Buffett Senior Healthcare

Harrison Burdett

It is what it is.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Buffett Senior Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The first year is a lot of long hours and hard work, but it pays off. A lot of the people I started with are still here, and they are happy and get rewarded for their hard work. Honesty is valued.

Cons

It is not a good fit if you are not ready to work hard and stay focused. This is a place for those who desire to grow, and therefore it's not for everyone.

Empowering Environment and Valuable Experience

I have been working at Buffett Senior Healthcare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The culture here is positive and supportive. Great opportunities for advancement. Employees are encouraged to think outside the box, and communication is valued - open and honest. Compensation and benefits are definitely rewarding for those that are willing to work hard.

Cons

There has been a lot of restructuring. Most of the negative reviews are due to the actions of former employees who are no longer with the company, and they do not reflect the current leadership or company.

If BSH would have had a better pay plan, I would still be there.

Former Employee - Medicare Specialist in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Medicare Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Buffett Senior Healthcare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Helping Seniors, Residual income and Room for growth.

Cons

You have to be able to support yourself with minimal income from BSH until the Medicare Advantage plans you convert take affect the first of each year. If you are able to support yourself until February when you will get paid for the plans you sold, then this could be a very lucrative career for you.

If you guys can come up with a better pay plan for Salesman so they can support themselves while selling lots of policies that they will not get paid on for many months down the road. The expense of traveling across the state to appointments with no income even though a sale is made just leaves a very negative impact with the salesperson.

The good, bad, and ugly - The Truth

Current Employee - National Sales Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - National Sales Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Buffett Senior Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Culture, training, management, market, income

Cons

Remembering to always hold myself accountable to my results and resisting the temptation to blame others

Typical Day (post initial training period - Buffett Division - ETPAD):

- Monday - 9AM or 10AM Team Meeting (optional after 90th day on day)
    - Tuesday through Friday work week with optional 6AM-6:30AM web-conference meetings, when available
    - 2-4 daily preset sales appointments Tuesday - Friday
    - 10-14 hour days, Tuesday - Friday
    - Applicable to approx. 25% of Buffett sales force, overnight travel depending on size and/or distance from home of Exclusive Territory (this is based on territories still available and is secured after a new hire has enrolled into their online training course)

What I Have Learned, Management of Buffett, and my Co-Workers:

Hands down, I have learned respect and accountability for my results due the relationships I have developed with my managers. I have tremendous respect for the remarkable Team members I have working with me. I have so much respect for the Buffett Management Teams that I even recently rented an apartment here in Dallas, TX (I live outside of Chicago), just so I could be more close to their worldwide Corporate Headquarters office and enhance my grow opportunities. They know they must do their finest to fill all available remaining Buffett Senior Healthcare (BSH) positions in Buffett's highly elite division with ONLY the very best of the best and most qualified individuals based on their interview process. I am speaking of the Exclusive Territory Preset Appointment Division of Buffett about which I have noticed the vast majority of negative internet commentary about us is broadcasted. I say to each his/her own, we live in America and have the right to free speech! However, know that the authorship of most negative postings comes from former employees that really didn't even give their position a chance (I will elaborate a bit more on this below) and were only on staff with Buffett for a few weeks or even only a few days.

Hardest Part of the Job:

Now, I want to be totally honest with all of you reading this. Anyone considering a position of BSH must understand that there are more individuals that fail with us than succeed. In fact, on average, only 1 of every 3 new hires succeed (as of 2013). By succeed, I mean, make it through their first year on staff with us. Virtually 100% of our turnover happens during the first month on staff and naturally, most that leave seem to want to blame Buffett for their lack of success instead of themselves. If you want to make something a success, you MUST stick with it before you pass judgment. The upside is that after a new hire is with us for 3 months we have virtually NO turnover, aside from terminations of some producers for unethical sales practices or violation of compliance regulations. We believe Compliance equals Integrity. Violate compliance and one-strike you're out... particularly in senior market sales! I greatly respect this about Buffett Senior Healthcare. Would you agree? Follow compliance, adhere to your training, communicate with your trainers, managers, and Team Leader, and most of all, be perseverant! You can have a bad week, but you have to try and have a bad month. That boils down to attitude, plain and simple.

Voluntary turnover (those that quit / resign their position) I credit to "selective reading" of the Buffett website (not fully reading the entire site) and "selective hearing" during the 3-tier interview process and in some cases, false representation of themselves thinking only of the money you can make with us and not the hard work it takes to get to that point from making $500-$800 per week to $2000+ per week (which on average takes 60-90 days to begin earning the rate of a six-figure per year income.

