BusinessEdge

www.businessedge.com

BusinessEdge Reviews

3.1

Shail Jain

Professional Growth and Mentoring were key factors contributing to a positive experience at BusinessEdge Solutions.

Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst  in  East Brunswick, NJ
    Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in East Brunswick, NJ

I worked at BusinessEdge

Pros

- Career Growth
    - Training Opportunities
    - Very competent management
    - A very professional organization
    - Excellent Performance Management Techniques

Cons

- Post-employment assistance for alumni
    - Could improve on Disaster-Recovery competency
    - Could improve upon team-building activities
    - Training budgets per employee were a bit on the low-side

- Encourage EMC to offer support for alumni
    - Engender employee-loyalty and you will reap benefits
    - Value your investments in infrastructure

Interesting...

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at BusinessEdge full-time for more than a year

Pros

Collegues, interesting work and contracts.

Cons

Management and Senior Management out of touch!

Get in touch

Ok position but too much travel

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at BusinessEdge

Pros

Respect from managment and flexibility from management

Cons

Too much travel, was promised that i would only travel 30-50% of the time and traveled 100% my entire time with the company

n/a

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Take a good look before you leap.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  East Brunswick, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in East Brunswick, NJ

I have been working at BusinessEdge

Pros

We get the opportunity to work locally with leading companies.

Cons

Recruiters will be dishonest with you about what they are hiring you for and future opportunities to get you in if they have need. There is very little communication from management and very little information on who your management even is. Once on the bench you do not hear anything until you have a new assignment or are let go. It is also somewhat of boys only club.

Need to make an effort to see what talent currently exists for opportunities cross the organization before letting people go and then hiring the similar at the same time.

The good, the bad and the ugly.

Former Employee - Consultant  in  East Brunswick, NJ
    Former Employee - Consultant in East Brunswick, NJ

I worked at BusinessEdge

Pros

Thinking and learning on your feet is expected and admired. The pay is above average and because of this you will network with top notch performers and thought leaders. You will find opportunity to expand your knowledge in your industry of concentration and have engagements with top companies with high expectations.

Cons

Bench anxiety is very high and there is little communication from managers. Little interest in developing employee skills unless it also happens to be billable in which case you will mostly train yourself and succeed/fail on your own. Little chance that you will be considered for engagements where your skills match but your industry experience doesn't.

Develop a product to tie your professional services to. Invest in communication strategies that reduce bench anxiety. Expect lower margins are the price of a happier employee base. Be less siloed by industry vertical.

Don't turn your back to your employees when times are rough

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  East Brunswick, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in East Brunswick, NJ

I have been working at BusinessEdge

Pros

BusinessEdge pays their employees reasonably well for the position, but not necessarily for the years of work experience. For example, Big 4 consultants at the senior consultant level averages 96,000 with 3 years experience,whereas at BusinessEdge a senior consultant is paid $115,000 with over 10 years of experience.

Cons

As great a job that you have performed in the past, it is not taken into consideration when they start layoffs during troubled times like 2008. If you are on the bench (not assigned to a project), you will be let go. Also, the loudest voice gets heard and respected, not necessarily the smartest voice.

Take care of your employees and they will take care of your clients. Don't turn your back to your employees when times are rough. It is they who helped build your company during good times. You will lose credibility, and it will spread on the Internet.

Paid well, otherwise.....

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  East Brunswick, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in East Brunswick, NJ

I worked at BusinessEdge

Pros

Pay was good for the job description. I did learn alot while I was there and given as much opportunity as I could dredge up for my self.

Cons

Cuttroat work culture. Always claimed to not be a body shop but in reality that is exactly what they seemed to be. Best way to get ahead seemed to be stepping on the throats of your collegues. Compenstation seemed uneven.

Make all your employees feel like they are valued and not just a line item on your profit sheet.

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Data Analyst  in  West Point, PA
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in West Point, PA

I have been working at BusinessEdge

Pros

Many advancement opportunities, managers are very knowledgeable, helpful, and understanding. Benefits are great! Also, they are very focused on the cutting edge, and providing the best solutions for companies. And its not a solution for the current issue, but they help move clients toward the future.

Cons

There really are no downsides to working at Businessedge.

Senior Management has been great. They work closely with employees, and listen to all suggestions. Thanks!

Bad experience with BusinessEdge

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at BusinessEdge

Pros

I really can not tell you, only that they are very sharp.

Cons

There is no reason to work for them. They have been acquired by EMC. Still they work independantly, therefore giving you the assumption that they act like a big company, which they are not. I would definitely not recommend them, they will lay you off the next day you do not have a project. The culture within the company is very harsh and have no commitment to staff. And in most cases management will not come back to you when you ask them questions. It is sad, but my experience was utterly horrible.

Be honest and sincere.

Worked for BusinessEdge? Contribute to the Community!