Byram Healthcare

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Perry Bernocchi

Unorganized and difficult place to work....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI have made many lifelong friends and enjoyed working with customers

ConsUnorganized top management, supervisors and middle managers can never complete a task because management does not ever know what they are looking for! Little to no work life balance, you are frowned upon and talked about instead of management addressing an issue head on. Rules change daily and do not apply to everyone. I have to say my time at Byram has been very challenging. There are unrealistic expectations placed on employees of all levels. The company has grown tremendously but staffing levels have remained the same. Byram was once a great place to work, the top level management will continue to ruin this company and chase the talent right out of the door.

Advice to Senior ManagementHow could you ever expect hardworking talented people to stay when you do not even value your employees? Start looking and caring about what the employees are saying, read the rest of the reviews they all say the same thing. Open your eyes!! Most importantly; if you want to retain employees start leading by example!

Avoid Byram Healthcare like the pelage

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsByram Healthcare is one of those companies I would suggest to avoid due to the fact of total disorganization and the fear of be fired if any attempts for any offers of improvement . The senior management works so far in the cloud, there is no notice of the discontent that exists in the workforce. Everyone is afraid that this could be their last day at work, that nothing is ever done. There is no team work or even the concept of Synergy. If there was a choice to work for this company or not work at all, take not work at all. Working for this company will leave a stain of desegregate.

ConsThe only con is not work for this company, it is a bad place.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a real look at what you line managers and leads are doing. Failure is coming your way, get prepared.

Unimpressive

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Downers Grove, IL

ProsAn individual can make lasting friendships.

ConsWhere to begin… Byram has been if nothing else a place where an individual can make friends. Byram is not an organization that encourages forward thinking individuals who want to bring this company into the 21st century. The management team at all levels is stuck in the “it’s always been done this way or it’s the Byram way and it works” rut that has placed this organization in jeopardy of losing its market place. The Byram way is the wrong way, upper management, stakeholders, shareholders, and owners need to address the obscene turnover rate taking place at the Downers Grove location, when all level of employees are leaving as fast as they can it should be an indication to upper management that something is seriously wrong. Yes every few years an organization can and often does go through turnover, however when you have dozens jumping ship like rats on the Titanic be open to the possibility that management is the cause.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeriously review why there is such a high turnover rate. Review your ORG chart and make the necessary changes to the leaders in key positions that are preventing this organization from being great.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I've worked for Byram for almost 10 years.

ProsThe company encourages individuals to learn; the benefits are very good and the people are friendly.

ConsChanges happen quickly and sometimes without sound planning.

Good company, good business

IT Tech (Current Employee) White Plains, NY

ProsStraight forward work. This was a few years ago when they were switching from long term health to diabetes.

ConsLeadership turned over a few times at the C level. Brought in a lot of good ol' boys and friends and got rid of some good people in the process.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the front lines more.

Last person they care about is their employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat marketing materials, reimbursement for expenses is painless, patient care is a main focus

Conscustomer service is poor which impacts the account managers' numbers
    upper management constantly finds way to take revenue away from account managers or not report it to them. The spiffs they do have a seriously a joke. The longer the person is there, the more they screw them over. You are only paid on first time orders which many times are less than the first reorder. I've never not trusted a company more - have no interest in me achieving goals

Advice to Senior Managementcare about the employees, hire competant customer service reps, invest in actual product or sales training and reprimend those that it is well known are getting around the rules. don't reward them Have some ethics and pride in your work

Hostile Work Environment

ProsMy manager who seeks to bring a change.

ConsUpper management continues to avoid some real issue regarding a few employees who continue to harass other employees. This type of behavior is openly based on race. Managements answer to this issue has been to just ignore that person and continue focusing on your job duties even though this person has continued time after time to openly harass other employees. This type of behavior can't be ignored it's going to lead to a huge lawsuit or worse physical altercations. These words are true because I have witnessed her on the floor racially harass her coworker. I will go over human resources and direct my concerns in an open letter to the CEO. The DG office is not a healthy work environment .

Advice to Senior ManagementDG management needs to stop ignoring this issue, stop lying about it to senior mgmnt, stop telling us to ignore her, stop being afraid of her and confront her actions and words directly with harsh repercussions if she continues.

Pros & Cons

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsByram Healthcare has a fun working environment and pays competitively. Large territories with a lot of potential opportunities in the field.

ConsHad four different managers in less than two years on the west coast. Poor operations and lost Medicare bid.

Disappointing Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsInternational, parent company provides financial backing, size allows for pricing advantages

ConsPoor management team, competition for resources among product lines.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork harder, get better management.

A caustic, corrosive culture makes for a revolving door where the best and brightest leave and the mediocre find a home.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Downers Grove, IL

ProsJob Security is about the only pro at Byram. Because they have such a hard time retaining employees you can pretty much count on being needed. Intelligence, talent, creativity and goal-oriented thinking are not valued qualities at Byram. Therefore if you sit at your desk and work for eight hours a day, five days a week, you will have a job.

Consfrustrating work environment, no opportunities to progress, poorly managed, company does not value it's employees and hardly tries to hide that fact.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake your employees your priority; after all what's more costly than turnover? "Everyone is replaceable", perhaps that's true conceptually but in practice this makes for a seriously poor management strategy. Sure you can get a new body at the cubicle, but you have lost all the time and investment made in developing that employee and teaching them your system. How do you quantify that?

Stop making knee-jerk, emotion-based decisions, stop holding personal grudges, lead by principle and example, and be consistent across the board.

Worked for Byram Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!