Buckeye Partners

Be The First To
Add Photos

Buckeye Partners President & CEO Clark C. Smith

Clark C. Smith

Great place to contribute, learn, grow and prosper.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Allentown, PA

ProsGreat people to work with, very good compensation programs, it's even easy to like most of the customers. Good advancement opportunities due to rapid growth. Caring management and highly successful leadership. Serious attention to safety and doing the right things right.

ConsTendency to be short-staffed, but with balance. Not that much negative to report.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

In major need of a reality check!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThere are some really great, smart people working for Buckeye and the retirement package is competitive

ConsOld School oil and gas mentality. 0 work/life balance, 0 flexibility. The pay is low, particularly for engineers. If you have a family and kids, are a single parent or have a duel income household...Buckeye is not a good fit.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake Care of your employees and they will take care of you. You will be less known for a recruitment poaching target and have less turnover. Realize that's it's not the 1980's anymore. Offer flex time or 9/80s or more than 3 weeks vacation since everyone works at least 50-60 hrs per week!

Excellent company

Summer Help (Former Employee) Boothwyn, PA

ProsThe company is great and treats its employees well in terms of work and compensation.

ConsNothing bad to say about the company. They treated me well.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Swing shifts, face paced work environment, have to sit or stand for 12 hours in basically one spot

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat salary, and benefits. You get a week off every month, due to the fact that you work a 12 hour day and overtime is built into your work weeks. In a month you work a 42 hr week, 42 hr week, 48 hr week, and a 36 hour week. You receive overtime for everything that you are called in for, even if you haven't met your 40 hrs for that week yet.

ConsBasically a zero tolerance policy when it comes to any mistakes while running the pipeline, especially if your first mistake cost between 50-100 thousand dollars. No explanation, no interview, they basically just show you the door, game over thanks for playing.

Great experience in a great industry

Operator (Current Employee) Linden, NJ

ProsGood pay and benefits, good atmosphere

ConsLimited opportunities in the northeast.

Advice to Senior ManagementDefine career paths

intern

Prosvery good working culture, good pay

ConsI dont think there is any cons

IT Manager

Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood Pay and benefits. Good company with strong financials.

ConsTerrible mom & pop shop. outdated technology and CYA attitude around. Management has no clue what is going on, except saving their positions. Some of the positions are not needed, but the directors and managers try to show they are needed there. The IT is in bad shape.

Advice to Senior ManagementFlush Out the dead and useless management of IT, they have no vision

Company motto should be "your only as good as your last batch change"

Operator (Current Employee)

ProsGreat Pay, Great coworkers, decent benefits.

ConsJust remember, Management hates you. You are the last thing they care about. Over stressed and over worked. Mid level management is leaving due to cut throat policies

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow that motto about "employees are our greatest asset"...get real. Treat us right! Morale is horrible company wide and you do nothing to prevent it. Stop promoting the cut throats and the worms and promote the deserving

Growing company trying to figure out where it is going

Manager (Current Employee) Breinigsville, PA

ProsGood compensation and opportunity to grow

ConsGrowing pains and partial move to Texas causes instability and communications is somewhat challenged

Started out family owned, ended bad with money only in mind.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay for the level of work required daily. Benefits are some of the best around. Co workers seemed positive.

ConsLong hours with no backup or support. Hang you out dry if anything goes wrong even if made them aware of the problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementBefore you layoff 30% of workforce review the people that your getting rid of based on performance not just money.

Worked for Buckeye Partners? Contribute to the Community!