Butterfield Bank Reviews

Great place to work

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Butterfield Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great opportunities for career progression if you willing to fight for them. Good people at all levels and on the most part a great place to work

Cons

Some issues with communcation from senior managment. There seems to be a bit of a disconnect between them and the staff. Also, constant changes of direction make long term planning difficult

Communcate better. Involve staff in the business.

Progressive and diverse competencies were acquired.

Former Employee - IT Officer
    Former Employee - IT Officer

I worked at Butterfield Bank

Pros

Highly technical environment that presents many opportunities to learn. Can serve as an excellent open university for a recent graduate and provide a solid base.

Cons

Rigit and inflexible policies. The organization objectives is always paramount and not enough consideration is given to human resource issues.

People are the greatest resource the Bank can have and if more attention is given to people issues then it will augur well for the Bank

Chaotic

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Butterfield Bank

Pros

Good money, plenty of smart people

Cons

Chaos is pervasive within IT

Let people get on with their jobs

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't make waves at the big bank

Former Employee - Support Analyst
    Former Employee - Support Analyst

I worked at Butterfield Bank

Pros

Very well respected in the community and good stepping stone. I loved the social and community involvement they offered and it was great networking with people in other departments. I did get a thrill seeing them again and again in the local media and being part of the group.

Cons

Some mgt almost seemed threatened if you showed competence or an ability to get things done faster and better. My grievance was with specific people who had authority over me and things had to be their way or the highway. I did get some smug satisfaction seeing them put out a few months later, but I'm too proud to go back for now.

More understanding and openess to Gen Y and reviewing some processes to streamline them instead of holding onto redundant and unnecessary steps.

On a downward spiral

I worked at Butterfield Bank full-time

Pros

good work life balance, completive compensation, benefits and vacation. Jurisdictions, and solid market share and client base.

Cons

Butterfield is in a downward spiral and seems to have lost vision and focus of the future. What was once a great growing regional bank has morphed into a company grasping to survive the tail end of the recent financial crisis. Employee moral continues to plummet as they continue to cut costs primarily through lay-offs and forced attrition.

Get a clue!

Worked for Butterfield Bank? Contribute to the Community!