Burwood Group Reviews

Mark Theoharous

Consultant

Former Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Burwood Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company cares about its employees and gives everyone chances to excel. Senior management has integrity and transparency and you know a lot about what is happening within, for the most part.

Cons

Found that I had to sacrifice personal time to finish projects on more than one occasion, but also a great opportunity to learn quickly and be responsible.

Consultant

I have been working at Burwood Group full-time

Pros

Great friendly environment to work in. Helpful team that is willing to help out a fellow consultant. Everyone knows everyone, since it is a small company.

Cons

Small company problems, sometimes projects aren't planned out correctly and sometimes the company bends in favor of the client.

3. Great Growing Company

I have been working at Burwood Group

Pros

Great opportunity for Experience, Wonderful people

Cons

Slow to promote, not as many luxuries as a larger company

5. Growing company in Healthcare services

I worked at Burwood Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team on the Healthcare Vertical, people work well together; great leadership. good vision growing company. Better at selling infrastructure services. Healthcare team is very new & expanding into new territories.

Cons

Over-hired 4 senior consultants and let 2 go within 9 months of hire due to lack of clients.

Advice to Management

Better hiring & planning; get your sales force up to speed on Healthcare services.

No Regrets

I have been working at Burwood Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, great people, great clients (mostly), and the endearing omnipresence of "Burwood green" (the color). You are trusted to make the right decisions and act largely as a free agent, however, if and when you need help from management you get it, and without judgment. It's this trust that has allowed me to work on projects that perhaps I felt were, at least initially, out of my depth but, it's in those experiences that I've encountered challenges that have provided me more professional growth in a year than I had in several years with my prior firm.

Cons

Some internal processes could use improvement.

7. Opportunity, Grown and Development

I have been working at Burwood Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Personal Grown. Professional Grown. Virtual Working Environment. Great People. Excellent Clients. Opportunity to grow and develop. Company invests in their employees. Company invests in their employees long term. Wearing a large amount of hats with many responsibilities.

Cons

Salaries are smaller due to smaller company. Things might take longer to do internally.

Advice to Management

Promote your leaders. Obviously, the people who are happy want to stay. Make them great and help raise them up.

8. Great Company to Grow With!

Current Employee - CSA in Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - CSA in Peoria, IL

I have been working at Burwood Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has made every effort to give me the chance to learn about several different areas of the business. I've never been made to feel inferior if I don't know something or have little experience. Management is open and easy to work with/for. Great company culture, great attitudes company-wide.

Cons

Honestly can't think of any!

Advice to Management

Keep up the openness and great attitudes. Love how much trust is given to new employees! No micro-management here - everyone is trusted to do their job without supervision

9. A great place to learn & grow - a great place to work!

I have been working at Burwood Group full-time

Pros

Burwood does a good job at giving you the support and resources to do your job. It's a place where you can take an opportunity and run with it. How far you take it depends entirely on you, and I think it's a spectacular learning environment. A lot of great people and an overall enjoyable work experience.

Cons

Nothing I can think of. Feedback is encouraged with an open door policy so if any issue comes up it's typically taken care of rather quickly.

Advice to Management

As we continue to grow, keep investing in bringing us all together for our retreats. Nothing replaces that collaboration as we continue to move forward as a company.

Great Growing Company

I have been working at Burwood Group full-time

Pros

Burwood has many things going for it. It's a small but growing company with a group of very invested, intelligent employees - the people are what makes this company stand out. There is a good deal of flexibility and autonomy. Employees are valued as individuals rather than numbers. Great place for consultants to gain exposure to varying verticals and technologies.

Cons

Overall, not too many cons to speak of, in my opinion. Experiencing some growing pains as the 100 employee mark nears, but seems like management is on top of this.

Blockbuster. 95% of what I would want in a company

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Burwood Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many company sponsored happy hours, parties Twice yearly retreats Mangement listens to concerns, acts upon Very, very, very smart people, easily accessible Company phone, AMEX, computer Ability to work from home when appropriate

Cons

99% is not good enough; the strive for perfection causes some occassional issues on projects Continuing education is encouraged, but hard to schedule in-between paying gigs. More priority would be nice.

Advice to Management

Keep the $$$ up to keep the talent here. Continue allowing underperformers to find other employment.

RSS Feed </> Embed