Burroughs Payment Systems Reviews

Alan Howard

1. Service tech

Former Employee - Tech in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Tech in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Burroughs Payment Systems (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Na na na na na

2. Don't Do It

Pros

Great insurance, overtime, company vehicle and gas card.

Cons

Lack of communication, erratic work schedule, unrealistic demands on employees. Treat you like a robot. No work/family balance.

Advice to Management

Answer your phone when the techs call. Communicate between each other so you know what is going on.

"The blind leading 20/20 Visionaries"

Current Employee - Logistics in Elmhurst, IL
    Current Employee - Logistics in Elmhurst, IL

I have been working at Burroughs Payment Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, but expect to use your entire paycheck to pay for them.

Cons

Cares nothing about its employees or their families. Merges and mows through loyal, hard working people like tall grass.

Advice to Management

Before you merge or buy out, be sure to know what your doing before you dive into an unknown abyss. When you take care of your employees, everything falls into place and things run beautifully. Stop treating people and their families like recyclable garbage to make a buck. No wonder your company is a mess, your integrity is a complete mess.

5. Good Company

Current Employee - SLM Field Service Engineer in Montgomery, AL
    Current Employee - SLM Field Service Engineer in Montgomery, AL

I have been working at Burroughs Payment Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Corporate Credit Card to build up credit , Fuel Card , Company car , Corporate Benefits , Good Pay , Great Over time

Cons

Doesnt Promote from within , No organized territory

Advice to Management

Promote techs from within the field to manage accounts that are " HIGH PRIORITY " instead of having them call us yelling about ETA and SLA when the " MANAGER " knows nothing of the ATMS .

Hold On Tight

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Spartanburg, SC
    Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Spartanburg, SC

I have been working at Burroughs Payment Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None If there were any I wouldn't be quitting in a couple weeks.

Cons

We are going through another merger. The time we merged with a companies we ran it into the ground. Hundreds of people lost their jobs. My advice to the company we are merging with take your job experience and go to a real company one who will appreciate all of your hard work. No room for growth we do not hire within. Have a family not any more kiss them goodbye with the hours you will be expected to work.

Advice to Management

Listen to the input we the techs give you. Remember we work to live not live to work.

7. I was transferred into Burroughs from my prior company, rather than laying me off, same pay rate, similar job functions.

Current Employee - Customer Engineer in Redding, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Engineer in Redding, CA

I have been working at Burroughs Payment Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Probably a secure future for employment as they service a wide range of equipment for a variety of customers.

Cons

Little to no formal job training. Watch some online videos, if you're lucky get some OJT with a current tech, take a "certification" test & then you're "qualified" to work on equipment you've never even seen before. Local managers have a rather hands-off, "do what you want," approach to managing their technicians, rather than specific direction. At least they don't micro-manage, but a lot is left to personal choice & techs working out among themselves who does what job when.

Had a great run, glad I am out now.

Former Employee - Field Service Engineer
    Former Employee - Field Service Engineer

I worked at Burroughs Payment Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company has excellent benefits. With all the on-call requirements however, the only personal time I had was my vacation time.

Cons

Struggling company in decline, especially since buying out TRM/Solvport in 2012. There are currently three separate pay scales for Field Service Engineers, all of whom do the same type of service calls. Needless to say, this caused an enormous amount of friction between the underpaid techs, their counterparts and management. The market I was working in required me to be part of three separate on-call schedules, one of which ran 24 hours for 5 straight days. As a cost cutting measure, on-call pay was suspended for several weeks but employees were still pressured to volunteer to be on call without pay. Suspension of on-call pay caused the company to miss many of it's high-profile SLA agreements as stated by other reviews. I myself was sent on copier and ATM calls without any background or training. At one point in late 2012, employees from TRM/Solvport went without health insurance because Burroughs quit making the premium payment. In the market I worked, the TRM/Solvport techs never met their local or regional managers. Glad to get out when I did. Really sad however, was a great company with a storied past.

9. Financially struggling company with oppressive work environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI

I worked at Burroughs Payment Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dedicated and knowledgeable workforce, but lack empowerment.

Cons

Low morale, excessively long work days and deteriorating benefits

Advice to Management

CEO: Stop traveling to your home in England and stay in the office, your company is in serious trouble Executive team: Resign Lower Management: Rebel

10. Happy to be gone!

Pros

excellent Sales Director and decent benefits

Cons

Senior management has no concept of how sales in the financial industry works and yet that is the wheelhouse of this company.

Advice to Management

Hold on tight!

11. Company falling apart

I have been working at Burroughs Payment Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Middle management is holding the company together. Great service technicians from Unisys days

Cons

Leadership lacks focus and direction. Has no idea about sales and client focusing activities. Take orders or heads roll. No commitment to long term strategy if there is a strategy at all

Advice to Management

Marlin Equity should have senior management retire and move middle management to the top and give them one year to turn the business back around to the legacy it once was.

RSS Feed </> Embed