Burger King
www.burgerking.com Miami, FL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Burger King Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Daniel Schwartz

Pros:
  • "You get Free food some people are nice, and its a nice environment to work at"
    in 33 reviews
  • "Flexible hours and they will work with you with you on your availablitlty"
    in 21 reviews
Cons:
  • "no work-life balance, extreme amount of work due to lack of people"
    in 14 reviews
  • "Slaved you for 8 hours at minimum wage"
    in 21 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great company to work for

Shift Manager (Current Employee)

ProsWorking with the crew and employees. The general manager is great to work with. The shifts are easy to work into your daily schedule.

ConsThe pay is not as high as you would expect. Having patience with customers is a must! Getting upstairs management to listen to ideas is difficult.

Eh

ProsThere aren't any pros here

ConsLow pay, rude customers, awful mgmt

Advice to Senior ManagementGive people more hours

Shift Manager

Fast Food Shift Manager (Current Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

ProsClosing manager and I'm a night person

ConsInconsistent pay raises through the year

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I had a great experience working for BK. I learned a lot about the business and advanced to management.

Shift Manager (Former Employee)
    Decatur, GA

ProsGreat promotion opportunity. Had the chance to work with many people who were willing to go that extra mile to satisfy customers.

ConsBetter training is an issue. There were some who were just not willing to be the best at their jobs. Some management were not actually trained well.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter hours and scheduling needs were not met for crew members.

Toms King of Burger King is a horrible place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWhen managers stop yelling at you.
    And I don't mean if you're doing something wrong I just mean in general and I don't mean the manager about you I mean your store and your district managers. They have no respect for you as a person!

ConsYou may have to work a 12 hour shift and not receive a break for eight hours and then be asked to work off the clock so you don't hit overtime.
    Employees are paid minimum required by law with no raises and no chance of a raise regardless of if you've been there a day or 10 years. managers are worked an average of 55 hours a week but only get paid for 40 hours and do not receive Breaks that are required by law. labor laws and health codes are broken constantly. And the owner knows about it
    But won't pay for the necessary supplies to correct these issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementI've known plenty of people who have worked for your company and all of them leave with only bad things to say. One day you'll stop yelling to realize all of your employees have quit.

Adequate

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible hours, friendly employees, employee discount on food and beverages, meet a lot of very, very interesting people, reliable and on-time payment

ConsIt is adequate. The compensation is minimal at best, management hold near total control of scheduling and postings. Saw friends fired for disagreements w/ management

Advice to Senior ManagementBe kinder to your employees; they are people just like you and me who are simply trying to make some money for themselves and / or their family. Pay them a living wage, not the minimum legal amount

It's a job.

Port Charlotte, FL

ProsPays a little over minimum wage. I make $8.25. I hate fast food but it's a paycheck.

ConsMy hours, that were already limited, were cut in order for them to train another employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is difficult to pay bills when you are sent home early after working for only an hour, so please consider not sending staff home early.

BK corporate was great to work for, BK franchisee's not so great to work for.

Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee)
    Dover, NH

ProsPay is with in the average industry range, great if you like to work with people and have different challenges every day.

ConsOwners are very cheap, do not spend a lot of money on repairs, pay the help very little. Managers are treated like property and not people and are told specifically that they are expendable no matter what.

Advice to Senior Managementsome appreciation for your people would be a good start.

Horrible, but a good place to learn customer service. You gotta start somewhere

Prosnothing. But like I said you gotta start somewhew

just a mess overall

constant changes...

Manager (Current Employee)
    Miami, FL

ProsA little higher pay than peers

ConsExpect much longer working hours..

Advice to Senior ManagementLack of thorough researches and understanding of the business, led to occasional u turn of policies and directions. High staff turnover.

Worked for Burger King? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Burger King reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Burger King CEO Daniel Schwartz. All 573 reviews posted anonymously by Burger King employees.