Burger King

www.burgerking.com

Burger King Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Daniel Schwartz

Pros
  • Get paid weekly, 50% discount on lunch and sometimes get to bring home free food (in 37 reviews)

• Opportunity to gain great experience in a fast paced environment (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • no work-life balance, extreme amount of work due to lack of people (in 14 reviews)

• Long hours, no offices, no sense of being a part of something bigger (in 24 reviews)

More Highlights

Easy Money

Cashier (Current Employee) Saint Joseph, MO

ProsAs an overnight cashier with one of the local 24-hour restaurants, I am earning easy money for very little necessary input. I interact with the customers taking orders and giving out product and then spend my downtime doing some cleaning, stocking, and prepping for the next shift.

ConsIrresponsible Management at my restaurant leads to problems with scheduling and inventory stocking. The store manager pushes the responsibilities off to the shift leaders to put together the weekly schedules and with so many individuals inputting and adjusting information, the schedule has a tendency to not get out until the first day or after of the new work week. As someone who needs to schedule for babysitters, this is not an ideal situation. Also, inventory is not efficiently tracked and ordered so some weeks we run out of things because someone just didn't know that an item was needed so they didn't order more of that product at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to take more responsibility for their positions. Tossing around responsibilities and not handling the job like they should (shift schedules delayed until after new work week starts....) has a negative effect on everyone in the workplace.

Flexible

Cashier (Former Employee) Exeter, CA

ProsThey offer flexible schedule; great for students. Always busy time goes by quickly, lenient. Work hard get raise quickly

ConsThey pay is low , there is too much drama. Feels like high school again.

Worked teenage years

Team Leader (Former Employee) Blythe, CA

ProsFood is good! People I worked with nice and friendly! Fast paced and a good company!

ConsNo perks! Pay sucks! Some customers are very rude!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Easy place to work, and pay is acceptable for work done. Don't expect to have a mentally stimulating job though.

Team Mamber (Current Employee) Summersville, WV

ProsEmployees can be fun, job is simple, possibilities for raises and promotions.

ConsRepetitive and monotonous at times

Nice experience for a first job to get you prepared to talking to strangers In a friendly manner.

Cashier (Current Employee) Oxnard, CA

ProsFriendly managers and coworkers make working fun.

ConsMinimal employees with not enough pay as to what the work that is put into.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay should be revised and offer raises with the more time the employee is there.

I have been there for 3 Years, in October, It's O.K. But can be better.

Porter (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsBurger King , Have very nice Employers, And staff, Well to get along with workers.

ConsWe need more pay, and hours of work, And we need benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need more meetings to discuss, our concerns.

The Franchise wheel is broke. Corporate should look beyond the smiles/smoke

Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsExcellent brand name and products.

ConsLack accountability and follow-up with training on the franchise side. Thus, high turnovers in hourly/management. The consumer receives luke warm if lucky product and service.

didnt really like it

Cashier (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

Prosits a job and i like my custmer

Conswost manger i every had

Advice to Senior Managementneed better mangers

Less Pay.

Cook (Current Employee) Jackson, MS

Prosi like working at burger king because its hands on

Consyou have to have speed and very good patient

Assistant manager

ProsThe people you work with are interesting in their own way and if you work there long enough you get a vacation.

ConsYou work hard and others get credit for it. No real growth in company.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize who are real team players and show some type of appreciation. When evaluating one person put it towards that one individual not try and put others down fall on them. Promote when it is due.

Worked for Burger King? Contribute to the Community!