Bumble and bumble. Products

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Peter Lichtenthal

Amazing place to work. Talented team is highly collaborative.

ProsGreat space, excellent education, talented team members. Highly collaborative. University is known as the best in the industry. Excellent opportunity for growth.

ConsSmall company, limited budgets. Slow to make decisions. Small team and everyone has a lot of projects and priorities. Stress.

Great company!

Senior Business Consultant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsAmazing people both on teams and in leadership. Strong company culture and best in industry products. Strong focus on training and development for employees.

ConsField and remote teams can at times need more connection, but overall very cohesive.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to the feedback provided from the teams.

Great People, But some difficult managing

Front of House Staff (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros-Great people in terms of co-workers and clientele
    -flexible schedule
    -free haircut, color, blowouts free samples
    -close to trains
    -amazing locations and beautiful salon and retail environment

Cons-To much micro management
    -micro management hinders the customer service
    -very slow in moving up the ladder in employment
    -management take mistakes very personally
    -lots of favoritism
    -pay is very low for amount of work being done
    -passive aggression is palpable in management teams
    -lots of over the top dramatic personality types to deal with = HIGH MAINTENANCE!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop Micro managing everything!!! You are losing the personal touch you want to create!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible Management, Strict Corporate Hierarchy, Dwindling Relevance

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsSalon services allowance, Estee Lauder discount, great benefits package, summer Fridays, decent vacation time for assistant manager level and above

ConsFor the first several months, I loved the benefits of working for a multi-billion dollar corporation. Having previously worked in only small companies, I was quick to drink the corporate Kool-Aid. But the glamour began the fade as I realized the company was losing market share, relevance, and was run by a gang of self-obsessed corporate overlords. During my year and a half there, I saw dozens of talented and driven younger employees leave, driven out by poor management and a dying internal creative culture. I was either micromanaged for brief periods of time or left entirely to my own devices for longer stretches by a self-serving, often MIA, thankless manager. I am a proactive self-starter who went above and beyond and was told that I had overstepped the boundaries of my position multiple times. This is a company where managers want all of the glory for themselves and care not for fostering the careers of their employees. It has been less than surprising to me then that since I left last year, dozens more employees from both the corporate office and the salon have left and employees still there tell me that morale is lower than ever. The most shocking thing about my time at Bumble and bumble was the wealth of vibrant, young, creative energy that was untapped and even stifled by small-minded upper managers with poor taste. When I arrived, the creative energy was palpable - and this was something the company was known for. When I left, the creative souls who still remained were disillusioned and dejected, desperate for a way out. As such, it's no surprise many of them have left over the last few months. Even the brilliant and feisty non-creatives in departments such as marketing have also departed. Only the corporate overlords and their depressed prisoners remain.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo Peter: look around you, search your heart, and ask whether your Bb.LT are truly the leaders their lofty titles indicate they are.

Great, fun, environment to work in.

Cafe Associate (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat benefits. Especially if you love getting your hair done. And products free products.
    Great hours.
    Decent pay.

ConsJust have to be patient with the many uptight , conceited clients that come in lol

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work

Excellent Benefits, Below Market Pay, Bad Senior Management, Negative Outlook

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros- Estee Lauder Companies offers great benefits packages
    - Good work/life balance except for Marketing team who work longer hours
    - Nice office and location
    - Employees enjoy salon benefits and product discounts

Cons- Well below market pay. Estee Lauder employees are paid anywhere from 30-40% under market
    - Senior management are dinosaurs. Newcomers with ideas are put down and eventually capitulate to maintaing status quo
    - Company is stagnating and performing poorly
    - Dispirited middle management and below
    - Estee Lauder lifers running the show, no one below Director position is listened to or valued
    - Mass exodus of employees over the last few years correlates to poor performance and speaks to the decline of the spirit and verve of the brand
    - Obsession with the past and founder Michael Gordon inhibits evolution of the brand
    - Poor aesthetic stuck in the 1990s

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace virtually all Senior Management or watch the company continue to devolve and lose market share

Pleasant workplace, low compensation

ProsGood benefits, great location, fun work atmosphere

ConsLow compensation, small bonuses, limited ability for promotion

Plesant work environment and coworkers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsExcellent work space with bright busy environment. Great opportunities for employees to enjoy salon services. Supportive managers and pleasant co workers.

ConsLimited opportunity for advancement or ability to change divisions.

Good work/life balance.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat benefits and quirky characters.

ConsPolitics of senior management can make things, difficult and frustrating at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrant promotions to those who deserve it.

Bumble and bumble

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat learning environment, still has a good name with clients and people outside the fashion industry.

ConsHuge staff turnover since MG is gone. No longer held in the same regard in the fashion industry. Promotion of under trained staff due to necessity in the salon. Office jobs and titles shifting without anyone discussing it with you.

Advice to Senior Managementsenior manager , who has since been terminated, was allowed to treat staff in unacceptable manner. EL HR refused to intervene, leaving staff feeling only option left was to leave the company or continue to be treated with disrespect and unfairly.

Worked for Bumble and bumble. Products? Contribute to the Community!