Burnett Specialists Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.5
Sue Burnett

Pros
  • As an Employee-Owned company, the benefits offered really do help retain the highest caliber of employees and motivate each of us to make a difference (in 5 reviews)

• Burnett is a great place to get started for someone who is struggling to find a full-time position right out of college (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • It's a challenging role as a Direct Hire Recruiter but any cons don't outweigh the benefits of the career (in 3 reviews)

• For me, there really were no cons, but I guess the only thing is that recruiting can be stressful, and you have to be ok having a base (in 3 reviews)

1. You First Call For Your Employment Needs!!!

Former Employee - Accounting Clerk in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Accounting Clerk in Houston, TX

I worked at Burnett Specialists

Pros

Great assignments and the best wages in the temporary market. People you can trust and they care about your needs and career goals.

Cons

None. The staff in Houston,Texas do a great job.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job you have the formula for success

Impressive Staff

Current Employee - Receptionist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Burnett Specialists (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice, friendly staff. My recruiter was very transparent in the temp agency process and set my expectations, however I wish I had more work opportunities.

Cons

Not a lot of job opportunities, occasionally would receive an assignment the day of with a hour notice. Also depending on the client may have a delay with the payroll.

Advice to Management

I really appreciate any opportunity to fully show my talents and wish there was more jobs available to land a full time job.

Jul 6, 2015Marketing Director

So glad you are on the Burnett Specialists team! Last minute client requests can be difficult to fill. We really value employees like you who are eager to work and ready to take assignments! Thanks ... More

More bad than good

I worked at Burnett Specialists

Pros

Family-owned company (technically employee-owned, but the majority of the leadership team is related)
    Paid time off policy is pretty good
    Decent first job if you're making a career change or recently graduated

Cons

Really limited growth potential, not a good place to be if you value professional development and career progression
    Management cares more about their paycheck than their employees' well-being, at the expense of consistent high turnover in some of the offices
    Leadership team clearly picks favorites
    Significant discrimination in hiring practices (EEO anyone?)

Advice to Management

Offer clearly defined career paths and use them, put your managers through training, and stop discriminating (it's illegal)

Jun 3, 2015Marketing Director

Burnett Specialists is an employee-owned company with a senior management staff of 13. We were founded in 1974 by Sue Burnett. Subsequently, Rusty Burnett and Rick Burnett joined the company. We take ... More

5. Great company, and easy to work with.

Former Employee - Dispatcher in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Dispatcher in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Burnett Specialists (Less than a year)

Pros

Placement in a position you choose, that fits your background

Cons

The video resume is absurd and uncomfortable.

May 18, 2015Marketing Director

I believe you are referring to Burnett's Staffing Inc. in Arlington, TX and not to our company. We are Burnett Specialists in Houston, Austin, El Paso and San Antonio, and Choice Specialists in ... More

6. Great Company!

I have been working at Burnett Specialists

Pros

Burnett is truly a family environment. They truly care about the wellbeing and concerns of their employees. They try their best to match you with a career that will ultimately make you happy and meet your standards. I am very impressed with the thoroughness of their procedures. I highly recommend.

Cons

None that are applicable to my experience.

7. Burnett is the Best!

Current Employee - Staffing Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Staffing Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Burnett Specialists full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture! I love my managers and my job. We place candidates quickly and we try to help them find their dream job!

Cons

I have nothing negative to say.

8. Love Burnett!

I have been working at Burnett Specialists

Pros

I love my job and the people I work with. Fantastic company that is my family away from home. I honestly look forward to work everyday.

Cons

I really enjoy my job, not really any cons. I should probably check my email a little less.

9. great company

I have been working at Burnett Specialists

Pros

The people take there time matching you with the right employer. They also place you in a timely manner.

Cons

none at all great company

Advice to Management

Great company to use if you looking to place good candidates.

# 1 Company in Every Way

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter

I have been working at Burnett Specialists

Pros

Burnett treats their staff like family! We are an employee owned company because Sue and Rusty Burnett are giving their stock in the company to their staff and long term staffing employees! Our stock is FREE! We have wonderful managers who are very long tenured. Many of our staff have been with the company for 10, 20 and even over 30 years! We have great benefits, fun company events and a recognition program for all staff members. Our president even sends each staff member a personal message on their company anniversary and we get our birthdays off! The company is very family friendly since we are also a woman owned company. We have lots of working moms here! Our company was named the number ONE company by the HBJ for Direct Hire and we are proud! We have won more awards than any other staffing or placement company I know of! I LOVE working here and wouldn't go anywhere else!

Cons

I don't think that there are any challenges;. We have great training by a full time trainer!

Advice to Management

Just keep being the wonderful management team you are!

"Family First, Business Second" - Burnett's secret to retention

Current Employee - Sales in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Houston, TX

I have been working at Burnett Specialists full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Burnett's Family First philosophy sets us apart from most organizations. The company truly beliefs in treating there employees with respect and consideration of an incredible work life balance. Since we are an ESOP - our employees become actual Owners in the company - when it comes to customer service - they clearly have "skin in the game" to make sure the customers and employees enjoy a win-win partnership. I would highly recommend the organization to anyone who appreciates a family environment surrounded by morals, values and ethics. That combination is hard to find in today business world.

Cons

Unfortunately the company has focused on Texas for the past 40 years.

RSS Feed </> Embed