Bunge North America

Add Photos

Bunge North America President and CEO Soren W. Schroder

Soren W. Schroder

Unsure of Direction

ProsGreat company culture in the North American office. Everyone really did seem to care about each other and the work they were doing.

ConsWork life balance is hard, room for personal growth may be stunted due to lack of evaluation from management.

At first it was an excellent company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsThere are good people working here. Good lunches and breakfasts.

ConsAt first it was an excellent company to work for. Good team work, human quality between workers and managers felt good because there was at least respect. This has been deteriorating over time with the new Management. The "Management" today is manipulated by two or three people who have access to power and display favoritism in the decisions. These people only care about their own benefit and not the welfare of the company.
    HR practically does nothing. Allows tardiness (starting with own tardiness), absences, and even lies about absences of certain people. HR does absolutely nothing regarding the unjust dismissal of people. Personnel turnover is very high. There is no room for personal growth.
    The work is hard because all of the changes in the processes, the outsourcing of activities, the high personnel turnover, and the lack of training, but most importantly because there is no transparency or communication. Working hours are long and the pay is not enough. There is no work/life balance.
    Worst of all is that nobody cares. Managers are there only to further personal careers within or outside Bunge in the period of 2 to 3 years, regardless of the mess they leave behind.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to investigate who are doing wrong to the company. Also investigate employee dismissals and turnover, as well as cronyism.

Great company to work for

ProsGreat employees, work life balance, training opportunities, decentralized

ConsLeadership have so much in their place the are looking at 35000 level feet. They miss the details. A lot of employees dont have guidance.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet into the details

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Work/life Balance sucks

Operator (Current Employee) Council Bluffs, IA

ProsGreat paying job with ok benefits. Safety is a top priority. Easy slow paced. Advancement opportunities. two weeks vacation after your first year.

Conswork/life balance sucks rotating from nights to days every other week and work 5 weekends and get 2 off. 12 hour shifts make it hard to get anything done outside of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementNever have even seen our plant manager or most of the higher ups at our plant... Need to try to connect more with employees

Quick Money In A Short Amount Of Time

Seasonal Grain Sorter (Former Employee) Greenville, MS

ProsThe coworkers I had were an excellent group of people from all walks of life and working this job taught me life lessons that I will never forget. Being a full time college student, working at Bunge taught me excellent time management skills and also gave me a keen interest in knowing where the food I ate came from. This also made me want to perform even better because I knew the grain that I came in contact with would effect somebody's child and or family member as well as my own

ConsExtremely long hours during harvest season and a fast paced job.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more respectful of your employees. We are people too.

Good Bad And The Ugly

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Decatur, IN

ProsNot bad pay close to home good employees i work with. If we were not union this plant would not survive.Meaning management would would run this plant in the ground.On the + side the plant manager is one of the best i have seen.He is a people person.The plant managers in the past would show little respect for most employees.

ConsManagement for the most part are not good..Before bunge bought us we had management that knew how to run the jobs.Know they hire with a degree only.They have no idea how the plant runs.It also helps if your a good golfer and drink.Hr is a joke. The guy has noooo idea what is going on.I cant remember how many HR guys they have had in the past 5 years around 3 i think.All were bad for the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Don't pick your pets as my boss does.

they are a family company and treat employees as family

Prefer Not to Say (Current Employee) Modesto, CA

Prosbenefits, 401k, friendly people, safety incentives, we care about safety

Conssome do not work with you when it comes to dr. apts , we are supposed to make our apts after hours but when you do, you get told you need to make them during working hours and make up the time, when talking to h.r. i'm told no i need to make them after working hours they cant seem to be on the same page on this, I feel that we are a little under the average pay for what we do, and do not get cost of living increases or decent raises.

Advice to Senior Managementget on the dame page as to scheduling dr. apts and staff shifts accordingly we have alot of over time at this time and it takes its toll on us by the end of the week and some sonot want to work overtime and will run to get someone else to work for them, some are treated differently then others

Bunge North America

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOpportunities to grow may be good.

ConsNo work-life balance, no interest in people keeping a normal personal life.

Long hours for low compensation

Manager (Current Employee) Bradley, IL

ProsLots of responsibility and autonomy

ConsNo budget, long hours for unrealistic expectations

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat all departments, divisions, locations the same

Bunge has no core values with hypocritical micro-management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe pro's was defiantly at the local facility employees. Had a family atmosphere who cared about each other.

ConsWhere do I began? Upper management is so worried about their own backs that they are not afraid to back stab local managers throwing them under the bus for something that is supposed to be resolved not reticule by management. Upper management have no clue what is going at the local faculties even when told. If you tell them about a problem, they continue to ignore the problem until it is either dissolved or becomes a larger one claiming that they had no clue. When embarrassing them that they did know with emails they deny they saw them even though they replied.
    The only people that move up in the company is people who rub the right elbows looking past their competence. People who don't move up are the ones who initiate ideas & never receive credit where credit is due.
    Moral is terrible at most faculties due to upper management. They tried to introduce a flex work schedule but deny all grain employees - in fact was told by the district manager that this policy does not apply to grain employees. Nice, when you work 7 days a week/12 hours a day for 9 months & have a use it or loose it vacation policy which I never fully used & was even told that I needed to stay & work, not go to my own sisters wedding.
    I can fill this page but since I am no longer employed at Bunge, my stress level has considerably lowered & don't want to relive bad memories.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen I began at Bunge, I enjoyed it, it felt like family. At the end, it is a bunch of back stabbing, blundering idiots that have no clue how to even trade grain or operate an elevator in upper management. The 'because I said so' mentality needs to leave - this mentality was my reason to why many times.....

Worked for Bunge North America? Contribute to the Community!