Burlington Coat Factory

Burlington Coat Factory Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Burlington Coat Factory President and CEO Tom Kingsbury

Tom Kingsbury

Pros
  • yearly wage, work life balance, training for position was satisfactory, reasonable and abtainable metrics(in 7 reviews)

• Great deals offered on products sold and the employee discount for these products(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • minimum wage, but once the minimum wage went up our wages were not adjusted(in 29 reviews)

• No appropriate work/life balance - people that create their own are penalized(in 12 reviews)

fair

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) Ponce, PR

Prosgood merchandise, a good training program, good core values.

Conspoor management from corporate. bad decisions on floor plans for merchandising. and employee staffing.

Advice to Senior Managementadd employees, or machines for customer service or job duties. this adds up to loosing sales, customers, merchandise, and company??????

Manager

Assistant Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsWork life balance
    Personal growth
    Promotions
    Training
    Great atmosphere
    Values
    Benefits

ConsThey run on skeleton crew,
    not enough payroll
    Compensation
    Not appreciation from Rms
    Time off policies

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your best managers, and give credit when credit is due

ASM

ASM (Former Employee) Riverside, CA

ProsThe employee once you get to know them and understand what they canning can't do with some debris to work with. If you're with them and their fair with you.

Cons*Managers working opinion and not fat they work by promoting their friends and not the best person for the position. On this opinion they need to work you out of your job, to promote move up the person that they have in mind to move out whether not they actually have the experience to do so.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvanced and is only who you know not how well you can do the job. I feel that other management and corporate doesn't understand what the other management of the store is doing. Without people inside the stores to check with the managers are doing to other employees and other managers no one knows what's going. I personally feel strong that Burlington Coat Factory is a good company but the more eyes on the stores.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I found the management very disorganized, and the employees very rude and unmotivated.

Cashier, Layaway Runner (Former Employee) Merrillville, IN

ProsThe discounts on clothes.
    The satisfaction of customers.
    The price of clothes.
    The amount of accessible items
    The free lunches from management.

ConsPoor management
    Unqualified workers
    Awful organization
    Horrible communication

Advice to Senior ManagementFind time to deal with the important things rather than sit in the office all day talking on the phone. Your workers need leadership. Most of them have no clue what they are doing. Plus the managers don't know what they are doing either. Gain some experience.

Waist of time

ProsThe discounts
    The nice customers

ConsThere are too many bosses. No one wants to just be an employee.
    Employees who gossip, curse, and start drama are rewarded with more hours and a better relationship with the managers
    Everyone wants to be in control, but give employees no help. They just like to tell people what to do.
    I see how most employees start their employees happy, but then the work environment including the drama drains the employee, which they become grouchy.
    There is no diversity when it comes to upper management or individuals who get promotions

HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK quit after a week.

Merchandise Team Associate (Former Employee) Sarasota, FL

ProsEasy to land a job
    Pay is okay for someone without any bills
    Discount on everything
    Hours are okay depending on the time of year.

ConsHR sold the job like it would be the most funniest place to work. But really its horrible. Didn't get my schedule until a week after starting. On my first day they pretty much just threw me in the back tagging clothes, which isn't my job.
    Management doesn't have a clue what goes on since they pretty much stay in their office all day. I could have been sitting in my car my whole shift and they wouldn't even know. The staff is full of middle age people that just gossip all day and take the job way to serious.

Advice to Senior ManagementRun your company better.

First Job. It was fun because it was so unorganized.

Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsFun people, variety of customers, employee discounts, flexible hours

ConsUnorganized management, high turnover rate among employees as well as management,

My time there

Sportswear Associate (Former Employee) North Bergen, NJ

ProsThe only thing i can say my customers i adored them and they would tell me they loved me too and the discount

ConsThey demanded so much for such a little pay at first they give new employees many hours then they knock it down to 10 to 15 and when we asked for more they said they do not have anymore but they kept hiring all the time and when you get a raise after a year its only around .20 and managers favored few they should be fair if we all do something wrong all of us who do it should receive the same consequences I loved working with customers and they loved me but I had had it with that place

Advice to Senior ManagementBe fair with your employees

Poor Management

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsNot many Pro's just learned some new ideas

ConsBack stabbing co workers, forced a lot of work on the stores with no support. Pay was terrible

Met some great customers

CSA (Former Employee) Durham, NC

ProsHad a great time employed there...

Conspay not sufficient for the work put in..

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more on the hour.

Worked for Burlington Coat Factory? Contribute to the Community!