Bureau Van Dijk Electronic Publishing

Not yet rated.

Angus Davidson

Great !

Business Development Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsLife quality, networking, new challenges

ConsCorporate structure, CRM, that it

Good comp, mediocre managemnt

Account Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsSince it is headquarted in Brussels, you get good benefits - insurance and vacation. Good work-life balance. Travel, if you like that sort of thing.

ConsOne of the products is in most banks so that's good but it is already there so you can't really sell the best product and are left trying to sell more mediocre ones. As the headquarters is in Belgium, you can only reach them early in the morning and you rarely feel connected to them. US offices are all sales offices. I had an int'l sales manager tell me that they could care less about the time I spent on supporting my current accounts (which was a lot) because most of them renew anyway so don't expect any compensation tied to that.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize the support employees give to maintain current accounts. Train and support your salespeople better. Help them more with leads.

Great benefits, company needs some internal readjustments

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsSalary competitive with the market
    4 weeks paid vacation per year/ 12 'standard' holidays (e.g. Xmas Thanksgiving etc.)
    401k with generous employer match
    Health insurance with reimbursements
    Numerous client-facing opportunities / business travel
    Interesting and challenging work with smart, driven colleagues
    Reasonable hours

ConsManagement is reactionary rather than proactive
    Internal policies and procedures not well defined
    No management training
    No formal employee training
    Limited opportunities for growth after 3+ years (specific to my role)
    Certain individuals (including managers) behave inappropriately and are not held accountable for their behavior
    Adherence to policies that don't make sense for employees and don't ultimately benefit the company for purposes of 'fairness for all'

Advice to Senior ManagementWork to define standards, policies and procedures that make sense. Hold employees accountable for unacceptable behavior. Invest in employees & provide management training. Give thought to the career progression of employees, otherwise they'll find opportunities outside the company for growth.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A lot of work for little pay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits +20 vacation days, all holidays off.
    Very flexible to any personal situation.

ConsNo opportunity for growth.
    Clique mentality and unprofessional behavior in many cases
    Pay does not compensate the amount of work you perform daily

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to actually manage and to take accountability for themselves and team. Learn to maintain discretion of employee.

Fun times

Client Support (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGood, smart, young team of people to work with. Lots of opportunities to work with high profile clients. The products are excellent, so you can always be confident talking to the clients that you are working for the best

ConsPay is comparatively bad especially in support roles. Unless you are in Sales, you will not be making much money.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore bonuses!

Once I joint the company, I realised how a big mistake I did

Business Development Manager (Former Employee) Madrid (Spain)

ProsNothing good to be reported.

ConsGeneral Manager in Spain did not know how to deal with people, not training, not induction to new employees. They do not care about your knowledge , just to meet the targets, but not help is given to employees. I do not recommend at all to work in this company

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in career developing for employees. If you don´t they will leave as quickly as they join the company.

Good

ProsGood team, reasonable hours, prestigious clients

ConsSalary a little low compared to sector

Analyst in BVD

Analyst (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsGreat culture here. Colleagues are all very friendly here and helpful. Team Leaders also care abou the fellow teammates a lot. Work and life balance.

ConsWork can be repetitive here. Not much challenges after long time working here.

Worked for Bureau Van Dijk Electronic Publishing? Contribute to the Community!