Brooksource

Updated February 27, 2015
Updated February 27, 2015
4.2

Ryan Hasbrook

Pros
  • Work-life balance is great, the hours are very standard (in 7 reviews)

• growing company providing a lot of opportunities (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to deal with the ups and downs of staffing industry- which can be very frustrating (in 6 reviews)

• Contrary to what some may think, the IT staffing industry is not an "easy job out of college (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Brooksource is hands down the best employer I have ever had the opportunity to work for.

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Brooksource

Pros

You have an unbelievable ability to grow yourself: I doubled my salary within a year, developed a brand new role for myself, and am catering my career path to what I love. This is 100% a work hard, play hard office. In this role, you work your tail off but every success is celebrated handsomely. I consider each coworker a personal friend!

Cons

The work you do is visible. If you sit there and click around, you're not making money, you're not proving yourself, and you are not adding to the bottom line. This is not a workplace where you can do the same things and see good money-if you want to zone out during the work day, look somewhere else.

Keep on doing what you're doing, Brooksource! It absolutely rocks working here.

Awesome Recruiters!!!!

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great long-tern assignments that usually convert to Full-Time. Offers paid holidays and a very nice insurance plan

Cons

Pay is just a tad under their competitors.

Good entry-level job, smooth transition from college life to corporate life

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Everyone is a "bro", Great opportunity for growth, Good company culture, Great training program

Cons

Lots of people still stuck in their college fraternity mentality, Low base salary, Very judgmental on both internal and external hires

Raise the salaries

Excellent to work with, very professional

Current Contractor - MS Access VBA Developer in East Hanover, NJ
    Current Contractor - MS Access VBA Developer in East Hanover, NJ

I have been working at Brooksource as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Very professional and easy to work with.

Cons

I had no cons with Brooksource.

Great Comapny

I worked at Brooksource (less than a year)

Pros

Good company to work for, friendly and helpful.

Cons

Everything was poitive when I worked

People here value you as family from day one!

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

From the first day at training so many people from a cross the company invest in you from high performers to management. You aren't just a number in the masses. Culture by far is my favorite part, you feel like you have known these people for years! They take time to really get to know you, and everyone is genuine. This is a direct reflection into how they handle business. The team oriented environment is designed to be not only supportive while getting adjusted into the job, but to continue to develop long lasting respecting relationships among colleagues.

Cons

This job isn't easy, our product is people and that comes with risk and unpredictability. You have to have tough skin, and know how to dust yourself off and move on if things don't work out. The training and coaching is there when you need it, but they will want to see if you can be resourceful and independent.

Continue to invest in your people

They talk a lot and deliver little.

Former Contractor - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Contractor - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Brooksource as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

They represent quite a few large companies in the greater Chicago area. One time they brought cookies for us to share with the other employees courtesy of Brooksource.

Cons

They will say just about anything to get you hired. Then not follow through. The fringe benefits that they tout so much are very light weight.

They never mention any type of training for the employees.

Great recruiters, bad insurance.

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Brooksource as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Their recruiters are friendly, professional, really care about you as a contract worker and follow up when they say they will.

Cons

The health insurance for contract employees is dismal and pretty much just a discount card. It's low cost but it is not comprehensive at all.

Provide more options for health insurance and let contract employees choose.

Brooksource felt like family from day one- Wouldn't want to be anywhere else!

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Incredible company and office culture, as well as limitless opportunity for growth. If you work hard, you will be recognized for it, and it will pay off! They give you the tools and training to become successful, and then let you figure out your own way of doing things. It is an awesome feeling to wake up and actually be excited to go to work every day. Brooksource embraces each employee as family. We work hard and play hard together. Couldn't have asked for a better company to work for!

Cons

The nature of the industry can be hectic at times and a lot of things are out of your control. You have to ride the ups and downs with a level-head, and can't stress over the little things or be too high-strung or you will get burnt out.

Keep doing what you are doing! As long as we continue to keep the family culture as we continue to grow... I have no doubt that there will be even more amazing things to come.

The Culture of this company is incredible.

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This company invests a lot of time and money into their employees for professional development and growth. They give you the tools to become very successful as well as giving you the chance to advance within the company in multiple directions. The culture has exceeded expectations. I didn't think I would find a group of people I would become this close to in a professional setting.

Cons

Some of the cons would be the industry that we are in, not the company. IT recruiting can be very difficult. However, I can promise that it won't be this company that you would want to leave, it would be just because of the industry we are in.

I think management does a great job on seeing where we see ourselves within Brooksource for the future. One thing they identify is what you want to do, then help you write out those goals so that you know what to push for.