Bryce Corporation

1 Rating

Great factory job

Current Employee - Press Helper in Searcy, AR
    Current Employee - Press Helper in Searcy, AR

I have been working at Bryce Corporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It's a great paying factory job for the level of physical work. It is also climate controlled which automatically makes it better than most factories. If you want to work 60+ hours a week they will allow it the majority of the time.

Cons

12 hour shifts and once clIckes in you cannot leave the facility. You have zero sick days so call in for any reason and you will lose attendance bonus. It is a swing schedule so you will work every other weekend. For the majority of the time I've worked there they have kept us 1+ people short so there is always overtime. For close to a year everybody worked 48+ hours every week, made a lot of money but didn't see family a lot.

Listen to your employees and be more concerned with employee moral. Just because you pay the best in town it doesn't mean you can treat your employees like they don't matter.

Good at first

Current Employee - Lam Operator in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Lam Operator in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Bryce Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay and that's it

Cons

Most of the managers are from Mississippi very republican and very racist. They took the stimulus money and talked crap about Obama. They pretend to be the best thing going but they are not. I worked the 25 years and finally quit for a better job I hope the redneck jerks go out of business.

Good pay but lacking in leadership

Former Employee - Product Manager in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Memphis, TN

I worked at Bryce Corporation

Pros

Bryce can provide great growth opportunities if you can find your niche. If you learn who is in charge and cater to their needs you may do well provided you can "play the game". The transition to the new generation may help as new ideas and thoughts are brought into the compaqny

Cons

Family owned which can be great if you are "in" with the family. Many long-time employees have been promoted due to their loyalty and tenure and not due to their competence.

Be willing to hire and have people rise up in the organization who are "different" than yourself. Think long-term and not on the next month P&L.