Bullhorn Reviews

62 reviews filtered by

1. Fun place

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bullhorn part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great office setting with lots of windows and common spaces, nice people who are very comfortable with the office

Cons

Almost a little unprofessional, but they keep it together.

Great atmosphere and relaxed work environment, but maybe too relaxed

I worked at Bullhorn full-time

Pros

Great work environment, many perks of a typical software company such as corporate outings and free food at the office. Atmosphere is fairly relaxed and Bullhorn is at the top of their industry with their product

Cons

Very loosely structured in some teams; while this is nice sometimes, I sometimes went weeks at a time without work, and it quickly became a very negative aspect of the position.

Friendly work culture where you will always be valued for your work and contributions

Current Employee - Senior Software Quality Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Quality Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone on the team loves to work with new technologies to help make our product better, be it developing it, testing it or delivering it. Each person's input are valued.

Managers conduct weekly one-on-one meetings to know how you are doing, know about your career path and help you move towards it.

To add to all of it, we just got a brand new lounge space,gym, music room and a huge kitchen. Not to forget free Wednesday lunches and Friday breakfasts, the annual company outing, volunteering opportunities and barbecues!

Cons

It gets busy when we are close to releasing major features out but managers let everyone have flexible hours so it makes up for extra work that you put in. We sometimes have deploys which are scheduled for 9 pm on Thursdays which may need you participation but you are informed well in advance about it.

great place to start your career, but not a place to stay

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Bullhorn full-time (more than a year)

Pros

compensation is adequate, lot of young passionate people, good work environment and culture

Cons

Management is not much experienced, project planning and project are very crude, ambiguous and stagnant. Very little changes of advancement. your work will demand a lot of time and patience which is not understood by management.

Great company, great culture.

I have been working at Bullhorn

Pros

The office culture is really laid back and they clearly take the time to make sure a potential employee would fit in and be welcomed. The company's on the rise and an industry leader.

Cons

It can be too laid back at times. Definitely not a well-oiled machine There's clearly no passion from anyone, since they're working for a recruiting software company, which is a hard product to be passionate about.

Dec 24, 2014Director, Talent Acquistion

Welcome to the Bullhorn team!! I see passion in our employees every day, from Art, the Leadership team and all of the team members. Our product is the leader in the market place, and it helps ... More

Great Company, Poor Training

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Bullhorn full-time

Pros

amazing culture, great pay, good benefits, most people are great (although there are always a few bad apples), fun office

Cons

disorganized management, lack of job specific training for entry-level administrative positions, siloed workforce, expansion is surpassing hiring, less than helpful co-workers (too busy to help new employees)

Train not only about the company in general but implement some sort of mentorship program to ensure higher job satisfaction

Dec 24, 2014Director, Talent Acquistion

Thanks for the advice. We are working on a mentorship and continue to add to our training. If you feel as though you need more insight into anything, please contact your manager or HR and we will ... More

Awesome culture, upward mobility, positive work environment

Current Employee - Marketing in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very much a 'start-up' culture - lots of great perks (free wednesday lunches, friday breakfasts, first thursdays at local bars, summer outing, snacks, drinks, gym, etc. etc.) - these all definitely add to the work experience at Bullhorn

Clear direction and leadership is transparent with whole company - you know the roadmap of where the company is going and what's being worked on. 'Town Hall' meetings every quarter are super helpful.

If you do your job and do it well, promotions come quickly

Cons

Honestly...I can't really think of anything. I've had several full-time jobs post-college (research firm, tech start up, software company) so I have a few things to compare it to and Bullhorn is by far the best company I've worked for in terms of actual work, work/life balance, and care for employees.

Keep doing what you're doing - stay open and transparent. Keep your door open so that anyone in the company - from intern to manager - feels comfortable coming in and talking

great culture, but low salaries and mangers change too often

I worked at Bullhorn

Pros

Bullhorn has a great culture. Fast growing company with opportunities for professional development

Cons

Became too corporate after it was acquired by a portfolio investment company. Salaries are NOT competetive.

Improve communication between departments. Employees should take more ownership. Make sure that it keeps the same culture as I had 4 years ago. Don't changes managers so often. I had a different manage every 9 months/year! It takes time to build a relationship between an employee and manager.

Dec 24, 2014Director, Talent Acquistion

I appreciate your comments and will share with the leadership team. We have built a very strong culture at a very fast growing company, and we continue to try to improve on it. Thanks for the ... More

10. Java developer

Current Employee - Java Developer
    Current Employee - Java Developer

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time

Pros

Good growth and future looks impressive.

Cons

Low salary though. I will advice to discuss all the benefits and compensation you need in the first call itself.

Very impressive

Growth isn't always good...

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Semi laid back work environment, young company. Bullhorn sells a great product that employees can truly get behind.

Cons

Private Equity company controls nearly all company decisions. Growth has left good employees jobless. Bullhorn is becoming more and more corporate and no longer should ever be classified as a "startup"

Dec 24, 2014Director, Talent Acquistion

I appreciate your comments, they are very valuable to us. Our relationship with Vista has allowed us to accelerate our growth. They allow us to run things the way that we always have. I will make ... More