Business Control Systems

Business Control Systems Reviews

Updated May 29, 2014

Bernie Francis

One of kind

Senior Recruiter (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsWhile working there the training and the attention to detail was above par. They wer the kind of company that go things done and did them right the first time

ConsLeadership was sticky and challenging

Advice to Senior ManagementSometimes if things arent broken dont try to fix it. However in this case change is good and embrace the plan you have in place. Embrace the newblood and combined with some of the old elements BCS will stay head ans shoulders over the competition

Nice working with BCS

Senior Developer (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsI have really enjoyed working with BCS for 7 years as a Consultant. They periodically meet their concultants personally and check how the things are going on. The staff at Business Control Systems is always willing to help and very friendly.

ConsIt took sometime to adjust with the payment system, but worked well later.

A visionary company

ProsWhen you see a vision for your future and it aligns with your organizations vision, that's a perfect match. I truly see great things in BCS' future and see myself here for the long haul.

ConsLittle to no bonuses offered. However, I understand the nature of our business and how bonuses are a luxury which can be compromised.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Pleased

ProsThe company is flexible and very family oriented. They are willing to work with you despite your schedule with family or personal life.

ConsCompany could be more structured.

Advice to Senior ManagementHiring experienced people to assist in the growth of your company.

Great Company To Work For!

ProsBCS is a company that thrives under all circumstances and is genuinely interested and invested in their employees' success. Their continued dedication to the business and its growth is impressive. Management creates a work environment that promotes both collaboration and autonomy to service our internal and external clients. The motto of "Service First" is paramount and part of their daily goal. Strong, involved, and supportive leadership drive the company and its employees to create an environment of "team success stories".

ConsLong work hours are an expectation from management. Job can consume much of your personal hours if you're not careful.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage employees to try to have as much work / life balance as possible.

Their corporate DNA is cient and associate first ... no ifs, ands, buts or excuses.

Dallas, TX

ProsThey are big enough to compete with larger competitors, but small enough to deliver high-touch, customer service with rapid executive involvement when needed. Compensation and benefits compete with the best.

ConsThe office social atmosphere sometimes gets in the way of the need for no-nonsense business execution.

Advice to Senior ManagementNip workflow distractions more quickly. More quickly chastise the few who need it. And at least be open to the "rare" possibility clients and field associates don't always walk on water :).

Great company overall!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI really love the people. Some could use an attitude adjustment but for the most part it is a great company and work environment.

ConsNeed better time off policies. More time off so everyone is not so stressed and burnt out and can spend time with families.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to offer more incentives or benefits for staff, especially if you've been with them longer than 3 years. Some of the people who have worked with BCS for a longer time don't have a lot of perks like other companies. They get the same benefits. I believe they have more time off, but not a lot.

I love working at BCS!

Dallas, TX

ProsI genuinely enjoy working at BCS and have learned a lot since being here. They allow you to grow and assume as much responsibility as you are willing to take on. People are great, we laugh a lot, yet work hard too!

ConsPeople are not always held accountable for reaching goals and the company does not fire people very easily, must dress professionally.

Advice to Senior ManagementLighten up on the dress code, fire mediocre people so we can really soar as a company!

A company that you can have longevity and stop the job bouncing.

ProsThe staff at Business Control Systems is always willing to help and very friendly. Everyone seems willing to pitch in wherever the need arises to get the job done. Very nice work environment.

ConsAs the economy continues to challenge everyday individuals so does it challenge each and every company, so the loss of some benefits is a challenge in itself.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot exactly sure.

Remote offices cannot handle real time issues.

Help Desk/Systems Administrative (Former Employee)
    Fort Knox, KY

ProsThe opportunity was professional in nature and had limited benefits.

ConsScheduling issues, and real time conflicts cannot be/were not addressed professionally. Inaccurate labor reports limited pay. Expected to lie about billable hours in order to maintain employment. Waiting period before benefits approved. Lack of company management at the job location.

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your employees and their concerns, don't just fire them or let them go. You lose more than you gain when you have to train new resources, not to mention taking someones livelihood for telling the truth, or expressing their concerns

Worked for Business Control Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Business Control Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Business Control Systems CEO Bernie Francis. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Business Control Systems employees.