The 2 of 3 new hires may seem to you as difficult to understand (if you are like me and the 1 of 3 that succeed) considering how overwhelmingly candid and saturated the Buffett website is on disclosing the requirements of the job in order to be successful (note that on virtually each page of the website it says at the bottom of the page, "A position with Buffett is ONLY for the right person!").

In many cases, new hires believe just because we are provided with daily pre-SET sales appointments that it means they are pre-SOLD appointments. That is not accurate. Otherwise, BSH would not need salespeople like us... they'd just sell them all over the phone, online, and via mail! The sale is not waiting for you, but the general interest is and it is our job to educate the client to allow the sale to make itself versus using traditional "sales pitches" and scare tactics

The Most Enjoyable Part of my Job:

You have to be a person that genuinely cares for the well-being of our senior population and is willing to accept all of the job requirements as reflected throughout our Buffett website in order to properly serve our clients. With over 11,000 people turning 65 every day, the demand for our products and services is at an all-time high and only growing faster every day. In response, BSH is not only now in all 50 states, but internationally. If you are looking for a true career with a company that provides training, support, and amazing opportunities, then Buffett Senior Healthcare Corp. may be the right fit for you.

I hope at the very least I enlightened you to the reality of a position with us. Best of luck to all of you and I am sorry for those of you that did not make it with us and are bitter. If it helps, I am sorry. I would give you my email to contact me directly, but I understand the rules of this site prohibit such, so I must respect that.

Yours Truly,

Ms. A.

Scam

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Buffett Senior Healthcare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Being able to leave that company is the biggest pro I could ever give to these scam artist con men.

Cons

Was here for 4 months and poorer than when I went in, what is the point of running a company to scam people? Why not just run a legit business that doesnt scam old people?

Shut this company down or start practicing Good Business Practices, pay a set salary so people dont lose homes or have money troubles working for your compay cause theres a lot of pointless driving that wastes your employees money and time

The company is a scam.

Former Employee - Agent in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Agent in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Buffett Senior Healthcare as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

None. The run-around began from day one. Instead of training with a professional in Dallas, I was forced to fly to St. Louis, where I had to drive 70 miles to a small city in Ilinois. My trainer was an obvious crook, who engaged in illegal acts in my presence. He sold nothing and all of his "sales" were canceled by the customers he scammed.

Cons

Forced to spend money that was not necessary for training. Forced to use high-pressure tactics to convince seniors to drop their existing coverage and buy the company's scam products.

Quit scamming the elderly.

Heed the warning and find another company to work for.

Former Employee - Agent in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Agent in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Buffett Senior Healthcare as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

You are forced to learn quickly and fly by the seat of your pants.

Cons

Isolation. You will never talk to any other agents. Your commission is only 15% or less of 9 months of premium. Difficult to make $ when you are paying for travel & unqualified appointments. Mostly working with very low income seniors because those are who it is easiest to get appointments with. You pay for your own training - may need to travel to Texas, no matter where you are - and online training which is $1000. You are not building relationships. You will likely never see these people who you have sold to again. You will feel like a big fat liar, just like Buffet Senior Healthcare.

I don't think there is any point offering advice. This company is in the business of making $ off the back of it's agents and those seniors who can least afford it.

Horrible, Horrible!

Former Employee - Sales in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Sales in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Buffett Senior Healthcare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The fake, and lies. They made it sound like its the best place to work for. Hell No

Cons

Long hours, driving very far, for leads that don't exist . $1,000.00 for training, who pays for job training. every one is looking for jobs, with this bad economy, are they crazy. SCAM>SCAM,SCAM. They need to look into. Using BUFFETT name to get around. The pay they offers you, not close to the $1,000.00 you paid them. They get Rich of people

Need mamagement to train management, if you know what I mean.

no no and no

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Buffett Senior Healthcare as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The management team was great.

Cons

I had to put up over 3K (not including the cost of gas and hotel stays) and the clientele was less than what I had expected. The leads were in the "boonies" These seniors had no money, living in horrid conditions. Just because you could sign them up does not mean that they could qualify by their health issues or that they canceled due to the fact that they could not afford the programs.

Also, the issue that I had was that you had to pay $1000 for the training, Grant Cardone, supposedly not a part of Buffett, is a Scientologist and promoted it in the training program.

Great company to work with.

Current Employee - Field Producer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Field Producer in Dallas, TX

Pros

This company has done everything they said they would as far as the support offered. I have had the opportunity to work directly with some of the senior management and they were always very helpful. I did not mind having to invest in myself as you actually do that with any knowledge you gain. They were very forthright about everything from the start.

Cons

The first 90 days are when most people quit and post blogs or state this company is a scam. They do not want to put the work into their business and they want to blame everyone else for their failure. You are told up front that the first 90 days require long hours and potential overnight travel.

Keep up the great work, you are really doing something to help seniors.