Burger King

www.burgerking.com

Burger King Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Daniel Schwartz

Pros
  • Get paid weekly, 50% discount on lunch and sometimes get to bring home free food(in 37 reviews)

• Only fast paced during rush hour(Around the corner from a McDonald's)(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • no work-life balance, extreme amount of work due to lack of people(in 14 reviews)

• Long hours, no offices, no sense of being a part of something bigger(in 23 reviews)

Decent

Cook (Current Employee)

ProsManagers can give you free food, easy work, can just hangout when it's slow.

ConsPay, Money, Cash, Scrilla, Salary

Advice to Senior ManagementPay better.

Nice Job!

Cashier (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood training, good benefits, good food! Great Management team, great coworkers.

ConsNeed to update their Blackwood, New Jersey location to compete with the newer style franchise showing up in the area. The interstate is near by and would generate a good return on their investment, specifically

Advice to Senior ManagementMinimum Wage

Burger king was a good first job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosyou learn a lot about working

Consits a pretty gross and demanding job at times

Advice to Senior Managementnone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Experience when you are young. and need some customer service experience

Prosthe only pro at burger king is the experience.

Consof course the pay

Working for Burger King is tolerable.

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsEvery location is different. So your experience will vary. The work is generally pretty easy. Most managers let you eat for free or at least get a big discount on food. Flexible hours. Build teamwork skills.

ConsThe pay is terrible. You will live pay check to pay check. Working with managers that you don't like can make your day bad. Your on your feet all day and I'm always experiencing bad foot pain. Your always sweating from being in the kitchen. It's hard work and your gonna be tired at the end of the day

Easy Money

Cashier (Current Employee) Saint Joseph, MO

ProsAs an overnight cashier with one of the local 24-hour restaurants, I am earning easy money for very little necessary input. I interact with the customers taking orders and giving out product and then spend my downtime doing some cleaning, stocking, and prepping for the next shift.

ConsIrresponsible Management at my restaurant leads to problems with scheduling and inventory stocking. The store manager pushes the responsibilities off to the shift leaders to put together the weekly schedules and with so many individuals inputting and adjusting information, the schedule has a tendency to not get out until the first day or after of the new work week. As someone who needs to schedule for babysitters, this is not an ideal situation. Also, inventory is not efficiently tracked and ordered so some weeks we run out of things because someone just didn't know that an item was needed so they didn't order more of that product at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to take more responsibility for their positions. Tossing around responsibilities and not handling the job like they should (shift schedules delayed until after new work week starts....) has a negative effect on everyone in the workplace.

Flexible

Cashier (Former Employee) Exeter, CA

ProsThey offer flexible schedule; great for students. Always busy time goes by quickly, lenient. Work hard get raise quickly

ConsThey pay is low , there is too much drama. Feels like high school again.

Easy place to work, and pay is acceptable for work done. Don't expect to have a mentally stimulating job though.

Team Mamber (Current Employee) Summersville, WV

ProsEmployees can be fun, job is simple, possibilities for raises and promotions.

ConsRepetitive and monotonous at times

Nice experience for a first job to get you prepared to talking to strangers In a friendly manner.

Cashier (Current Employee) Oxnard, CA

ProsFriendly managers and coworkers make working fun.

ConsMinimal employees with not enough pay as to what the work that is put into.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay should be revised and offer raises with the more time the employee is there.

Worked teenage years

Team Leader (Former Employee) Blythe, CA

ProsFood is good! People I worked with nice and friendly! Fast paced and a good company!

ConsNo perks! Pay sucks! Some customers are very rude!

Worked for Burger King? Contribute to the Community!