Bullhorn

Updated January 14, 2015
4.2

Bullhorn Founder & CEO Art Papas
Art Papas

Pros
  • Dress code varies by department, and is a relaxed communicative work environment (in 7 reviews)

• Great work environment and free lunch every Wednesday (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of communication between departments (in 3 reviews)

• Very fast paced, often times difficult to keep up with if you aren't willing to be flexible (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

37 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I love Bullhorn

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time

Pros

The culture is awesome. The company is growing like crazy and there's a ton of passion about what we do.

Cons

The company has been working really hard to make the customer experience great. It hadn't always been a focus for management and sometimes it was hard to make customers happy. We're definitely on the right path now.

Keep up the focus on delivering an incredible customer experience

Jan 14, 2015Director, Talent Acquistion

Thanks for the review! I couldn't agree more, we have a cool culture (hopefully you got to enjoy our incredible celebration lunch today). Our company and the passion continue to grow because of ... More

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fun atmosphere with awesome people to work with. Big growth opportunities are in the future for Bullhorn.

Cons

During my tenure there has been high turnover. Only real negative aspect that I can think of.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Full Time Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Full Time Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Awesome company culture, great leadership, and overall a great place to work especially for a young professional as the office seems to have an average age of 25-30. Great perks with fully stocked snackroom and Wednesday Lunch and Friday Breakfasts. There is a new jamroom with full instruments Location is on the Seaport near Downtown Boston. Dress code varies by department, and is a relaxed communicative work environment. Company is growing rapidly. Hands on management in the sense that you know that the leaders are engaged and caring for the company.

Cons

Employee Turnover could be better, lots of 1 year stints. None other than that at the moment.

Understand why people leave to hopefully build careers at Bullhorn to show that there is a promote from within and to show that there is career growth.

Comfortable Place to Work...

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fairly relaxed and casual culture. Lots of visibility to upper management, able to provide flexible schedule options. Very dynamic environment and lots of collaboration between other departments. Colleagues and management genuinely care about employee wellness.

Cons

Growing fast but poor planning internally. There are frequent issues with key departments being short staffed and unprepared for upcoming product changes. Lots of collaboration between other departments and offices but there is definitely tension between teams and offices which leads to an us vs. them mentality.

Plan growth more carefully so that internal structure is aligned with company goals and objectives.

Dec 22, 2014Director, Talent Acquistion

Thanks for the comments. It is valuable to us to learn which areas we can do better at. I think our growth makes it a very exciting time to be at Bullhorn and being new to the organization, I can ... More

Dynamic, Fast Growing, Room for Improvement

Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time

Pros

Bullhorn has been key for my growth as a sales professional and also as an emerging leader. All of the CXO's have an open door policy, and they are all willing to work with you to help you grow. It's not common that you find that in senior leadership.

Bullhorn promotes based on performance rather than tenure. Simply put, if you perform well, you'll get promoted, fast.

If you're the type of person who seeks additional responsibility and would like to be recognized for it, Bullhorn is the perfect place to work. Due to the innovative nature of the company, management seeks these kind of people out. Essentially, you're allowed to think outside of the box and try to fix things that you think are broken.

Culture is a big focus at Bullhorn. They certainly deploy the "work hard, play hard" culture. Every first Thursday of the month, Bullhorn rents a bar out in Boston and throws an open bar party for all of their employees. They also cater lunch every Wednesday, and cater breakfast every Friday.

Cons

Things move at a very fast pace in Bullhorn due to our position in the market. Bullhorn is a business that's looking to scale and grow rapidly to widen the gap with its competition. With that said, if you want to exceed expectations and rise quickly, you can expect to work what some would consider long hours (8-6) and expect your managers to give you a lot of work to do. Again, you're promoted at Bullhorn based on performance, not tenure.

Some people thrive in this type of role, some people don't, it's not made for everyone.

This one is more personal, but there isn't standing desks!

Let your sales people take time off without being worried about missing their number. When sales people take vacations, it's hardly a vacation because they have twice the amount of work to do when they get home. It would be nice if you could offer some quota relief during sales peoples time off so they aren't thinking about work while on vacation. Even just offering 1 week of quota relief a year would be great.

Dec 22, 2014Director, Talent Acquistion

Thanks for your feedback, we always welcome comments from our employees. I will make sure that your comments are brought to the Strategic Leadership Team and the sales group.

Tim Halloran
    ... More

Fun place

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bullhorn part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great office setting with lots of windows and common spaces, nice people who are very comfortable with the office

Cons

Almost a little unprofessional, but they keep it together.

Friendly work culture where you will always be valued for your work and contributions

Current Employee - Senior Software Quality Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Quality Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone on the team loves to work with new technologies to help make our product better, be it developing it, testing it or delivering it. Each person's input are valued.

Managers conduct weekly one-on-one meetings to know how you are doing, know about your career path and help you move towards it.

To add to all of it, we just got a brand new lounge space,gym, music room and a huge kitchen. Not to forget free Wednesday lunches and Friday breakfasts, the annual company outing, volunteering opportunities and barbecues!

Cons

It gets busy when we are close to releasing major features out but managers let everyone have flexible hours so it makes up for extra work that you put in. We sometimes have deploys which are scheduled for 9 pm on Thursdays which may need you participation but you are informed well in advance about it.

Great Company, Poor Training

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Bullhorn full-time

Pros

amazing culture, great pay, good benefits, most people are great (although there are always a few bad apples), fun office

Cons

disorganized management, lack of job specific training for entry-level administrative positions, siloed workforce, expansion is surpassing hiring, less than helpful co-workers (too busy to help new employees)

Train not only about the company in general but implement some sort of mentorship program to ensure higher job satisfaction

Dec 24, 2014Director, Talent Acquistion

Thanks for the advice. We are working on a mentorship and continue to add to our training. If you feel as though you need more insight into anything, please contact your manager or HR and we will ... More

Awesome culture, upward mobility, positive work environment

Current Employee - Marketing in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very much a 'start-up' culture - lots of great perks (free wednesday lunches, friday breakfasts, first thursdays at local bars, summer outing, snacks, drinks, gym, etc. etc.) - these all definitely add to the work experience at Bullhorn

Clear direction and leadership is transparent with whole company - you know the roadmap of where the company is going and what's being worked on. 'Town Hall' meetings every quarter are super helpful.

If you do your job and do it well, promotions come quickly

Cons

Honestly...I can't really think of anything. I've had several full-time jobs post-college (research firm, tech start up, software company) so I have a few things to compare it to and Bullhorn is by far the best company I've worked for in terms of actual work, work/life balance, and care for employees.

Keep doing what you're doing - stay open and transparent. Keep your door open so that anyone in the company - from intern to manager - feels comfortable coming in and talking

Great Environment to work.

Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at Bullhorn as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

The colleagues are very helpful.

Cons

The biggest challenge is it does not have huge team, so there are less expertise.