Burger King

www.burgerking.com

Burger King Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Daniel Schwartz

Pros
  • Get paid weekly, 50% discount on lunch and sometimes get to bring home free food(in 37 reviews)

• Only fast paced during rush hour(Around the corner from a McDonald's)(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • no work-life balance, extreme amount of work due to lack of people(in 14 reviews)

• Long hours, no offices, no sense of being a part of something bigger(in 23 reviews)

The company does not appreciate the store workers

Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) Chaguanas (Trinidad and Tobago)

ProsYou meeting and interact with new guest everyday

ConsNo form of personal growth , HR only look after her own well being and does nothing for the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep strong Managers, for these are the people that keep the staff. Everyone in BK Trinidad is fed up of the senior management

Chef

Chef (Current Employee) Phila, PA

ProsMeat is wonderful and tasty and delectable.

ConsFries suck because of all the fried fat

Advice to Senior ManagementCook the meat all the way through

It was not the best experience.

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Washington, DC

Prosthere nothing best but being employeed

ConsThe owner has no respect for employees mistakes.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive respect

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My experience at Burger King was Horrible.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Euclid, OH

ProsThe best thing about working here is the relationship you develop with co-workers, everything is about team work.

ConsHigher management does not care about employees at all; No raises ; slave hours; swing shifts closes late as 3 am; Does not mind ripping off employees; pays dirt wages for hard work; management 50 hours a week for barely any money break it down 10.00 an hr.; pays hourly employees minimum wage but definitely not equivalent to work load; No fulltime employees for crew level only management.

Advice to Senior ManagementReevaluate higher position holders and their practices; you need districts that lead by example instead of only caring to show up at inspections; take care of your employees instead of ripping them off with unfair wages and schedules that makes it almost impossible to have any home/work balance.

Eh

ProsThere aren't any pros here

ConsLow pay, rude customers, awful mgmt

Advice to Senior ManagementGive people more hours

Toms King of Burger King is a horrible place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWhen managers stop yelling at you.
    And I don't mean if you're doing something wrong I just mean in general and I don't mean the manager about you I mean your store and your district managers. They have no respect for you as a person!

ConsYou may have to work a 12 hour shift and not receive a break for eight hours and then be asked to work off the clock so you don't hit overtime.
    Employees are paid minimum required by law with no raises and no chance of a raise regardless of if you've been there a day or 10 years. managers are worked an average of 55 hours a week but only get paid for 40 hours and do not receive Breaks that are required by law. labor laws and health codes are broken constantly. And the owner knows about it
    But won't pay for the necessary supplies to correct these issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementI've known plenty of people who have worked for your company and all of them leave with only bad things to say. One day you'll stop yelling to realize all of your employees have quit.

It's a job.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Port Charlotte, FL

ProsPays a little over minimum wage. I make $8.25. I hate fast food but it's a paycheck.

ConsMy hours, that were already limited, were cut in order for them to train another employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is difficult to pay bills when you are sent home early after working for only an hour, so please consider not sending staff home early.

Worst Job ever!

Crew Member (Current Employee) Lincoln, NE

ProsOkay food at cheep prices.

ConsDoes not treat their employees with respect. Does not give enough hours to every employee. They don't train crew members. They have customers wait 30 mins or more to have their food. Food's ready but you still have to wait a while! Manager constantly tell employees that they do a horrible job but don't do any better themselves! I would not recommend this job to anyone and if you're in the job now, get out!

Advice to Senior ManagementDo a better job working and not fire employees for your mistakes!

Burger king

Cashier (Current Employee) Riverside, CA

Proscoworkers become like family members

Consstore manager was a tyrant and treated workers like her slaves

Advice to Senior Managementleave personal problems out of work

It was how you think working at a fast ffod place would be.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Council Bluffs, IA

ProsIt paid ok and was easy.

ConsThey expected you to work til 3am and then turn around and come in at 6am.

Worked for Burger King? Contribute to the Community!