Buy For Less Reviews

1. Working for BFL

Current Employee - Assistant Store Director
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Director

I have been working at Buy For Less

Pros

2 weeks paid vacation starting off, profit sharing plan with 401k, company pays for long term and short term disability, and life insurance.

Cons

55hr work week, only two holidays

2. It's a great company

I worked at Buy For Less

Pros

Great schedule flexibility, the managers and coworkers are great people. The work environment is great and very welcoming to both employees and customers.

Cons

You must be good with money in order to work here if you decide to be cashier. When it comes to going home things are not always great.

Great work from store manager considerate, comprehensive, willing to work with you.

3. Courtesy Clerk / Cashier

I worked at Buy For Less part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nice co workers and asst. managers, awesome scheduling I could ask for any day off and i would get it, good pay for a grocery store. I worked at Uptown Grocery Co a substore of BFL, this is the place to work. It is the nicest grocery store in Edmond and I still shop there to this day. Interact with customers.

Cons

Cleaning the bathrooms sometimes, if your a cashier it gets mundane to have to stand there all day. You have to make it positive with your outlook or else it is going to be a boring job for you. Cant receive tips when carrying out groceries for people.

5. Current Employee-2013

I have been working at Buy For Less full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Accepting a position at Buy For Le$$ has been an amazing and life changing experience for myself and my career. In a short time, this company has invested more in me through leadership training, faith based encouragement, and constant motivation than any other company I have worked for. Career progression is not only supported company wide, employees are continually provided with tools to help achieve continued success. Starting pay for positions is usually higher than national average, benefits are affordable, and employees cultivate a real "family" environment. However, along with the perks, employees are held accountable and expected to perform as necessary in their positions. Constructive feedback is requested. Employees who show up on time, work when scheduled, and care about their jobs and the company are rewarded.

Cons

None-All of my experiences have been positive. I think the leadership of the company is heading in a very positive direction.

Continue to seek feedback and input from ground floor employees. Never stop holding employees accountable for their actions or performance.

6. Great place!

Current Employee - Assistant Store Director in Warr Acres, OK
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Director in Warr Acres, OK

I have been working at Buy For Less full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Buy for less is a fantastic place to work at, ive been working here for a little over 10 years and have had a blast. Bfl offers great benefits; retirement plans, insurence, 401k. They have created a positive and culturally diverse and rich atmosphere. My job is fast paced and challenging abd always keeps me on my toes. Im glad i love a good challenge :D

Cons

none, my time here has been positive

Keep up the good work

I like working for Buy for Less and will probably retire from here.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Buy For Less full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The owner is very caring and takes time to go into the stores and meet his employees...He has known me by name since my first month at Buy for Less. Not everyday you find an owner like that.
    Also I am a single mom and they try their best to help me out with my schedule.

Cons

We are in the grocery business so, of course, except for Christmas we are open every day of the year.

Just keep talking to employees and getting their input.

8. Fast paced and Demanding

Former Employee - Co Director in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Co Director in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Buy For Less full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good pay and additional training plus benefits

Cons

Does not pay females the same as men

Buy For Less Response

Dec 19, 2013HR Director

Thank you for your feedback; we care very much. We just completed an analysis of pay (using only experience and results by position) and found no disparity in pay; in fact, there are some positions ... More