Buffets Holdings

2.1

Anthony Wedo

Crap Company

I worked at Buffets Holdings

Pros

Not any to speak of.

Cons

Leadership has declared bankruptcy 2 in the last 5 years. Managers are all cut throat looking out for themselves and operate the dirtiest kitchens I have ever seen.

Fire yourselves and let someone else try to run this company.

Do not recommend working at Corporate

I have been working at Buffets Holdings

Pros

None. Everyone who leaves here gets more money, more vacation time, better benefits...

Cons

The company is cutting staff aggressively, so morale is terrible. A lot of outsourcing to India and bringing in temps as well as expecting the few people left to pick up too much slack. Upper management is retaliatory - they didn't take someone up on their two weeks notice when this person was honest in an exit interview but cut him immediately. Because of the situation with temps you'll be asked to constantly train others on top of regular duties.

Poor communication as to company's prospects, literally no perks to working here (the few that there used to be - like wearing jeans to work and eating at the restaurants for $4 - were cut), restrictive and skimpy vacation policy, and no room for advancement. Little to no training on your job but will expect perfection in your results, supervisors swear at and insult employees, and because of the bankruptcy many supervisors have been promoted far above their skill level.

firemountain take over

Current Employee - GM of Store in Slidell, LA
    Current Employee - GM of Store in Slidell, LA

I have been working at Buffets Holdings full-time (more than an year)

Pros

working witrh my team. the guests and the food was exceptional for the price

Cons

getting laid off , blindsided by the parent company ,moving in a new direction

watch the higher ups

Run, don't look back.

Former Employee - Service Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Service Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Buffets Holdings full-time

Pros

Sharing your pain with other abused managers.

Cons

Second worst company I worked for. Does not warrant being called a business, joke would be more appropriate. Under staffing to the point of being illegal. Holding local managers accountable for their own foolish mistakes.

Fire yourselves1 Board needs to get out and actually see what is happening at stores away from corp. HQ. Stop believing lies upper management is feeding you. There are serious reasons for such high turn over rates in store management. Quit chasing good staff into the arms of your competitors.

Worst experience of my career

Former Employee - General Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Buffets Holdings full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The nine PM closing time and not dealing with drunks was the best part of the job.

Cons

With no money in the budget for repairs, operations became very tricky. Ovens frequently broke down. Tight labor constraints meant that managers washed dishes, pushed carts full of plates, cooked and worked like dogs everyday. We had to sign an agreement every week that our duties were 50-50 management tasks but that was a joke.

Some companies are zombies, barely clinging to life. Pull the plug and get on with your career. As my former area director said before he headed off to greener pastures, "If the huntin' dog don't hunt, put that puppy down!" This company should retire from the marketplace.

Staffing Specialist at Buffets Holdings

Former Employee - Staffing Specialist in Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Staffing Specialist in Eagan, MN

I worked at Buffets Holdings full-time

Pros

Compenation for work done was good

Cons

Small office, a lot of people in one small area in cubicles

listen to all levels of employees

Company is in decline

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

I worked at Buffets Holdings full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

In Corporate Support - opportunities to move from one department to another. Leaders in MN office still retained good corporate culture - cooperation, taking care of employees, etc.

Cons

Leaders in the SC office are awful. Culture is very divisive and backstabbing. New CEO (Wedo) is ego maniac. Cares only about making himself look good. Very hierarchical in leadership style. Wasted money on expensive remodel for his own office.

Until CEO leaves, my advice to management would be to try to do your best to keep your employees happy without CEO knowing.

It is what you make of it.

Former Employee - Hospitality Manager in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Hospitality Manager in Greenville, SC

I worked at Buffets Holdings full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There work load is divided. The atmoshere is targeted to hapy and its dining rooms are for familys.
    Decent pay, and benifits with PTO.

Cons

They instruct you to push back on issues that should be followed by management, but if you tell anyone above, outside your management then you are considered a whitsle blower and you will be black balled.
    No store under any one is ever perfect but this one has some Food saftey issues and Integrity issues. If you see it, just dont tell it, ot try to fix it or you will be black balled. Management turn over rate for Greenville SC is 48%

Dont loose sight of the Guest and their saftey on the food issues. You get some one sick everyone under you could be with out a job. Dont loose your concious....

Don't bother!

Former Employee - Third Manager in Michigan City, IN
    Former Employee - Third Manager in Michigan City, IN

I worked at Buffets Holdings full-time

Pros

I truly enjoyed the work that I did for this company. That's the only good thing I can say.

Cons

This company has an enormous management turnover for a reason! They use an incredibly ignorant pay scale that results in you making less money per hour for every hour you work. As a 3rd or 4th manager you are expected to take the brunt of the management hours but you do not receive the quarterly bonuses that the 1st and 2nd managers. I was scheduled 65 hours per week on a slary based on 45 hours. No Thank you!

Send some of your upper management to this store to spend some time. When you get as many calls to HR from your team members as this store does...you should really start to listen to what they're telling you!

Buffets Inc

Current Employee - Corporate in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Corporate in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Buffets Holdings full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

company culture, good work life balance

Cons

slower growth due to soft economy

Buffets Holdings Photos