BuyerZone.com Reviews

Reset
4.1
BuyerZone.com General Manager Aaron Bailey
Aaron Bailey

1. Great work life balance.

I worked at BuyerZone.com

Pros

The people make this company. Great office culture.

Cons

compensation could be a little more.

2. This is a great place to work. Great culture, fun. A typical work hard, play hard kind of place.

I have been working at BuyerZone.com full-time

Pros

Fun culture. Good solid management. Very profitable and growing.

Cons

It's in Waltham and I would prefer a more urban setting to work...but to each his own.

3. Solid

I worked at BuyerZone.com full-time

Pros

Great staff (made quite a few friends along the way), good work-life balance, fun start-up feel, and positive energy. Overall a nice experience. Company outings were always a blast.

Cons

Could have a higher compensation, but otherwise I dont have any complaints.

Advice to Management

I dont have any advice at this time.

5. Satisfied

I have been working at BuyerZone.com full-time

Pros

The working environment and people here are both terrific. Everyone is friendly, helpful and working towards the same goal. Fun place to be, and management looks to reward and recognize talent.
    People are happy. You are given a good deal of responsibility, there is enough structure in place and management wants to invest in you and your talent. There are plenty of opportunities to learn.
    What BuyerZone is doing serves a specific need in the B2B space, and they're good at it, so they will continue to be around.

Cons

There isn't a lot of upward mobility. Promotions are few and far between, so if you're looking to climb ladders or for a fancy title, look elsewhere.
    Technology-wise, they could be more forward thinking.
    HR and IT are offsite, which can complicate things at times.

Advice to Management

You guys are doing a pretty great job. The only true threat I see is how the parent company chooses to manage BZ in the future. It is somewhat unknown...

Amazing teams and culture. Highly recommend.

I have been working at BuyerZone.com full-time

Pros

The majority of the company is energetic, passionate, creative thinking, and open-minded to new ideas. Overall, amazing place.

Cons

The departments that make up BuyerZone are really close and tight-knit, which is amazing. However, there is a sense of clique-ishness that has crept into the culture.

7. National Sales Manager

Current Employee - National Sales Manager in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - National Sales Manager in Waltham, MA

I have been working at BuyerZone.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, fun team enviroment, generous comp, mgmt recognizes and appreciates your efforts

Cons

No complaints, great team, no egos!

Advice to Management

Happy with my experience, no advice, all is well

Great environment and team, poor execution

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I worked at BuyerZone.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team, company events. Mgmt tries to keep open door policy.

Cons

too difficult to move upwards or in another team. Long term career prospects weak

Advice to Management

great job on keeping the startup vibe but create more cross functional team interactions as well

Great culture

I have been working at BuyerZone.com full-time

Pros

Great people
    Good communication from upper management
    Decent workload
    Great PTO time

Cons

Pay isn't great
    Not as much as structure as I would prefer personally

Advice to Management

None

I loved working at BuyerZone

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at BuyerZone.com

Pros

I worked at BuyerZone for three and a half years before having to relocate to a different part of the country because of a family issues. My summary:

*Great, creative, fun team* - what happens when you put a bunch of smart, funny, talented people together in the same office space? A lot of great things.

*Leading edge marketing* - the team I worked on did marketing reporting, analysis and projects that no other company I worked for even came close to. BuyerZone is a leading search engine marketing powerhouse, with innovative approaches to managing a few super huge paid search accounts. As well, it is a leader in search engine optimization best practices. I learned ten-times more about online marketing here than at any job I had prior to BuyerZone.

*Communication, communication, communication* - a very open community where teams are encouraged to emphasized communication between departments and senior management communicates everything of importance about the company.

*Reed Business Information (RBI)* - I experienced both BuyerZone as an independent company as well as a couple of years under RBI. Although we very much enjoyed the excitement of being an independent dot com, the additional growth opportunities and "insurance" of being a part of a larger organization were a welcome addition. Since RBI is primarily in England, BuyerZone still feels very much independent. Joining RBI, however, provided a lot more technical, legal and financial resources, as well as a bunch of opportunities to work with sister companies in the US and abroad. It was a very exciting change.

Cons

BuyerZone, like every other company in the US, has had to deal with a troubling domestic economic climate over the past few years. Because our livelihood depended intricately on the livelihood of thousands of other US businesses, the worst economic times were even more stressful. Fortunately, great customer service plus real value delivered plus made this navigation easier.

Advice to Management

Encourage more formal job-sharing or cross company consulting and travel within the Reed Business Information network. Encourage the RBI senior management to do the same at the other companies.

Smart leadership + valued product + great culture = best job I've had

I worked at BuyerZone.com

Pros

BuyerZone.com is a highly successful, yet under-the-radar player in the greater-Boston tech community. Because it's not a high-profile consumer-oriented destination site, but instead a valuable service provider to other businesses it unfortunately misses out on much of the local tech media attention.

I worked at BuyerZone for more than five years and most enjoyed how much our thousands of real, paying business clients valued our business. We were able to make other business more successful with our hard work, which is indescribably satisfying and motivating.

As well, the company culture and people were absolutely outstanding. The leadership was and still is smart and creative, the team is talented and fun and the overall atmosphere is enjoyable, open and "Internet-y." :-)

Because of the relatively small, but incredibly open, BuyerZonee team I was able to learn a ton about general management, basic business finance, web development, web marketing, search engine optimization and sales processes. Compared to other, more compartmentalized jobs, working at BuyerZone was like a hands-on, MBA plus tech education.

I really loved it, and greatly value the friends, business and tech skills I acquired during my time there.

Cons

While I was there, there was very little turnover. Because of the lack of turnover in the middle and at the top, it was a little harder to advance quickly through the ranks. I'm not sure if this is still the case, but I suspect that since BuyerZone is now a part of a large global operation, there must be many more opportunities for sideways, upwards and diagonal growth :-)

Advice to Management

Get BuyerZone in the local press! It deserves it at least as much at the next local check-in site with no revenue!

RSS Feed </> Embed