Brookshire Brothers

Be The First To
Add Photos

Brookshire Brothers President, CEO, and Director Jerry Johnson

Jerry Johnson

I loved it there as a cashier

Cashier (Former Employee) Nacogdoches, TX

ProsI loved that they worked with my schedule frequently, especially since I have children. The pay was good and they were very willing to negotiate with my set wage. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. I could always ask anyone for help. The customers were also very pleasant a majority of the time. If I needed to work again, then I would definitely return to this company!

ConsI don't really have any, but perhaps just when there are rude customers that you have to deal with. Also having to stand the entire shift, but just make sure to get some very comfortable shoes.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work. I really enjoyed working for the company and the ability to help your customers whenever I could.

Brookshire brothers has been a great teacher of many life long lessons that will never be forgotten.

Assistant Store Director (Current Employee) DeRidder, LA

ProsBrookshire Brothers has taught many life long lessons. Some are to be applied to life in general. Others to the world of business. Regardless, all experiences can be applied to situations one will face for the rest of one's life.

ConsCons are learning to deal with the public and be a team player with all coworkers. This includes the ones you don't get along with. It can be quite difficult leaning to set aside differences and work together as well as the acceptance of "the customer is always right."

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be more managers with the understanding that anyone can change, anyone can do better, and everyone has weaknesses they just need help learning how to work through them and improve no matter the odds.

Eventful

Accountant (Current Employee) Lufkin, TX

Proslaid back, always something to do, good people

Conshardly any raises, forgets about the little guy

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

non hard working

Deli Worker (Current Employee) Smithville, TX

ProsThere are none there is not mutch to say about them.

ConsEverybody was not helpful except one or two employees not very cordinated with eachother and letting the new trainee know where things are.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to start helping eachother more.

Just a temporary job and that's all!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Huntsville, TX

ProsThe customers that shopped were very nice and the employees were pretty cool. Also, the hours were very flexible. Every easy to give up or take someone's shift.

ConsLate night shifts
    Very low pay for the responsibilities
    Low budget store = NO overtime opportunities
    Tedious and very boring
    No chance for advancement
    Old school management style, low paid laborers and high paid managers
    Management had major communication issues
    Upper management did not show any interest at all in the lives of the employees

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to communicate! Show interest in the employees lives to make them feel appreciated.

Why I didn't like Brookshire Brothers

Cashier (Former Employee) Wimberley, TX

ProsNice people shop there. If it wasn't for the people that come in I would have quit along before I did. Slow at times.

ConsThey get on to you for little things to much. Bad hours. Cashiers get few hours. Care little about their employees

It was ok.

Sacker and Cashier (Former Employee) Bellville, TX

ProsI had friends there which working a little bit more entertaining.

ConsA lot of high school kids worked and some were too lazy to do the work.

Not a career job, great for first time employment

Cash Office (Current Employee)

Pros- Coworkers are very friendly
    - Learn to handle various types of customers
    - Will work with you on scheduling
    - Great place to begin your work resume

Cons- Chances of moving up to a management position are little to none
    - Raises are non-existent
    - Company is loosing momentum, sales keep going down, customer numbers keep dwindling

Advice to Senior ManagementStop playing favorites, a company should be ran with respect for everyone, not just a handful of people.

Dead End Job

Butcher/Meatcutter (Current Employee) Lufkin, TX

Prosthere are no pros on this job

ConsNo room for advancement, no annual pay raises, no perks, unreasonable expectations

Advice to Senior ManagementTake notice of employees achievements and say something, encourage management to give pay raises and perks, and don’t expect the impossible form your employees, and stop doing the same thing and expect a different result, talk with the employees and find ways to do the job faster and more efficient.

Underpaid for more work.

Head Stocker, Stocker, Bagger, Checker (Former Employee) Brenham, TX

Prosflexible scheduling
    slightly relaxed work environment

Consvery low pay, even as a head stocker.
    Must do more work than you would at a bigger grocery store, but get paid less.
    Irresponsible and immature management.
    Managers not role models in any way.
    Vast amount of workers on drugs. (not excluding managers)

Advice to Senior ManagementCheck out your managers more and give better/more drug testing ESPECIALLY FOR THE MANAGERS.

Worked for Brookshire Brothers? Contribute to the Community!