Buckeye International, Inc.

Updated Apr 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kristopher Kosup

Promotion from within is real

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Buckeye International, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI started as an entry level sales rep and received three pay increases in 18 months. I became an Account Ex in 24 months and then went on to Factory Rep not long after that. There is promotions in the company as Buckeye continues to add new locations. The products are the best in the industry and the sales training will get you started in sales.

ConsYou have to learn all the different products and plan to get them in front of the customers. Planning your time can be hard in the beginning.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd more locations to move sales rep up faster.

Outside sales rep

I worked at Buckeye International, Inc.

ProsGreat training, my boss was fun to work for. Great company to start a career

ConsGas could be better. A lot of information to learn.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise the monthly gas allowance

Great company with great employees. Good place to start your sales career

Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Buckeye International, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSales Training is good to go along with a top notch product to sell. Promote from within. Out in front of Green movement

ConsStarting base salary was low. Entry level. If you don't like getting dirty sometimes doing demos than this is not the job for you.

Sales Representative

I worked at Buckeye International, Inc.

ProsGreat place to get your feet wet in sales. Great products to sell and they offer a lot of training on how to sell it. They are making big steps in the janitorial industry. It is a recession proof industry and customers are constantly ordering.

ConsBelow average starting pay and gas reimbursement but that bumps up every 6 months. They are lacking in sales software and marketing. They need a better CRM. Depending on your territory you can put a lot of miles on your car.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe bonus structure applies more to factory reps and not distribution reps. You should not be punished the next year in your numbers for selling equipment and dilution systems that have a multiple year sales cycle. It would have been helpful to have a laptop in the field. Have more territory specific sales training. There is a big difference between medical, retail, and schools.

Great Entry Level Job

Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Buckeye International, Inc. full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat Industry pretty much recession proof
No experience is needed
good training program (get to fly to st louis for a week of hands on training)

ConsA lot of driving. I was averaging over 2000 miles a month (I had a horrible territory location wise)
Not much compensation for gas mileage at the beginning
Below average starting compensation

Advice to Senior ManagementZone delivery wasnt a good idea. keep up the good work

If you would like to pay to work, than this is the job for you, the $$$ that they reimburse you for gas is a joke

Charlotte, NC

Prosdecent training program. solid resume builder if you can do well.

Consyou have to pay to work

Advice to Senior Managementbetter commission structure. actually reimburse your employees for the full amount of gas they use!

Awesome company!

Account Executive (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

ProsThis company makes products that are easy to sale and make you proud to be selling them. Once you train for a little bit they put you out in real b2b selling with all the tools you need to be successful. Company makes you feel like your apart of their family right away.

ConsTerritory can be pretty big, have to be really good at time management.

Advice to Senior ManagementLike how we are consistently moving forward in our industry.

Worked as administrative assistant

I worked at Buckeye International, Inc.

ProsGreat people and office well run. Loved my manager and the hours were great.

ConsThe pay could have been better. I have friends in comparable positions earning 20 percent more than I was at other companies.

Advice to Senior Managementthink about the little people when setting salaries

Promotion from within on the Sales Ladder

Account Executive (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

ProsGreat products and programs for an entry level sales person to learn. I got promoted to Account Executive with in the first 24 months. Clear career path is established if you follow the training and goals.

ConsReal business sales, you will have to manage your time well to get every thing done.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore phone training.

Secure way to start a sales career

Los Angeles, CA

ProsComing out of collge, like my friends, I wanted a sales career, but needed help getting started. This was the right choice for me. Excellent full-time training with enormous resources available. And, a salary plus bonus while you learn

ConsFocus on new accounts, so you need to learn rapidly, I guess as in any sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognition came quickly for me. Keep up the good work. Great atmosphere, very supportive, everyone wants to help you succeed.

Worked for Buckeye International, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Buckeye International, Inc. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Buckeye International, Inc. CEO Kristopher Kosup. All 26 reviews posted anonymously by Buckeye International, Inc. employees.