Brunswick Bowling & Billiards

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
CEO

1. A great first job experience and friendly people.

I worked at Brunswick Bowling & Billiards part-time

Pros

I always felt like I had the backs of my coworkers. There was mutual helpfulness throughout the whole alley and that made everyone's jobs a lot easier.

Cons

The downsides of working at brunswick was some of the customers that came in but i suppose thats with any business.

Advice to Management

Make sure who you are hiring will get along with everyone else in the alley. The best way I think a company works is that the people who work together actually get along.

2. “Great Company ”

I worked at Brunswick Bowling & Billiards

Pros

When it was Brunswick it was awesome! They took care of their Managers very well and even received a call from the President of Brunswick on my birthday thanking me for my service.

Cons

Bowlmor took over Brunswick and is horrible. I would not recommend working for them. They don't treat you with respect like Brunswick did, The salaries are very different for men and women,. Definitely a glass ceiling in my district. If they tell you your pay is based on volume of sales in your center they are lying. I made $20K less that a MALE manager at a center that was as slow as mine and I worked twice as hard.

Advice to Management

Only promote from within. Bringing someone from outside the company into a GM role is wrong. There is way to much to learn and 2 weeks of training is not enough.

3. Brunswick's

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

I worked at Brunswick Bowling & Billiards

Pros

Everything is well, they give you opportunities to advance, and they are REALLY flexible with your schedule.

Cons

Management was unorganized and sloppy most of the time.

5. food and beverage manager

Former Employee - Food and Beverage Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Food and Beverage Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Brunswick Bowling & Billiards full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

created my own schedule, managers worked on developing me, business to sell fun

Cons

pay was below national average for titles, primary worked nights and weekends with long hours, upper management only cared about how you could play the numbers game with them when they played little contribution to the bottom line.

Advice to Management

pay employees better and develop employee incentive programs. Also cut out some of the "home office" personnel or have them take pay cuts to save on your payrol

6. Brunswick Loyalty

I worked at Brunswick Bowling & Billiards

Pros

My co-workers were great and deserve more than the corps give them

Cons

No loyalty. Corporate doesn't care about it's employees.

Advice to Management

Try knowing your employees better and appreciate them more. The corporate office knows nothing about the facilities around the country or the people that run them. You are just worrying about your paycheck and your job. The little people are the ones who make YOUR salary.

7. General Manager

Former Employee - General Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - General Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Brunswick Bowling & Billiards full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get to know your customers because they visit weekly. Most are good people. You are running a multi-million dollar business. It's good experience on your resume.

Cons

10 - 12 hours per day. 6 - 7 days per week. Burn out is common. Vendettas also seem to be fairly common and lead to good people being fired. High turnover of entry level positions.

Advice to Management

Consider a 5 day work week for managers.

8. Lack of mgmt support and team work delivering the company's mission "great times for each guest on and off the lanes"

Current Employee - Banquet Captain in Lone Tree, CO
    Current Employee - Banquet Captain in Lone Tree, CO

I have been working at Brunswick Bowling & Billiards part-time (More than a year)

Pros

No day is the same as the last, so there are plenty of new experiences.

Cons

Obstacles like lack of communication and lack of ownership by front line supervisors brought down morale and hurt productivity.

Advice to Management

Training for all positions should be outlined and organized. Clearly define and distribute gratuity from group events fairly and in a timely manner.

9. Very Good

Current Employee - Pinsetter Tech in Belleville, NJ
    Current Employee - Pinsetter Tech in Belleville, NJ

I have been working at Brunswick Bowling & Billiards part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very easy going area, great people working there and even better customers, good pay, good training and a dream come true of sorts since im a life long bowler

Cons

now with anything there is always some cons mostly the bad apples that come in looking for trouble but really other then that its been a very nice place to work

Advice to Management

better if you are a bowling fan

10. So far okay

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

Pros

Nice environment, managers are really nice

Cons

low salaries, old fashion,hard to get promoted

11. Generally a good company to work for.

Current Employee - Production Manager in Muskegon, MI
    Current Employee - Production Manager in Muskegon, MI

I have been working at Brunswick Bowling & Billiards full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stability from larger parent company. Decent benefits. Fair compensation. Good people to work with. Positive environment. Quality products and an intention to maintain that. A traditional company that has heritage and history with a positive reputation. An industry leader. Opportunities for training.

Cons

Sometimes a "work harder not smarter" mentality. Behind the times in employee work flexibility. A very traditional company which changes and progresses slowly. Can be more industry reactionary rather than pace setting.

Advice to Management

Always push the envelope of working smarter rather than harder. Experiment with new ways of doing things rather than resting on tried and true traditional means. This encompasses employment, employee relations and work environment to sales, product and industry development. If you want the same results...keep doing things the same way.

RSS Feed </> Embed