Bubba Gump Shrimp

www.bubbagump.com

Bubba Gump Shrimp Reviews in San Francisco, CA

Bubba Gump Shrimp – Long Beach – “Outside The Bubba Gump Shrimp Company restaurant…”

Gordon Miles

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Fun place to work, days and nights flew by and always had fun with my co-workers.

Host (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsAtmosphere, meeting people from all over the world. Very loud and a family friendly environment.

Cons"Probation" trial period when you first get hired. If after your training they don't think you're what they're looking for, you're fired.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing

Love Hate Relationship

Server (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsVERY EASY to TRANSFER, GREAT LOCATIONS. T-shirts and Jean uniform. Overall easy gig.

ConsLocations attract non-tipping tourists. Some of the worst in any job .Landry's is super corporate: You have to pay each week to get a discount on food & SODA! One girl won the "safety bingo" and had to pay taxes on her bingo winnings. That's like paying taxes on a super bowl pool. Training is intense...you have to study more than any test you have taken and memorize EVERY food & drink ingredient and some stupid top ten slogan. Get the feeling corporate could care less about their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementGratuity needs to be added to all checks (or at least 4 tops). The type of clientele that come in here warrants it. NEVER in any job have I seen so many people that tip 5-10% constantly (or less) and I have been waiting tables for 10 years. This is at more than one location too! I've seen in in Cali and Florida. Bubba Gumps attracts tourists that don' t tip! Also there is really no incentive to stay. No promotions, bonuses...etc. unless you want to be a certified trainer. And they should give some sort of prizes to people when they do trivia.

Fun

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsOpportunity to make good money in summer

ConsHard to make money in winter

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring so many people during slow season

Worked for Bubba Gump Shrimp? Contribute to the Community!