Buffalo Wild Wings Reviews

Updated August 29, 2014

3.2

Buffalo Wild Wings President, CEO, and Director Sally J. Smith
Sally J. Smith

Pros
  • Fast paced serving environment that is easy to learn especially for a server who has experience elsewhere (in 31 reviews)

• Fun environment with great regulars (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • managers show favoritism, long hours, must be liked to get good sections (in 32 reviews)

• late hours and long shifts with no break/ worst job ever (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing company to work for!!!!

Former Employee - Food Server  in  Council Bluffs, IA
    Former Employee - Food Server in Council Bluffs, IA

I worked at Buffalo Wild Wings full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This company is awesome to work for. You can earn cool stuff, the management team is awesome, the are easy to work with, and understanding. The environment is fun, and the good is great.

Cons

My biggest challenge was working while the Broncos were playing. Major distraction. The hours can be long, and I seen my work family some weeks more than I did my home family.

Keep being awesome, and keep the work place fun!!

Fun fast paced environment

I have been working at Buffalo Wild Wings

Pros

you can watch all the games

Cons

you work long hours with out breaks

care about the employees more

Good place to work for during college.

I have been working at Buffalo Wild Wings

Pros

Flexible hours, work-life balance, the staff you work with will more-often-than-not become some of the closest friends you have.

Cons

Training is lacking, Customers can be rude and even leave you $0 as a tip. They feel like you are their servant, not a server.

Hire management and employees based on emotional intelligence (EQ), as well as ability to hit numbers each week/month/year.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good pay and hard work.

Former Employee - Cook
    Former Employee - Cook

I worked at Buffalo Wild Wings part-time for more than a year

Pros

What I liked best was the pay. 10/hr starting pay for a cook, but minimum wage for everyone else, and I cooked. Depending on location and time, I've heard of servers getting a few hundred dollars a night though. The also offer insurance and 15% off the stock price for a certain percentage of your pay, which I think is up to 25%. You also get 25% off all food anytime for you and your friends (up to $25 off the table's bill), and 50% off two hours before and after your shift. The management was great for the most part and they helped in the kitchen when times got tough. Most of the employees were over 20 so there wasn't to much high school type gossip, and everyone was pretty funny so time went by fast.

Cons

No promotions, almost no training, and you should never expect a raise. They partner you with a WCT (Wing Certified Trainer) for five days after which your suppose to know how to run each of the five stations by yourself, know the ppm's (parts per million) of the variety of cleaners, know the locations of all the food and condiments, and know the different temperatures of everything in the store, all in five days, after which there is even a test. Usually they are busy so the newbies get stuck shaking wings, which is the worst job in the store. Oh yeah that's another con. All the wings and boneless go from the fryers, into warming drawers, and then into buckets where sauce is squirted in and they are shaken. The buckets only got cleaned at the end of the day, so sauce and bits of chicken from earlier in the day are always on customer's food, and if a bunch of people order the same kind of sauce, all the orders are shaken at once. I've also seen people drop food on the floor and serve it, and people touched food with their bare ungloved hands all the time. This was only during the lunch and dinner rushes, but still I wasn't happy. I even saw a manager, during a rush, spill some fake liquid cheese (what they call queso sauce) on his wrist, take off the glove the cheese was on, pick up a dirty towel with his gloved hand, wipe off the cheese he spilled on his wrist, and then he kept cooking for about 20 minutes with one glove. He didn't was his hands until after the 20 minutes, so all the food he touched had whatever bacteria was growing on the towel and his one bare hand. I had just started so I didn't say anything until now.

Where I worked about five people got all the morning shifts, which are the best ones. This never changed in year I worked there so either let people sign up for shifts they want, or rotate the schedule a little more. Also, right before I left we had a store wide meeting that had been put off since for over a year, during which time a number of great suggestions were discussed and there was immediate improvement throughout the store. Keep these going and try to make them occur more often.

Cook

I have been working at Buffalo Wild Wings

Pros

wings, beer, sports, chicks, humor

Cons

late hours, cleaning kitchen, drunk people

Growth from within

Current Employee - Shift Lead  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Shift Lead in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Buffalo Wild Wings part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work environment, great co-workers, employee discounts on food, extra points awarded that can be used to purchase everyday items.

Cons

Late hours, food could be better quality and pay needs to meet with cost of living in California.

Faster employee development

Fast and Fun Environment Makes For A Great Workplace

Current Employee - Cook  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Cook in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Buffalo Wild Wings part-time for less than a year

Pros

Buffalo Wild Wings offers a good work-life balance, and opportunites for raises if you work hard. Management is easy to communicate with.

Cons

No full-time opportunities are offered besides management, and most hours are given to 'favorite' employees.

Treat all employees equally, get rid of lazy workers and give the hard workers more hours and better pay.

Fast Paced Growing Company, Fun to Work at the Home Office

I have been working at Buffalo Wild Wings as an intern for less than a year

Pros

It is a fun, upbeat work atmosphere that changes quickly to keep up with the rate the company is growing!! The leadership is doing a good job taking the company in a direction that will keep it growing.

Cons

The company tends to higher from outside when they are looking to fill new senior positions instead of promoting those who have been there for awhile.

I thinks new talent is great for some management positions, but it would be nice to see more director positions being filled with current employees who have done excellent work,

Great Environment for a Hard Worked that wants to learn

Current Employee - Hospitality Manager
    Current Employee - Hospitality Manager

I have been working at Buffalo Wild Wings full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Its a flexible schedule that allows you to do things when the old 9-5 person is working. You are surrounded by great leaders in an industry that is notorious for just promoting the next person regardless of qualifications. We don't do that here. The pay is fair and well balanced with what you put into it.

Cons

The schedule for a family is not the best. Hours are super late and doesn't allow consistency in your personal life.

Have an assigned time of the week for workers that is consistant

Bartender

I have been working at Buffalo Wild Wings

Pros

I get tipped pretty well great with school hours

Cons

Management is the worst I've ever had to work with. I've seen the mostly sexual harassment cases go untold and just pushed un the rug with this company.

Worked for Buffalo Wild Wings? Contribute to the Community!