Bryant & Stratton College

Updated January 11, 2015
3.4

CEO

Great place to work!

I have been working at Bryant & Stratton College full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I love the people that I get to work with. The school is expanding and there are numerous potential growth opportunities. It's been a breath of fresh air as opposed to the previous companies I have worked with. 401K with company match.

Cons

The insurance benefits work for an individual but there's no way you can add spouse/ kids.

None

Excellent Working Environment for both faculty and staff. Overall, it is a great place to work. Great Job!

I worked at Bryant & Stratton College

Pros

Personal Growth, Development, and Excellent Working Environment

Cons

Salaries Need to Be Raised

Great place to work

Current Employee - Online Admissions Representative in Orchard Park, NY
    Current Employee - Online Admissions Representative in Orchard Park, NY

I have been working at Bryant & Stratton College full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is a good training program when you start and we meet regularly with our managers regarding how we can develop. The management team involves us in decisions.

Cons

Some managers can do a better job of coaching but senior managers are investing in them to do so.

Keep investing in your employees and look for ways to continue to appreciate us.

Heading in the right direction now

I have been working at Bryant & Stratton College full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The new CEO is raising the bar for everyone at the college. Overall, the management is focusing on increasing the morale and investing in the employees. There is some work to do but I am confident the new CEO will make it happen.

Cons

Some ways of thinking and use of systems are out dated. The good news is that the new leadership is increasing accountability and asking "why". Good things to come.

Keep doing what you are doing. Continue listening to the employees and over-communicate. It will take some time to turn things around but I am confident it will happen.

Great team approach!

Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Bryant & Stratton College as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone at the college is very focused on what is best for students. They are passionate about education and helping people achieve. Adjunct instructors are made to feel very welcomed and a part of the team. You never feel like an outsider. Class sizes are kept small, which is a great advantage for teachers and students alike.

Cons

Sometimes the small size of the school means their need for adjuncts is limited. As a result, the number of classes you teach from semester to semester is a bit uncertain.

Give teachers a little more freedom to pick the classes they are most interested and comfortable teaching.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Manager in Hampton, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in Hampton, VA

I have been working at Bryant & Stratton College full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at state institutions and truly appreciate the one on one opportunity to connect with students. A family atmosphere is cultivated and there is flexibility with schedules. I love the many activities offered which allow interaction with students.

Cons

There are some employees who are simply not happy and take that out on others. Of course anywhere you go there are those whose mission is to cause strife.

Continue to hire those people who make it their mission to change lives of others.

A great employer.

I have been working at Bryant & Stratton College full-time

Pros

High on integrity. Focused on the student without sacrificing the employees. Excited to have new management on board.

Cons

Long-time managers are a plus and a minus.

A great Part time job

Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Bryant & Stratton College as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers, smaller class. Low stress and students that wants to work with you to get the grades. I only taught a few classes with them but seem to be going into the right direction.

Cons

The pay is the lowest, compare to other schools in the area.

Try to make sure you pay your instructors more if they are doing better. The school is going into the right direction. Hopefully we can make it better.

Great place to work

Former Employee - Work Study Receptionist in Eastlake, OH
    Former Employee - Work Study Receptionist in Eastlake, OH

I worked at Bryant & Stratton College part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I worked as a work study as I was a student there and it was a great place to work.

Cons

Very quiet at night especially in the summer. And is very cold in the winter but other then that there's nothing to complain about!

Moving in the right direction

I have been working at Bryant & Stratton College

Pros

Free education due to the companies mission of life long learning.

Cons

Lack of cohesive leadership at all levels. Lack of agile business development.