Buy For Less

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Hank Binkowski

Courtesy Clerk / Cashier

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice co workers and asst. managers, awesome scheduling I could ask for any day off and i would get it, good pay for a grocery store. I worked at Uptown Grocery Co a substore of BFL, this is the place to work. It is the nicest grocery store in Edmond and I still shop there to this day. Interact with customers.

ConsCleaning the bathrooms sometimes, if your a cashier it gets mundane to have to stand there all day. You have to make it positive with your outlook or else it is going to be a boring job for you. Cant receive tips when carrying out groceries for people.

Current Employee-2013

ProsAccepting a position at Buy For Le$$ has been an amazing and life changing experience for myself and my career. In a short time, this company has invested more in me through leadership training, faith based encouragement, and constant motivation than any other company I have worked for. Career progression is not only supported company wide, employees are continually provided with tools to help achieve continued success. Starting pay for positions is usually higher than national average, benefits are affordable, and employees cultivate a real "family" environment. However, along with the perks, employees are held accountable and expected to perform as necessary in their positions. Constructive feedback is requested. Employees who show up on time, work when scheduled, and care about their jobs and the company are rewarded.

ConsNone-All of my experiences have been positive. I think the leadership of the company is heading in a very positive direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to seek feedback and input from ground floor employees. Never stop holding employees accountable for their actions or performance.

I like working for Buy for Less and will probably retire from here.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsThe owner is very caring and takes time to go into the stores and meet his employees...He has known me by name since my first month at Buy for Less. Not everyday you find an owner like that.
    Also I am a single mom and they try their best to help me out with my schedule.

ConsWe are in the grocery business so, of course, except for Christmas we are open every day of the year.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust keep talking to employees and getting their input.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place!

Assistant Store Director (Current Employee) Warr Acres, OK

ProsBuy for less is a fantastic place to work at, ive been working here for a little over 10 years and have had a blast. Bfl offers great benefits; retirement plans, insurence, 401k. They have created a positive and culturally diverse and rich atmosphere. My job is fast paced and challenging abd always keeps me on my toes. Im glad i love a good challenge :D

Consnone, my time here has been positive

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Fast paced and Demanding

Co Director (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsGood pay and additional training plus benefits

ConsDoes not pay females the same as men

Buy For Less HR Director responded to this review

Dec 19, 2013

Thank you for your feedback; we care very much. We just completed an analysis of pay (using only experience and results by position) and found no disparity in pay; in fact, there are some positions ... More

Worked for Buy For Less? Contribute to the Community!