Bydesign Technologies

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jeff Ayscue

Very fast growing company

Customer Service (Current Employee)
Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bydesign Technologies full-time for more than a year

ProsThis company is growing and has done amazing things. They take care of their staff and do special events.

ConsIt is fast paced and sometimes you get pulled in different directions

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep aiming high

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth......

Software Developer (Former Employee)

I worked at Bydesign Technologies full-time for more than a year

ProsThe people were nice and some very talented. Work/life balance was not too bad and the company did like to do outings/events (although it usually involved employees paying for some portion of the event). My immediate manager was awesome - a real professional. You get three monitors.

ConsWhere do I start. The company has no idea how to run a business. Every week (no joke) they are changing some process or re-organizing their internal structure. You have to track every minute of your time as management reviews your entries and will ask questions if you take too much time on a ticket. They monitor your phone, IM and emails. The entire senior management philosophy is built on mis-trust, disrespect and undermining of the middle managers. One Director has been there 9 years and is despised by EVERY employee but is still a Director. The other director is only out for himself and will throw any of his subordinates under the bus. If the owner had one ounce of good leadership skills he would rectify that situation.

The technology is archaic - a lof of classic ASP. No effort to re-invest and innovate but to put band-aids on their existing code. Every week there are about 100 new defects that come through support. Absolutely no emphasis on quality - its all about how fast can you turn it around. They gouge clients and nickle and dime them to death. They also try to convince clients certain issues are not defects (like a button that has no event wired up). Really? I click this button and nothing happens and that is not a defect?? They treat their customers and employees like MIke Vick treats his dogs.

They have lost some big clients and a number of existing clients are unhappy. Jeff (owner) is a smart guy but has no leadership skills. He is abrasive, arrogant and the most distrusting person I ever met. It is utterly mind boggling that the company has been as successful as it has. I just don't see how that is sustainable into the future.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have a lot of advice but they won't listen so I am not wasting my time.

BEWARE!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Bydesign Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI learned a lot of life lessons. There is a LOT of talent at ByDesign. Some of the best people I have ever work with (excluding upper management). Everyone outside of upper management are AWESOME! People there work VERY hard and are VERY dedicated. That is the ONLY reason ByDesign is still in existence.

ConsThe only way I can describe the President and the "Owner" is that this team reminds of the mean girls in high school. They do things like...have someone interview and hire their own replacement without them knowing that the person they're interviewing is their replacement. They flat out lie to their employees and pit them against each other. Even people that think they are in good graces with the President and the Owner get attacked behind their backs.A couple managers have no problem talking openly about the "eye candy" in the office. Certain managers tend to blatantly treat other people extremely different from each other and have major issues being challenged. They will work you to the bone and then throw you away.

Advice to Senior ManagementRefrain playing people against each other for personal entertainment. Stop accusing
employees of indiscretions when upper management does and says things so much worse. Value and respect your employees.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Developer

Software Developer (Former Employee)
Tampa (Indonesia)

I worked at Bydesign Technologies full-time for more than a year

ProsGood for college student to start their career

ConsLots of hard work required to survive not a very friendly place to work for, not a great salary for your experience. The owner of company does not trust their employees

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to improve their management skills, trust the employees, compensate and appricate for what the developers do, the owner thinks that he can get work done cheap from offshore so that mentality should not be there when dealing with US based employees.

Worked for Bydesign Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bydesign Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bydesign Technologies CEO Jeff Ayscue. All reviews posted anonymously by Bydesign Technologies employees.