Butterfly Effects

Updated May 3, 2014

3.7

CEO

Great opportunity!

Pros

Great group of owners, clinicians, executives and staff that have the same common goal of
    making sure employees feel supported and appreciated and great services to families.

Cons

Mainly a field based group so one must be confident and independent. More support has been put in place over the last year and a half to help with some of the distance issues.

Keep promoting people from within and focus on recruiting the right fit for the role from the beginning. Those that seem to not work out were never meant for the role to start with and could have been filtered out before hiring.

Pretty Good So Far...

Pros

Overall, good company to start out with.

Cons

The pay should be higher for the tutors

More training for the tutors and more time with the families

My experience with this company could be better.

Pros

The kids are wonderful to work with and you end up building a relationship with the kids and families

Cons

Many times clients cancel without notice and you drive to their homes really for nothing. They say that you can get more hours but they don't stay true to their words.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor excuse for a company who claims to provide quality intensive ABA services to children.

Former Employee - Behavior Analyst
    Former Employee - Behavior Analyst

Pros

If you are looking for a job providing ABA services to children diagnosed with autism and have little to no experience this is the place for you.

Cons

Management is focused on the bottom line. The majority of sales people in the main office are motivated by the almighty dollar. This company lacks the integrity and clinical oversight to effectively service their clients. During the recruiting process many families do not ask questions and assume this company is providing quality ABA services.
    The cases presented to me were a mess and my immediate supervisor was absolutely useless. When I presented various scenarios regarding clients she failed to provide any constructive feedback or ideas. I could not help but question her clinical judgement and experience. My weekly supervision meeting consisted of her asking How is it going? with no support to address the issues.
    Client's programs lacked proper clinical development and implementation procedures. There are no quality control procedures in place. Staff is not effectively trained in ABA methods. The majority of cases I received lacked any form of valid or reliable data collection. When I questioned staff about this they said they had no idea and/or referred me to management. Management apparently didn't have a clue. They were too busy counting their money. What data are these people providing to the insurance companies in order to complete their reports? Do you see where I'm going with all of this?
    Every company who claims to provide ABA services should be audited randomly every 6 months. If you're doing the right thing you don't have to panic (I've witnessed this) to ensure everything meets quality assurance/fidelity procedures.
    I consider this type of service behavior respite and/or babysitting.Butterly Effects makes a significant amount of money claiming to provide intensive ABA services to children diagnosed with autism and other developmental disorders. This is simply not the case.
    I noted the outlook for this company will remain the same unless someone decides to do something and change it.

Hire professionally trained clinicians to manage your company. Your management team consists of sales people who recruit clients but have minimal experience working with the population you serve. We all understand a business has to profit but this should not impact the quality of services you provide to children and their families. You claim to be one of the top ABA service providers but fail to disclose any evidence to support this. Take some of the money you used to decorate your new headquarters and redistribute it to your employees.

Very Professional

Current Employee - ABA Tutor
    Current Employee - ABA Tutor

Pros

Great training, very professional, great support from supervisors

Cons

Difficult to get enough hours if you have a limited schedule.

Great job

Former Employee - ABA Academic Tutor  in  Warner Robins, GA
    Former Employee - ABA Academic Tutor in Warner Robins, GA

Pros

Great atmosphere and great co-workers

Cons

No definied path for career growth

Overall a great opportunity to learn and grow as a behavior analyst

Former Employee - Behavior Analyst  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Behavior Analyst in Tampa, FL

Pros

Ability to manage your own schedule
    Great clients
    Lots of available resources (materials)
    Opportunity to travel

Cons

Sometimes not many clients are available to obtain a full caseload
    Not much support from seniors

Worked for Butterfly Effects? Contribute to the Community!