Bunzl Distribution USA

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pat Larmon

Frustrated employee

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Bunzl Distribution USA full-time for more than a year

ProsWe only worn 8 to 5, Monday to Saturday.

ConsNo room for advancement. I have been told that within 5 years when at least 7 employees will retire and I could get one of their jobs. I don't believe in what they say, they always promise change to make our office better but that change never comes. The older employees that are close to retirement are always in a bad moon, and I always regret asking them a question because I always get attitude from them like if I was bothering them. Most other departments act like customer service employees are low class and stupid. I am actively searching for a new job and will be happy to leave this year 2014.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer early retirement to your older employees they obviously don't want to be there. I think if you bring in younger employees your company would actually grow.

Absolutely the worst people to work for

Forklift (Current Employee)
Monmouth Junction, NJ

I have been working at Bunzl Distribution USA full-time for less than a year

ProsAverage 30 hrs overtime a week makes the money pretty good

ConsSupervisors are the meanest, cruelest, ruthless people you coud meet. They let most people go on there 59th day so you dont make the union. Mandatory OT overnights union and company are the same people. They work you to death and threaten you with your job almost on a daily basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementNON because it will never change

My experience is you get what you put in

I have been working at Bunzl Distribution USA

ProsBenefits, close to home, good pay

ConsNone yet so far so good

Solid company to work for while you find a new job, no advancement opportunities

Sales (Former Employee)
Arizona, TX

I worked at Bunzl Distribution USA full-time for more than 5 years

ProsStrong company
Good benefits, your share paid determined by earnings.
Commissioned reps have an opportunity to earn a pretty good living.
Unless you do something idiotic, you will never get fired.

ConsPromotions based on who you know, zero basis on performance.
Very low turnover causes everyone from top to bottom to just maintain their level of production and performance and stay stuck in current positions.
Have no desire or concern to keep and /or develop talented people.
No forward thinking, doing business the same way today as they probably did ten years ago and probably will ten years from now.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe people leaving the company are the talented people. The reason why employees stay so long is everyone is too comfortable in their positions and management is too scared implement change or hold people accountable for their performance because they want to keep their head low so every ten years they get their promotion.

Dead end job with no advancement in site, and Management is Horrible with a Captial H

Warehouse Worker (Current Employee)
Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Bunzl Distribution USA full-time for more than 8 years

Prosexcellent Pay for the career field and health benefits, very easy work if you can look past the micromanaging and lying of management.

ConsIf you want to be overworked with very little help and favortism to people that have been there over 15 years, lied to on a daily bases, treated as if you was a moron, told with out saying if you don't like your job there is the door on a daily basis, then this is your job. i have worked in this career field for more than 20 years including 4 in the military. And this is the worst place i can say i have ever worked

Advice to Senior Managementquit or retire and get out of the way of others trying to make the company better

Dead end job, micromanaged, so glad when I quit.

Saint Rose, LA

I worked at Bunzl Distribution USA

ProsBunzl Distribution is a financially stable company. A new employee only needs to wait six months before two weeks of vacation is earned.

ConsPerhaps it was just my experience, but every little detail of the customer service job was micromanaged. Raises and equipment were promised, but never materialized.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen employees do good work, speak up, tell them. Back off from the micromanaging. Help create an atmosphere that is relaxed.

Bunzl Distribution - Good at What it Does

I have been working at Bunzl Distribution USA

ProsThe people at Bunzl are it's greatest asset. They work hard to do the right thing for the customer. The company is very loyal and supportive of its employees, especially during the recent economic downturn.

ConsThere is little room for advancement or variety within the company. Little is being done to groom the next generation of leaders. Bunzl could be so much more than it is.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe pieces are in place for Bunzl to be so much more than it is. Management seems to be too focused on short term results. With the right changes in the executive ranks, Bunzl could dominate any segment it chooses to enter.

Does not understand diversity at all.

I worked at Bunzl Distribution USA

ProsThe people I worked with. Other than top management, the employees are very dedicated and professional individuals.

ConsThis company is not open to promoting woman, especially to executive management. They have demoted several woman in the past few years for no good reasons. They were all doing their jobs very well. Replaced them with men.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the old boy's club atmosphere; especially the use of the "fraternity nicknames" for the men at the corporate office. It's nauseating to listen to top management referring to each other by infantile names.

Just okay

I worked at Bunzl Distribution USA

ProsA stable place in turbulent times.

ConsA lot of people have been there 10, 20, 30 years. Used to think that was a good thing until it became apparent they're there because they can't go anywhere else. Pay is nothing to brag about.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Very Lean Structtue: Good for profits but its about it.

I worked at Bunzl Distribution USA

ProsThe ablity to gain lots of skills(lean environment-not a lot over overhead or redundant staff).
Good Benefits
great rewards if you work along the strategic goals of the company

Constoo lean-can cause burnout if you never add staff when needed
Senior Management keeps the strategic goals away from all employees
too many politics--Good Old Boys network

Advice to Senior Managementbe clear about strategic goals
really be in tune with your employees-they aren't robots and it will hurt you in the long run if you keep burning them out. eg warehouse managers work 70 hr weeks and even exec fly more than others compared to other cos the same size.

Worked for Bunzl Distribution USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bunzl Distribution USA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bunzl Distribution USA CEO Pat Larmon. All 21 reviews posted anonymously by Bunzl Distribution USA employees.