BuzzBuzzHome

www.buzzbuzzhome.com

BuzzBuzzHome Reviews

3.8

CEO

Phenomenal place to work with amazing people.

Current Employee - Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at BuzzBuzzHome full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Smart and creative people, ability to move up fast within the company, raises every 3 months, caring management, lots of attention to company culture, exciting company mission.

Cons

Company is growing quickly which has created a bit of a disconnect between some individuals and teams.

Continue trying to be more open and transparent with the company as a whole - greater communication. Overall though incredible job!

Apr 28, 2014President / Co-Founder

Thank you for the review and the feedback.

We could not agree more that transparency and communication are extremely important within the organization, and this is something that we are always
    ... More

Could not disagree more with the preview review. This is a great company to work for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at BuzzBuzzHome full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I just want to respond to that nasty review:

BuzzBuzzHome is a great place to work with a vibrant workspace and a highly creative/fun team.

There are about 30 employees in the Toronto office who work in teams - design, engineering, data analysts, sales, etc...we all work in a huge, well-lit, highly collaborative office in the heart of the entertainment district in downtown Toronto. The staff work in the same room as the execs and there is a high degree of communication between everyone.

There is no secretary here - Most of that duty is taken on by a couple people but if one of the cordless phones is on your desk and it rings then you should answer it and direct the call, regardless of whether your an engineer or the office accountant. It's not that tough.

With regard to the micro-managing point - that really isn't true at all. The office is highly collaborative and execs will sometimes call you over to convey an idea to you directly - This isn't meant to bypass the chain of command but instead is a way to make everyone feel comfortable with directly approaching the execs with ideas/issues/concerns - they are a very cool group of people and will work with you to help you achieve company goals.

Yes - we do have COD at the office - if you feel like taking a break from the grind you can play a couple rounds - sometimes the execs will play with you - this is a great way to foster the type of relationships that make this company really fun to work for. The execs maybe play a few times per week and trust me, they started this company and work harder than anyone here. I don't know what that person means by low morale and highly nepotistic - morale here is high, people are alway friendly and approachable and it's a really fun place to work - Nepotistic? - I think there is one staff member here out of 30ish in this office who is related to one of the owners - what company do you know of that has never had a relative working among the staff?

The rest of what that nasty review says is also not true - facilities are more than adequate and yes, we all enjoy free snacks, drinks, and fun places to hang. The outlook of the company is great and they see constant growth per month. Great place to work, Great opportunity for growth - as long as you're a creative, hard-working team player then this is definitely worth checking out.

Cons

I can't really think of any cons. If there was an issue I would approach the execs to discuss it. The company is always evolving and is super transparent so people are encouraged to share their ideas.

Great place to begin (or continue!) your career.

I have been working at BuzzBuzzHome full-time

Pros

Overall, it's a supportive environment where you really get to see the results of your work. A few points:

1. They do reviews on a quarterly basis so you receive constant feedback and you're rewarded for the work you do.
    2. The people are great. They hire with a strong emphasis on culture fit, so everyone you run into in the kitchen is bound to be pretty awesome.
    3. You're able to take on challenging projects that sometimes go beyond the scope of your role, allowing you to consistently add new things to your roster of skills.
    4. It's fun! People have a good time and regularly stay late to just hang out in the office.

Cons

1. Expensive parking near the Toronto office.

Keep it up!

Apr 25, 2014President / Co-Founder

Thanks for taking the time to describe your experience at BuzzBuzzHome!

This review put a smile on my face, especially the parts about it being fun, people hanging out in the office, and about
    ... More

Fun culture with a great work life balance

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at BuzzBuzzHome full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company is fun and relaxed, as long as you get your job done.

The people are passionate about what they are working on, and how they are changing real-estate, without being over-driven.

Because it is a small company, I feel that I have an impact and my voice is heard by management.

There office always has yummy snacks, fun events and lots to drink after 5pm.

Cons

It is a small to medium sized company, so some people are able to fast track their jobs while others can get "stuck" in the same place for a long time. This is not the end of the world, because there are pretty big raises every quarter, and you are always working on a bunch of new cool stuff.

Build multiple telephone rooms.

Apr 25, 2014President / Co-Founder

Thanks for the comments, and our team is definitely passionate about what we do!

You are correct: we are a rapidly growing company, and with that comes quick change for some individuals. We try to
    ... More

No values, leadership, class, or success, other than that a great company

I worked at BuzzBuzzHome full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits and vacation time was nothing short of exceptional
    The team building exercises were unorthodox but showed a step in the right direction

Cons

The company is ego driven in a niche market, however the fact that it's a niche (only pre construction condos) they're having a difficult time.
    I have never worked in a place where morale is low, the management has failed in all aspects of creating a successful business.
     Vacation time is not paid out and they expect employees to work upwards of 11 hours a day without vacation time being payed or overtime being payed.
    Egos drive management, titles are misleading and the culture is nothing short of pretentious.

The turnover rate is unbelievably high, they also have a terrible reputation in the industry, no place to move up

They work better, smarter, and more efficient when not working under your management.

May 8, 2014President / Co-Founder

Ouch. There are a lot of inaccuracies in this review, which is very concerning.

We encourage all employees to take their vacation time as we feel it leads to a better work-life balance and
    ... More

It made me appreciate every other job I've had

I worked at BuzzBuzzHome full-time

Pros

The place offers a great health/dental plan. I've never seen my dentist so regularly.
    They also manage to hire some very talented people.

Cons

The biggest con I can mention is that this list is going to be much longer than the 'pros'.
    Projects are poorly managed: a high level idea will exist, but a full set of specs and requirements won't be completed until your project is already late, and then you will have to try to explain why your project is late.
    You will also be expected to pick up additional projects outside the scope of (and in addition to) what you were initially hired to do. (example: secretarial duties). Failure to do so will reflect poorly during your reviews.
    You will be micro-managed by the executive team, no matter what level of employee you are. Executives go to great lengths to completely bypass the team managers that they've hired and appointed, subverting the authority of the managers and taking any faith away in the chain of command.
    As hard as you're working, you'll notice certain executives are just playing call of duty and watching youtube videos all day.
    Office morale is low since the company itself has a higher turnover number than its size can support. The working environment is highly nepotistic.
    Job postings themselves are a mishmash of buzzwords. Also, any company that has to list 'snacks', 'casual dress code', and 'paid public holidays' as 'perks' should raise some sort of red flag.
    A large number of employees have staked out neighboring cafes and public restrooms, since the ones located in the office are grossly inadequate. There was even a chart once to make sure that no two people were using the same public facility.

Take more frequent visits to satellite offices

Apr 24, 2014President / Co-Founder

Thank your for your feedback.

I am sorry to hear about your experience at BuzzBuzzHome; it is disappointing to hear, and I do not think it is a representative experience or the morale of most