blamed on each and every former employee. It is the direct result of poor management and ineffective leadership at BI. But the BI responses here would obfuscate all that, and suggest that management is not accountable and culpable, and this exceptionally high turnover is the sum of each individuals' fault.

Advice to Management

Stop blaming the victims of your own poor management capabilities.

RSS Feed </> Embed