Buzzi Unicem USA

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dave Nepereny

Could be better...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompany has excellent medical and retirement benefits.

ConsCompany has no consistency in any area. Communication is almost non-existent from top to bottom. Managers receive virtually no training on how to manage.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake annual company goals known to everyone. Create consistent and effective communication and provide that more than once per year. Provide annual training to managers and supervisors from the senior management to line managers.

Paying of Bonuses percentage very seldom payed as stated in signing agreement. They are better cement companies to work

Manager (Current Employee) Bethlehem, PA

ProsThe relocation package is fair
    Management position in recession has been safe as far

ConsDiscussions with HR is not followed thru At plants
    Poor plant HR
    Plant HR poor backing to manager

Advice to Senior ManagementPay the bonuses HR to back managers more than is done
    CORPORATE GETTING MORE INVOLVED IN PLANT HR SITUATION

The Buzzi Company ladder only has one rung.

Terminal Attendant (Current Employee)

ProsThe company provides respectable business hours. My coworkers are generally pleasant to be around, as well as the other couple of employees from other terminals/plants that I've met. If you can manage to get benefits, the holiday schedule is fair. If you somehow make it to a managerial role, you're pretty set, assuming you're not looking for a salary comparable to a similarly sized corporation.

ConsPromotions, lateral movements, and opportunities in general are basically non-existent. Management will mention promotions/moves on a fairly regular basis, but none have ever materialized. Raises are minuscule, if received at all. After well over 5 years of work I've amassed 2 very quaint raises, despite receiving very high marks on my employee evaluations. Maybe in 5 more years I'll surpass the 30k a year mark. Hard work does not equal success within this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo more hiring from within the company. There are plenty of people within the organization that have college degrees as well as experience to avoid bringing in 'outsiders'. Also, keep a better eye out on terminal managers, there are several managers 'gaming' the system. If it were my name on the company sign, I wouldn't tolerate a lot of the behavior and traits that I've witnessed working for this company.

Worked for Buzzi Unicem USA? Contribute to the Community!