Buckhead Business Consulting

Updated November 22, 2014
Updated November 22, 2014
3.8

Jessica Linus

Pros
  • The management staff at Buckhead Business Consulting was warm and welcoming and really took the time to get to know me (in 5 reviews)

• Buckhead Business Consulting trained me on sales, direct marketing, leadership, negotiation skills, and management (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Often times, my paychecks did not reflect my hard work or the hours that I put in (in 8 reviews)

• If you don't make enough door to door sales, you don't get paid anything at all (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Great environment, Hands-on style management

Current Employee - Entry Level in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Entry Level in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Buckhead Business Consulting full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The management staff at Buckhead Business Consulting was warm and welcoming and really took the time to get to know me. This came as a total surprise because as my first job out of school I really thought I would be at the bottom of the totem pole somewhere. I earned responsibilities fairly quickly and I really felt like I was contributing to the team's daily goals.

Cons

It can be a little overwhelming when you first start because the team has a TON of energy. You get used to it though :)

You guys are great! Thanks!

Professional Development and Awesome Company Culture!

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

I have been working here for a little under a year and have grown so much as an individual and as a professional since joining this company. I have had the opportunity to continuously learn and grow, which is unlike anything I have experienced with other companies. I love the people that work here and the company culture, and I have honestly made some great friendships and been able to create personal relationships with other professionals.

Cons

Opportunities are not offered for everyone; it is a privilege for the individuals that work hard and earn them.

Keep on doing what you're doing. You all run a great company and I am so thankful to be able to work with and beside you.

Gave Me a Real Shot at Success

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Buckhead Business Consulting full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been a member of the Buckhead Business Consulting team for just over 2 years. This company gave me a true shot at success that I was beginning to think I would never have. After graduating from UGA with a degree English and an Minor in Psychology, I came to the realization that I didn't want to go back to grad school. I am very outgoing and hard-working, so I decided to look for a career in sales. Without a business degree or experience, most companies tossed my resume without even bothering to meet me.

Not BBC!

I applied online and met with Jessica for the interview. She explained to me that BBC invests in those who invest in them - meaning that, if I came in and worked hard, I would have the same opportunity as someone with a business degree - so that's what I did.

Jessica and her team taught me everything I needed to know to move from an entry-level sales position to a management position within a year and a half. Their training plus my hard work gave me a shot, and I couldn't be happier, I am now leading a team of over 20 people,. making real money, and I have a clear vision of where my life is going.

Cons

This is not a job for everyone. If someone really JUST wants to go in and go home or has a mindset of "I have friends, I don't need to make friends at work," this is not for them. Our culture is important to us - if you don't want to be part of it, don't work here.

Keep providing fair opportunity to hard-working people who care!

Entry Level Experience

I worked at Buckhead Business Consulting full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very helpful in developing communication and sales skills.

Cons

Paying for gas. Long hours. Hard pay structure

Leadership and office culture were great.

Not what I was looking for

Former Employee - Business Account Consultant
    Former Employee - Business Account Consultant

I worked at Buckhead Business Consulting full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people in the company was totally nice and did so many fun things

Cons

You had to drive around EVERYWHERE. You are basically a sales rep. They don't tell you this from the start but thats what you are until you move up in the company.

Be a little more honest in the interview process.

2 steps away from a pyramid scheme

I worked at Buckhead Business Consulting full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I actually learned a lot of sales techniques here, as well as a lot of fundamental techniques for talking to people and recruiting. I really liked the people there, and everyone had amazing energy every day.

Cons

For starters the interview process is rather questionable. They will only offer you a base salary ($250/week and half commissions) if they really like you, otherwise it is straight up commission pay. You are required to spend a full day (10-5) with their trainers to conduct the interview. They tell you that the positions are exclusive, but they will take any number of people who meet qualifications.
    Second, the whole atmosphere is very cult-ish. You are expected to work from 8-10 in the office, go out and pitch door to door from 10 - 5, then return for a wrap up that ends at about 6. Tuesdays you are heavily encouraged to hang out with your team after work, and Thursdays are "Team Night" where you hang out with the whole office. Additionally, you are expected to do several one on ones with other employees on your own time, usually before work. Finally, you are expected to spend more than 25% of your time on "business trips". These involve traveling to a small hotel where you get to work longer hours because there is supposed to be more opportunity.
    Finally, the pay is minimal. You are not reimbursed for gas, not on a day to day basis or to business trips which can be as far away as Mississippi. To get promoted to a trainer position and assistant manager, you will need to collect people to work under you, perpetuating the pyramid shape of the company. The people who are good at sales can make decent money, but most people are going to come away with less than they have put into it. Despite being billed as a management training position, I felt neither trained to manage or that I was managed by trained people below the assistant manager level.

Be more clear during the interview process on the specifics of the job.

Learned all aspects of sales, marketing, and management. Improved my overall business knowledge.

Pros

Buckhead Business Consulting has a very thorough training program. It is designed to teach someone with little to no sales experience how to get consistent results while teaching them the behind the scenes of running a successful business. I was cross-trained by very motivated, friendly, business account consultants, and learned small scale management. I also enjoyed having the option to travel and that there were a lot of bonus opportunities. This position definitely gave me hands on experience to benefit my business degree.

Cons

I don't have any cons.

I really benefited from the hands on training and open learning environment. It is refreshing to work with managers who genuinely care about your success.

Work Hard, Play Hard

Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Buckhead Business Consulting full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The best sales training I have ever experienced, but this is not a sales job. If you are looking for an opportunity where you can build the foundation to become an entrepreneur and work for yourself, while helping others achieve there goals, this is the place to be. Work environment is awesome, the people love to spend time and play hard together.

Cons

You have to put in the work to get the results. Hard work really pays off here.

Liked the Learning Process But Wanted More Analytical and Data Driven Work

Former Employee - Business Account Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Buckhead Business Consulting as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The coworkers are awesome. They are fun to be around and they also teach you a lot about personal growth and how to grow as a leader.

Cons

Traveling almost all of the time. I found that commission based work wasn't for me because it didn't only rely on how hard you worked.It also relied on your district and how the customers in that area were.

Train longer and don't assign locations that are 2 hours away to beginners.

Great place to start a sales career, terrible pay.

Current Employee - Business Account Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Account Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

It was a great place to work with wonderful people and supervisors who tries very hard to help you succeed. The training is worth the job as they prepare you to be a good sales person, skills useful anywhere in life.

Cons

The pay is terrible, you have no base salary and all commission is based on the sales you make, it is highly irregular and you are not guaranteed how much you earn despite your efforts. Furthermore, it is a very physically stressing job as it requires to go out in heat and cold and go to different business to pitch to them. There are ALOT of rejection from businesses in this field and you have to have a thick skin in order to succeed and confront all the negativity.

Consider base pay.