Buehler Foods

Updated Mar 26, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kris Buehler-Massat

Good company in which to work.

Medina, OH

I worked at Buehler Foods part-time for more than 3 years

ProsFamily atmosphere, triple reward points, scheduling flexibility, availability to transfer laterally to other departments, .

ConsManagement doesn't focus on positives, only on negatives. Regular reviews for employees, impossible to get all "exceeds" marks, there's always a "room for improvement" for everyone. The management style is too controlling, micro-managing. Instead of focusing on the bigger issues, minor details are hammered.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees' concerns. Treat everyone equally.

Relatively small company with limited advancement opportunities presently, but positioning for expansion.

Assistant Department Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Buehler Foods full-time for more than a year

ProsFuture opportunities for job growth may become available in the next few years as Buehler's adds more stores under the E and H umbrella company.

ConsSmall company with no profit sharing or retail incentive structure. Limited availability of advancement opportunities for aspiring educated people at present.

Advice to Senior ManagementView LinkedIn profiles of current employees and begin planning strategic placement of current talent. Offer more feedback on company plans such as potential opportunities coming available and expansion planning in order to motivate talent to stay with company. Recognize and meet with potential leaders in the company.

Okay place

Server (Current Employee)
Wooster, OH

I have been working at Buehler Foods part-time for less than a year

ProsShort shifts, friendly people, flexible schedule, ability to transfer departments and locations.
weekly pay, direct deposit, daily tips.

ConsBe prepared to work a lot of weekends, rare to offer full time employment, insurance expensive for family if only working part time just above minimum wage. As a server you are either very busy or have nothing to do.

this is not disney world

Prosgreat pay
flexible hours, breaks on time, incentives for working holidays even if you're part time.
job duties are clearly explained

Cons90% of management talks down to you and belittles you in front of other coworkers, management will blatantly gossip about employees in the break room. buehlers will not back you up when a customer complains about you. they tell you there is room for advancement and they post up openings, but they have already chosen who will be promoted and only post the job as a formality

Advice to Senior Managementupper management might want to take a look at the management/service center in certain stores. when one of the Buehlers comes in management acts all goody goody but as soon as they're gone they go back to treating the employees poorly

Great place to work

Grocery (Current Employee)
Ashland, OH

I have been working at Buehler Foods

ProsGreat hours, good pay, good managrment.

ConsBe prepared to work a lot of weekends in this field.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo more with employee development.

Good first job, but if given the chance, I would not work there again.

I have been working at Buehler Foods

ProsGood pay, nice co-workers, helpful employees, lots of new people to meet.

ConsCo-workers talk a lot behind people's backs. Sometimes very rude things are said.

i enjoyed it.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Evansville, IN

I worked at Buehler Foods

Prosmeeting new people was always fun, also i enjoyed scanning items to see how fast i could ring them up. overall it was fun!

Consi didn't get alot of hours which kinda sucked. i also didnt like being on the express lane because there wasnt as many items to ring up.

Buehler was a great employer - flexible, understanding, and empowering.

I worked at Buehler Foods part-time for more than 3 years

ProsPros include great schedule flexibility for part-time workers as well as a warm, friendly employee environment. Buehler was also focused on the customer from beginning to end. This focus, made our work fulfilling and rewarding.

ConsCons would include limited in-store career growth. Full-time positions were relatively limited at store locations, but supervisors understood and recognized this hurdle. They worked with their best employees to provide growth in any way they could.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement would benefit from understanding the millennial employee - and customer - a little bit better.

It was a friendly place to work. A good job if only looking for part-time and no benefits. Will not hire full time.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Buehler Foods

ProsIt was a friendly atmosphere to work in. They were good about working around schedule. The management was respectful to their employees.

ConsThey do not hire full time only part-time which is around 25 hrs week. There are no benefits not even discounts on groceries.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think if you would start offering full time to employees you would have happier workers and many would stay.

It paid the bills

Server (Former Employee)

I worked at Buehler Foods

ProsFlexible hours allowed me to attend school. No late nights.

ConsThe pay isn't great. There are very few benefits to working at Buehler's part-time, even when you consistently work over 35 hours a week.

Advice to Senior ManagementConnect with your employees. When you visit from corporate, make an effort to introduce yourself to the employees working around you or serving you your food.

Worked for Buehler Foods? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Buehler Foods reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Buehler Foods CEO Kris Buehler-Massat. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Buehler Foods employees.