Burtch Works
www.burtchworks.com Evanston, IL 16 to 50 Employees

Burtch Works Reviews

Updated May 9, 2014

Linda Burtch

Great Start in the Business World!

Recruiter (Current Employee)
    Evanston, IL

ProsAfter a year of searching for a solid entry-level position to break into the business world, Burtch Works offered me a an amazing opportunity to start my career. Being a small company, hard work and drive are not only noticed but rewarded. I advanced extremely quickly into a more challenging and rewarding position by taking initiative and going for it.

Great company culture: Communication is open and constant. The office, while fast paced and sometimes stressful, has a comfortable and bright atmosphere. The business casual (jeans allowed) dress code makes more of a difference in my everyday work life than I even expected. Everyone from fellow recruiters to Linda, the head of the company, is always willing to give advice and help me grow as an employee. Having a full kitchen, complete with snacks and one of those Keurig coffee makers, is a great perk as well!

The location is around the corner from both the Metra and CTA and close to some great places to grab lunch (another food benefit).

Although it's a small company, pay is fair and includes full benefits and 401k matching.

ConsI don't have much bad to say; I still work for Burtch Works and am continuing to grow and enjoy my job. Things can get stressful at the extremely fast pace here, but if you're looking for a challenging position that will help you learn and build your skills, this is a great place to be.

Excellent opportunity to grow your recruiting career.

In-house Recruiter (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsHaving worked very closely with the leadership of this firm as a contract, in-house recruiter, I can attest that it is top notch. The managing director provides a great example, because not only is she charged with setting and executing the vision for this operation, she is also is a highly successful, full-time Executive Recruiter.

Company culture is highly ethical, collaborative and congenial, with plenty of experience and expertise to tap into, which is especially useful for the less tenured recruiters. For the more seasoned recruiter at a crossroads, this provides an opportunity to proactively advance your career and your earnings potential in a positive environment.

ConsThere are no real Cons that I can see, but here are some helpful facts.....Rewards are big, but only for those who are career minded recruiters. If you don't have the people skills to develop a stong network and a good amount of self motivation this is not the right fit for you. But if you've got the right stuff, it's a great place to work, with a very effective, fair-minded leader at the helm.

Burtch Works has provided me with a challenging and rewarding career step.

Associate (Current Employee)

Pros- high potential for growth and many opportunities for hard work to get noticed and rewarded
    - excellent training for entry or junior level employees, along with continual advice from senior leadership on best practices, both in an administrative and strategic manner
    - variety in every day work - never a dull moment!
    - truly collaborative work environment and positive, ethical culture

ConsNo negative experiences in particular. As a part of the recruiting business, we do go through periods of high stress, when clients are uncooperative or when there are multiple job orders to prioritize. I think there is always room for improving how to best handle stressful situations as a team.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fulfilling, rewarding place to work and the people are so supportive, a really great team!

Contract Recruiter (Current Employee)
    Evanston, IL

ProsGreat office environment, supportive management, helpful and kind coworkers. The best work/life balance I've had in my career! Truly a team environment.

ConsWhen I have to go into the office, it's far from my home.

Recruiter

Recruiter (Current Employee)
    Evanston, IL

Pros- Room for growth: I have been promoted twice since I started working at Burtch Works out of college
    - Constructive feedback: Managers are always available to talk, provide feedback on your work
    - Great culture/employee appreciation: Recruiters and associates are friendly and hard-working; excellent work-life balance and managers are understanding

ConsI haven't had any negative experiences in the two years I've worked here. You get out of this job what you put in and there's a good support system for everyone.

I live in Chicago and was a little hesitant about the commute to Evanston, but the office is conveniently located in the downtown area and very easy to get to off the Purple Line or Metra.

Great company to work for!

Executive Recruiter (Former Employee)
    Evanston, IL

ProsI worked for Burtch Works for several years, and had a very positive experience. Burtch Works is an extremely reputable, ethical, and effective analytics recruiting firm. The management really cares about maintaining a happy and positive environment for the employees. The employees are supportive, helpful, hardworking, and smart! Although recruiting is an entrepreneurial job, Burtch Works is set up in teams, so you’re able to collaborate with other recruiters. As a recruiter, I felt that I was supported and guided well, and was set up for success.

ConsI don't consider this a con, but the managers have high standards and expectations for employees who work at Burtch Works.

Produce great results if you're a client

Recruiter (Former Employee)
    Evanston, IL

ProsIf you are a client of burtch works you are likely to have a positive experience, that yields great results.

ConsThe office environment for an employee can be difficult to adjust to.

Advice to Senior ManagementAvoid being passive aggressive.

Its good company

Management is not proper

Advice to Senior ManagementIts good company
    Good environment
    Good pay scale

Worked for Burtch Works? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Burtch Works reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Burtch Works CEO Linda Burtch. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Burtch Works employees.