Buc-ee's

Be The First To
Add Photos

Arch Aplin III, Don Wasek

No sitting places

ProsHas unique items, nice bathrooms, and large selection of refreshments.

ConsNo sitting areas for those who buy food or older visitors. Most locations are large enough to put tables or chairs somewhere, inside or out!

Advice to Senior ManagementHave rest area style sitting somewhere.

Great Pay

Cashier (Former Employee) Bastrop, TX

ProsCo-Workers Are Great
    Pay is Above $10
    Full-Time Always Gets 40 Hours
    Free Drinks
    Everyone Pulls Their Own Weight

ConsManagement Micromanages (They Have Video and Audio of You)
    10 Minute Lunch Break Standing Up
    Co-Workers Will Out You if Your Break is Too Long

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your employees put their own spin into the company. I kept getting in trouble of saying "have a great day", rather than saying "thank you". Also, put a little trust in them. you don't have to have audio of them speaking. That's just crazy. Also, care more for your customers. I like how y'all trust them to not steal, but buy some park benches , so they can eat their food. Y'all use the excuse of "we're just a convenience store", yet y'all have shopping carts. Overall, just know that your workers and your customers are HUMAN BEINGS! Give your employees longer breaks, since they are standing all day. Or at least give the employees a real break room with chairs. Just don't give them a 5'X5' "break room" in the warehouse.

Great place to work

ProsWorkers are friendly, $12 /hr, management is great they let you know when youre doing a good job, everything is easy to learn, $12 /hr, always learning something new, Oh! and $12 /hr!!!!←←←←

ConsToo much cleaning, I guess. There's nothing bad about this job. It just gets really annoying when you're trying to get things done, and management is behind you asking you to clean. Hahaha

Advice to Senior ManagementFor high expectations, you need more workers. Good workers!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Draining

Deli (Former Employee) Bastrop, TX

Prosgood pay , weekly pay

ConsManagement NEVER on the same page. They do NOT work as a team

Advice to Senior ManagementTry working as one, not individuals. Too many employee's there to not be united...

They talk a good talk but could care less about their employees. Sometimes it feels like I am in a cult.

Anonymous (Current Employee) Waller, TX

ProsThe pay is above minimum wage. You get paid weekly.

ConsA five minute break, absolutely not allowed to sit down, no benefits, you have to comply with their dress code the second you step out of your car even though your not on the clock, they don't want you using your cell phone until your in your car and driving off the premises, you have to have a doctors note every time you miss work, you get written up for being a minute late. Managers have double standards. They get to sit and eat lunch, use their phone whenever they want. They watch your every move. Your not supposed to socialize outside of work with anybody in a white shirt but white shirts socialize with their favorite employees. I was even told not to contact a manager to wish them to get well. Sometimes it feels like I am in a cult. I could go on and on. The job seems fun at first and then your eyes are opened to all their ridiculous ways but your stuck b/c you have bills to pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementDouble standards will always make your employees lose respect for you.

loved this job!

Cashieer (Former Employee) Waller, TX

Prosgreat pay, worked with my pregnancy needs, held my job, very understanding, double holiday pay!

Consno leeway on tardies no matter what the reason

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Amazing job for a college student

Cashier (Current Employee)

ProsThe pay is amazing and a lot of my coworkers are really nice. As a cashier there is never a dull day, especially on busy days. You get to talk to different people from all around the country and enjoy many conversations and "road trip stories." And in my opinion, a 10 minute break is plenty enough time for the work that we do. My previous job was housekeeping for a resort and let me tell you......getting a check every week working part-time for standing behind a register and ringing them up for 24 hours a week has much more satisfaction than working part-time cleaning puke off of the floor working until the rooms get clean getting the SAME paycheck every 2 WEEKS!

ConsReally there are none. Just show up on time, do your job, and don't be on your phone. Three simple rules that won't get you fired. It's called good work ethic.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice to give. I think it's wonderful seeing people that used to be cashiers are now team leaders, and they turn out to be great bosses.

Good company with flexible work hours and good employees.

Cashier (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible work hours and fun coworkers

ConsWorking with nasty, feisty customers and took a lot of complaints.

College dream job

Deli Worker (Current Employee) Wharton, TX

ProsGreat co-workers and great pay
    Earn vacation time after a year
    Work around your college schedule

ConsJust like any other job you will run into that one employee that you question how they got hired and why they won't get fired.

I've compared them to Big Brother and Nazis

Cashier (Former Employee) Luling, TX

ProsWage is great for being a cashier, and you get free slushies and drinks. That's it.

ConsLike one of these comments said, you will never sit, or even lean, for 8 hours. But the managers will probably sit on their butts all day. I worked in the store in Luling, and for the first couple of months we did get breaks, however they decided to throw that out the window and not let us have any breaks at all. Finally after enough turnover and complaints, we got a scant 10 minute break, which was about enough time to make your way to the back and take a few bites of food. If you were buddy-buddy with a team leader, you could probably get away with more.
    At one point every employee was denied access to the soda/water fountain closest to the cash registers, and instead had to walk down to the other end of the store to get our beverages. It felt like segregation, and the only reason we were given was "because I said so." Definitely not treated like human beings. One girl was asking questions and was told by a male manager to "stop using her brain and start using her legs," and I was told on several occasions that I was not paid to think. And no, they weren't trying to be funny. When another cashier was struggling with a ladder and requested help from a manager, he quickly replied "Not my department," and walked off. It wasn't her department, either.
    They have a ton of cameras around their stores, but rest assured that they are there to watch the employees, NOT the customers.
    Additionally, if you call in sick, you HAVE to have a doctor's note or you WILL get fired. Unfortunately, they don't offer health benefits of any kind, so you either go to work and puke somewhere so they send you home, or you shell out $$$ for a slip of paper from your doctor.
    I've never met the CEOs. Clearly they are out of touch with the people they employ.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees are human beings, and most of them are working their way through school. Try showing a little respect.

Worked for Buc-ee's? Contribute to the Community!