Bunzl Distribution USA

Employment Status

Reset
2.2
Pat Larmon

Great place to work for, and a great learning experience as well!

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Bunzl Distribution USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good environment, great team, well instructed and organized

Cons

mandatory over time until done, great pay follows but can be an inconvenience.

2. They do not care abour you!

I worked at Bunzl Distribution USA

Pros

Great benefits. But that is about all I can say good about this company. Trying to meet the 20 word minimum.

Cons

You go over and beyond what is asked of you and the people that are always late or missing work get all the benefits. They play favorite's big time. You stand up for your self and you let go!

Advice to Management

Maybe keep the people that are actually an asset to your company and not the stackers

The worst management youve ever seen

Current Employee - Sales in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Bunzl Distribution USA (More than a year)

Pros

They have an OK worklife balance. I enjoy the work and helping secure business by talking to customers.

Cons

They benefits are really weak. You pay too much for medical and all the other crap they throw at you. The management is uneducated. They let them move up from within the organization, but fail to give them the training to run things the right way. Like, how to do things with a cost-affective approach. They are slowly bleeding the company dry. Office politics are played pretty heavy here. they would rather have idiots running things because they don't want people around them that can do the job better and make them look bad. Pay is below average for the kind of work you do. I think that is why Bunzl does not require college for management to also.

Advice to Management

Go get a college degree. You so badly need it.

5. Long hours.

Current Employee - Truck Driver
    Current Employee - Truck Driver

I have been working at Bunzl Distribution USA full-time

Pros

New equipment& flexibility on start time

Cons

Long hours & low pay for what is expected of you

Advice to Management

What management I manage myself.

You'll be treated like a red headed step child if you ever voice a concern about workload or God forbid, ask for help!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Bunzl Distribution USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The day I gave my notice was the happiest day of my life. I was tormented for over two years. Customer Service Rep. Overworked and UNDER APPRECIATED!

Cons

Let me start by saying, RUN.. IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION AS FAST AS YOU CAN! If you don't, and I guarantee you'll regret accepting a job at Bunzl! I was a Customer Service Representative and once I got cross ways with my Supervisor, there was no coming back. She treated me with disregard from that point on and no matter how hard I worked and how much the customers liked me, it never mattered again and she took out her passive aggressive dislike for me on my Performance Review. Please, do yourself a HUGE FAVOR, and scratch Bunzl Distribution off your list. There are other Real Opportunities out there!

Advice to Management

Retire and give your current direct reports some relief - FROM YOU!

They reap what they sow.

Former Employee - Driver
    Former Employee - Driver

I worked at Bunzl Distribution USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Steady work means job security -Plenty of overtime -401k with company match up to 6% -Newer equipment -Friendly coworkers -Weekends off

Cons

-Untrained managers -You'll only be reminded of all the bad things you do -Pay is below the industry average -Communication is lousy -Company bites off more than it can chew -No room to efficiently conduct business to maximize productivity -Disorganized is an understatement -HR avoids any and all contact with employees, and never gets back to them

Advice to Management

Empower your managers. Too many managers are afraid to make decisions. They must consult at the top for everything. Quite frankly, top management is out of touch with reality, and makes the worst possible decisions for the warehouse. What's really frustrating and upsetting, is this place could be so much more with the right people leading it. Honestly, never have I seen a place with morale so low. My advice? Current management needs to be purged, and new qualified managers need to be brought in and paid accordingly.

Anti-climatic to say the least

Current Employee - Order Selector in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Order Selector in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Bunzl Distribution USA full-time

Pros

There are definitely some reasons why some would want to work here. Are you single and have tons of time on your hands and no experience anywhere? Then this job may be for you. Bunzl anaheim hands out overtime like candy. The benefits are okay and the vacation times are decent. Great team of guys. Some of the best friends i have i met there.

Cons

Local company morale is shockingly low. Really low. Trash flows downhill as they say, and here that is the motto they so adhere to. Upper management dont care how they get results, they just want results even if they have to break a few fire codes. Lower management take it out and blame the hourly wage workers. There are few good eggs in lower management but they are far and few and thus dont hold much power or say so. If you work on the night crew you will be the lowest of the low and highly expendable even if you been there for years. Which is sad because they do the most work. If you want to advance you wont get anywhere here. In my experience its favoritism over seniority.

Advice to Management

Improve and cultivate a better sense of morale within the warehouse floor. Realize these are people with lives and families just like you! Also treat the people who make the company the most money( the night warehouse crew does most of the work load) the best. Night is an inconvenience to work, people that work the night should be compensated better wages wise.

So so place to work

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Bunzl Distribution USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Their benefits were good. Was able to learn more about the local food industry in this area which helped me when I landed my current job.

Cons

Poor management at all levels. In my particular office the office manager was a micromanager. Would listen in to all my customer service calls and would always make a negative comment. There was no pleasing her. Was never good enough. She made life at work so discouraging that I quit after 7 months.

Advice to Management

There is so much room for you guys to improve. Set goals for yourselves and work for them. Take an interest in the branches. Go and visit the common worker. Act as if you care.

Two sides to every coin

Current Employee - Sales in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Sales in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Bunzl Distribution USA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great hard working loyal employees. Low cost operating system. Have a dominant share of the market

Cons

Culture needs some fresh air. Dominant share creates arrogance

Advice to Management

Listen to the street. Don't just trust the person in charge of any particular branch. Consider anonymous reviews of the branches leadership.

Company needs structure. Communication is lousy and teamwork seems to be absent. Company culture needs to be revamped.

Former Employee - Warehouse Employee
    Former Employee - Warehouse Employee

I worked at Bunzl Distribution USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hourly compensation, consistent work. Workers basically work on their own with updated equipment. Good benefits.

Cons

The number one problem is communication. Learn how to communicate with the employee's and management.

Advice to Management

Consider bringing in an outside agency to evaluate the company. Having someone look at your company from the outside will give you a better understanding of what is truly going on, and hopefully give advice on how to correct it.

RSS Feed </> Embed