Buongiorno

Buongiorno CEO Fernando González-Mesones

Fernando González-Mesones

Great Company to Work For

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat company! Awesome culture, amazing benefits, transparent management and the work itself is a lot of fun! Mobile apps! Excellent work/personal life balance, casual dress code, good medical and dental benefits, smart senior management, summer fridays, company lunches, etc.

ConsBecause of the nature of the mobile app environment the company has to quickly adapt to change.

Great colleagues, but leadership lacks knowledge of what they are doing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDiverse group of people who really rally together to get things done. The perks weren't great, but the team did a lot outside of work, which brought lots of meaningful connections. The team worked hard and there were some really smart folks on the team trying to navigate the international politics of this company.

ConsThe leadership is non-existent. They are not innovative or visionary enough to compete in the mobile space and the HR organization is all about gossip, not work. These guys caught a lucky streak by cheating users out of subscription services, but are now finding it hard to operate in a fair manner.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensation was and still is well below industry standard and promotions to the team were absent, but were often handed out left and right to the top guys. To keep good talent, you have to make others feel appreciated and show them as such too.

Dissatisfied.

Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe working environment was very friendly and very employee focused. The company had an excellent culture and uniqueness.

ConsPoor orientation for new employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Old products

Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) Madrid (Spain)

ProsIn the early years, dynamic company with interesting projects

ConsThey rely on old fashioned products that customers don't use anymore (content download: ringtones, wallpapers, videos). A shift on the approach is needed, otherwise the future won't be brilliant.

Advice to Senior ManagementProducts need strong evolution; in a world of wonderful apps, these products won't ever succeed. The way of acquiring users (they don't even know they're paying) is obsolete (average internet user is way more mature than some years ago).

Good place to grow experience

Back-End Developer (Former Employee) Milan (Italy)

Prosseveral smart people that to learn from
    good collaboration between colleagues

Conssalary is in the italian average, so not so good

dynamic fast paced working environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosflexibility, new technologies, good team work, challenging projects

Conssalary below the market avg, really bad internal communication, sometimes unachievable tergets

Advice to Senior Managementchange the word CHALLENGING to HARDLY-POSSIBLE :)

Just like a public administration.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Florence (Italy)

ProsNice office, some nice people around. Business ideas were good, but the very complex hierarchical company structure usually blocked them at start.

ConsNo fresh ideas allowed because of the company structure. Lot of unneeded complexity when it came to administrative tasks (it looked like stuck in the 90s). There's a very little staff turnover, and the ones who're there are often keen to "usual" racist/closed-minded jokes.
    There's no real time flexibility and therefore the Scrum process is poorly applied. Very huge technical debit, even if a new project comes out.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe relaxed and make the structure much more flattened.

International company with interests in different areas.

Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) Florence (Italy)

ProsRelaxed and international environment. Friendly people. Fast paced with an ever changing attitude. Being part of one of bigger world telecomunication groups (NTT Docomo). Very good work/life balance. Flexible working time.

ConsShould improve from a career and goals management perspective as people often complain about not having career development objectives being valued

Great company, in 3 words : dynamic, young, international

Service Manager Director (Current Employee) Milan (Italy)

ProsVery dynamics, exciting, very focused to follow the market trends and get benefit of this

ConsSometime it's hard to follow the multiple changes, adapting procedures, resources, activity and plan in a short term goals.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep pushing ... this is our slogan and is perfectly suited to Buongiorno

Stay away

Something They Didn't Appreciate (Former Employee)

ProsLittle pros in this company.

ConsTerrible company. They have rude snobbish managers who think they are God's gift to earth and they don't want to talk to the employee's. They pretend they have good financial results but when it comes to employee's they cut everything they can in costs making it almost impossible to perform correctly. Needless to say that there is no training no career development whatsoever. In the country where I was employed, I never saw the human resources person until the last day! I usually don't participate in these reviews, but when I saw the stars placed next to the name of this company appeared in my mailbox, I felt obliged to put some balance in here.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo to hell !

Worked for Buongiorno? Contribute to the Community!