Burger King

www.burgerking.com

Burger King Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Daniel Schwartz

Pros
  • Get paid weekly, 50% discount on lunch and sometimes get to bring home free food(in 37 reviews)

• Only fast paced during rush hour(Around the corner from a McDonald's)(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • no work-life balance, extreme amount of work due to lack of people(in 14 reviews)

• Long hours, no offices, no sense of being a part of something bigger(in 23 reviews)

Ok place for part time work

Cashier (Current Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsDecent working atmosphere and advancement opportunities. Lots of responsibilities and you're always on the move. Fast pace work.

ConsCan be stressful at times and coworkers/customers not always pleasant to deal with. Lastly, the hourly rate is not the best.

My experience at Burger King was Horrible.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Euclid, OH

ProsThe best thing about working here is the relationship you develop with co-workers, everything is about team work.

ConsHigher management does not care about employees at all; No raises ; slave hours; swing shifts closes late as 3 am; Does not mind ripping off employees; pays dirt wages for hard work; management 50 hours a week for barely any money break it down 10.00 an hr.; pays hourly employees minimum wage but definitely not equivalent to work load; No fulltime employees for crew level only management.

Advice to Senior ManagementReevaluate higher position holders and their practices; you need districts that lead by example instead of only caring to show up at inspections; take care of your employees instead of ripping them off with unfair wages and schedules that makes it almost impossible to have any home/work balance.

It was not the best experience.

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Washington, DC

Prosthere nothing best but being employeed

ConsThe owner has no respect for employees mistakes.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive respect

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Flexible work hours but not so rewarding work.

Kitchen Lead (Former Employee) Saint Petersburg, FL

Prosflexible work hours, great management, employee discount

Consgreasy, not challenging work, and low appreciation from customers

Advice to Senior Managementdon't hire friends, and better screening before hiring lazy team members

Eh

ProsThere aren't any pros here

ConsLow pay, rude customers, awful mgmt

Advice to Senior ManagementGive people more hours

Toms King of Burger King is a horrible place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWhen managers stop yelling at you.
    And I don't mean if you're doing something wrong I just mean in general and I don't mean the manager about you I mean your store and your district managers. They have no respect for you as a person!

ConsYou may have to work a 12 hour shift and not receive a break for eight hours and then be asked to work off the clock so you don't hit overtime.
    Employees are paid minimum required by law with no raises and no chance of a raise regardless of if you've been there a day or 10 years. managers are worked an average of 55 hours a week but only get paid for 40 hours and do not receive Breaks that are required by law. labor laws and health codes are broken constantly. And the owner knows about it
    But won't pay for the necessary supplies to correct these issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementI've known plenty of people who have worked for your company and all of them leave with only bad things to say. One day you'll stop yelling to realize all of your employees have quit.

One of those 'right place, right time' jobs

Shift Manager (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsMy store is owned by a franchise whose owners are extremely anal. Their procedures will drive you insane at first, but you'll be thankful for the madness after a while. Not only do their procedures allow you to go above and beyond basic restaurant procedures- therefore giving you an edge over other applicants- they also make work easier.

ConsVERY limited opportunities. People go years without a raise other than the annual min. wage increase. The only reason I was promoted was because I was in the right place at the right time. I was no where near as experienced as some of the other workers and I certainly didn't have enough training to be a basic cashier, let alone a shift lead. I am thankful for my promotion, but I can't say the same opportunity is available across the board. Also, the promise of a promotion is often used as a bribe to make people stay with the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementPretend to care about your employees. Pay them what they're worth and allow them to move on with life when the time comes.

Management can really mess up an experience

Cashier (Current Employee) Lincoln City, OR

ProsI like leading and making people smile

ConsWorking for no respect at little pay

Advice to Senior Managementstop playing favorites with friends and family, you lose all the quality employees that thought they made a difference ,

BK corporate was great to work for, BK franchisee's not so great to work for.

Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee) Dover, NH

ProsPay is with in the average industry range, great if you like to work with people and have different challenges every day.

ConsOwners are very cheap, do not spend a lot of money on repairs, pay the help very little. Managers are treated like property and not people and are told specifically that they are expendable no matter what.

Advice to Senior Managementsome appreciation for your people would be a good start.

Horrible, but a good place to learn customer service. You gotta start somewhere

Prosnothing. But like I said you gotta start somewhew

Consgossip
    drama
    rude customers
    rude managers
    just a mess overall

Worked for Burger King? Contribute to the Community!