Bunzl

Bunzl Chief Executive Michael Roney

Michael Roney

Was a great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Sumner, WA

ProsGreat "Service" oriented culture and family atmosphere

ConsBusiness was sold in 2012

Well run company with potential for advancement

Pros-Excellent Benefits
    -Appropriate salary/hourly wages
    -Positive work environment
    -Fantastic work/life balance

Cons-Could do better bringing employees into the overall company culture

Bunzl Greenham

Field Sales Manager (Current Employee) Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

ProsI love the variety my job offers from my customers to our product range. One day is rarely like another. I also do think Bunzl invest in their staff (eg training, employee supports, sharesave options). I do think the company try where possible to respond to staff issues and requests. The systems are also pretty impressive in comparison to previous employers.

ConsAlthough there are many great supports in place for staff I feel the commission structures unattractive and not as motivating as previous jobs although I cannot complain about the basic salary. Although the management try to respond to staff/customers the shareholder seems to come first at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening and keep supporting the staff. There are so many things Bunzl do so well but should engage more with all departments not just sales staff. Our frontline drivers, telesales and warehouse guys are just as valuable and make our lives easier.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overworked and Under-appreciated

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome managers are concerned about their staff members but very few.

ConsIn general executive managment is only concerned about themselves and will do anything to ensure they stay ontop so they continue receiving their big bonuses, stock options, country club membership etc. I have seen executive managers force their staff to work 48 hours with no breaks so a project can get completed early increasing their bonus opertunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so greedy and share the wealth. Bunzl is a very cash rich company. Stop throwing away people once you burn them up, back off a little so they don't burn up.

Worked for Bunzl? Contribute to the Community!