Bruegger's

Updated December 19, 2014
2.6

Bruegger's CEO James J. Greco
James J. Greco

Pros
  • customer interaction, no late nights (in 8 reviews)

• you never work late nights because they open at 6am and close at 7pm (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Early mornings and weekends required (in 10 reviews)

• hrs to manage with unrealistic labor expectations; high turnover rate doesn't surprise me (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Job

Current Employee - Counter Associate in Apple Valley, MN
    Current Employee - Counter Associate in Apple Valley, MN

I have been working at Bruegger's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great food, nice customers and co-workers. I also like that they're pretty flexible with scheduling hours.

Cons

There aren't really any cons I can think of.

Great company!

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Bruegger's full-time

Pros

Fun job that pays decently. You get to meet a lot of really great people that come in often so you can get to know them. Not like fast food!

Cons

Early morning hours may be hard for some people. There doesn't appear to be much room for advancement, you have to wait until someone quits or gets fired to compete for the job.

When employees express some interest in management positions, talk to them and see if they might be qualified or are worth developing.

Great Job

I have been working at Bruegger's

Pros

They treat people very good.

Cons

Early mornings and weekends required

General Manager at Brueggers

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Bruegger's

Pros

Easy restaurant management job, no late nights, no waitstaff or kitchenstaff, great corporate training, 2 paid holidays for managers

Cons

EARLY mornings, no paid time off for one year, family insurance really expensive

Give 3 weeks paid vacation in this industry from the start

The Virginia Tech campus Bruegger's has been a great work experience, with fun people, lots of customers, and good food.

I worked at Bruegger's

Pros

Management is full of good people, enjoyable to work with. Sometimes, when it's not too busy, the food line works smoothly, and food prep could easily keep up and resupply the line well. Always kept the restaurant area very clean and tidy. Fully cleaned out every day.

Cons

Organization would break down due to the extremely busy rush hours, where very long lines would form out front. Some of the tasks being assigned were tedious, especially due to the poor layout of certain parts of the restaurant.

Just try to reorganize the layout a bit. It's been slowly improving throughout my time there, but just make sure not to stagnate. Sure enough, the layout is being mended.

Enjoyed

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor

I worked at Bruegger's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

worked well around my school schedule, promotions

Cons

does not hire seasonal, does not allow you to come back and work during school (college) breaks unless you plan to stay and are full-time (which goes back to the seasonal thing)

hire seasonal!

Its ok for a between job

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Bruegger's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

work with great people, never work later than 8 pm, 50% discount and free drinks.

Cons

get set home early a lot, only make minimum wage, work week is Wednesday though Tuesday, schedule only put up every Thursday for next week and sometimes not until Tuesday. low staffed a lot.

store management might think that team members are the problem for low scores on customer reviews but if store managers was doing there job right maybe there would be happier employees. not having schedules up until Tuesday doesn't give team members enough time to fix them if needed, hours of availability are set for a reason and should be followed, and under staffing makes people upset about the wait and team members about the work load.

Good place for a first after-school job in high school.

Current Employee - Team Member in Minnetonka, MN
    Current Employee - Team Member in Minnetonka, MN

I have been working at Bruegger's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Bruegger's was a great place for my first after-school job in high school. I got good food industry and customer service experience, and was able to get higher-paying restaurant jobs - ultimately waitressing - after working at Bruegger's. Also, the food is delicious!

Cons

1. Minimum wage!
    2. I enjoyed making sandwiches and interfacing with customers, but hated all cleaning duties (there were plenty)

Management varies greatly depending on the specific location. At my location we were perpetually under-staffed which led to some people having to work more than they wanted.

Awesome culture

I worked at Bruegger's

Pros

The culture of Brueggers was great. It was a fun atmosphere to work in, everyone got along really well, and it was a great place to work part time during college

Cons

Management was a bit disorganized at times, some people slacked off a bit and left all the work to the others

chewy, sometimes stale but always with fresh humor

Current Employee - Counter Associate in Melrose, MA
    Current Employee - Counter Associate in Melrose, MA

I have been working at Bruegger's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

the jovial nature of the staff and the taste of the food.

Cons

the organization or lack there of, the structure and rule enforcement by management and the customers were always a little rude to very hard to deal with.

Have better organization, security cameras! and be more professional

Bruegger's Photos