Byram Healthcare

Updated May 14, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Perry Bernocchi

Unorganized and difficult place to work....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI have made many lifelong friends and enjoyed working with customers

ConsUnorganized top management, supervisors and middle managers can never complete a task because management does not ever know what they are looking for! Little to no work life balance, you are frowned upon and talked about instead of management addressing an issue head on. Rules change daily and do not apply to everyone. I have to say my time at Byram has been very challenging. There are unrealistic expectations placed on employees of all levels. The company has grown tremendously but staffing levels have remained the same. Byram was once a great place to work, the top level management will continue to ruin this company and chase the talent right out of the door.

Advice to Senior ManagementHow could you ever expect hardworking talented people to stay when you do not even value your employees? Start looking and caring about what the employees are saying, read the rest of the reviews they all say the same thing. Open your eyes!! Most importantly; if you want to retain employees start leading by example!

I've worked for Byram for almost 10 years.

ProsThe company encourages individuals to learn; the benefits are very good and the people are friendly.

ConsChanges happen quickly and sometimes without sound planning.

Last person they care about is their employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat marketing materials, reimbursement for expenses is painless, patient care is a main focus

Conscustomer service is poor which impacts the account managers' numbers
    upper management constantly finds way to take revenue away from account managers or not report it to them. The spiffs they do have a seriously a joke. The longer the person is there, the more they screw them over. You are only paid on first time orders which many times are less than the first reorder. I've never not trusted a company more - have no interest in me achieving goals

Advice to Senior Managementcare about the employees, hire competant customer service reps, invest in actual product or sales training and reprimend those that it is well known are getting around the rules. don't reward them Have some ethics and pride in your work

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hostile Work Environment

ProsMy manager who seeks to bring a change.

ConsUpper management continues to avoid some real issue regarding a few employees who continue to harass other employees. This type of behavior is openly based on race. Managements answer to this issue has been to just ignore that person and continue focusing on your job duties even though this person has continued time after time to openly harass other employees. This type of behavior can't be ignored it's going to lead to a huge lawsuit or worse physical altercations. These words are true because I have witnessed her on the floor racially harass her coworker. I will go over human resources and direct my concerns in an open letter to the CEO. The DG office is not a healthy work environment .

Advice to Senior ManagementDG management needs to stop ignoring this issue, stop lying about it to senior mgmnt, stop telling us to ignore her, stop being afraid of her and confront her actions and words directly with harsh repercussions if she continues.

Good company, good business

IT Tech (Current Employee)
    White Plains, NY

ProsStraight forward work. This was a few years ago when they were switching from long term health to diabetes.

ConsLeadership turned over a few times at the C level. Brought in a lot of good ol' boys and friends and got rid of some good people in the process.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the front lines more.

Pros & Cons

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsByram Healthcare has a fun working environment and pays competitively. Large territories with a lot of potential opportunities in the field.

ConsHad four different managers in less than two years on the west coast. Poor operations and lost Medicare bid.

Disappointing Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsInternational, parent company provides financial backing, size allows for pricing advantages

ConsPoor management team, competition for resources among product lines.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork harder, get better management.

A caustic, corrosive culture makes for a revolving door where the best and brightest leave and the mediocre find a home.

Downers Grove, IL

ProsJob Security is about the only pro at Byram. Because they have such a hard time retaining employees you can pretty much count on being needed. Intelligence, talent, creativity and goal-oriented thinking are not valued qualities at Byram. Therefore if you sit at your desk and work for eight hours a day, five days a week, you will have a job.

Consfrustrating work environment, no opportunities to progress, poorly managed, company does not value it's employees and hardly tries to hide that fact.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake your employees your priority; after all what's more costly than turnover? "Everyone is replaceable", perhaps that's true conceptually but in practice this makes for a seriously poor management strategy. Sure you can get a new body at the cubicle, but you have lost all the time and investment made in developing that employee and teaching them your system. How do you quantify that?

Stop making knee-jerk, emotion-based decisions, stop holding personal grudges, lead by principle and example, and be consistent across the board.

Waste of time that could have been better spent working anywhere else

Grunt (Former Employee)
    Downers Grove, IL

ProsWhile there are a lot of good people there the only upside to working at Byram Healthcare is leaving at the end of the day.

ConsPainfully obvious that employees are nothing but replaceable cattle. Advancement opportunities are for all practical purposes non-existent. Promotions seem to be given to those that will blindly follow whatever the managers suggest. Raises are below cost of living rate. Workload is close to unmanageable. Those that dare speak up are told things will change but then are covertly punished. Sneaky back-stabbing micro-managers have only their own interests at heart. Recently, several people have literally gotten up from their desks and walked out. This place is absolutely awful. If you are contacted by Byram, RUN!!

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn what it is to actually manage. This is not a game. These are people's livelihoods you're screwing around with.

This place is a joke!

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Redmond, WA

ProsI made some great friends here. Coworkers are the only thing that made this job even remotely bearable.

ConsEverything! It starts with training. You're not taught even half of what you need to know. Half the time you're in training you're sitting there twiddling your thumbs because management is so un-organized that they don't know what needs to be done next. You're thrown on the phones and expected to know everything. If you have a question, managers are nowhere to be found and you have to sound like an idiot on the phone to customers. Every center is trained differently so customers call in and will get three different answers for the same question. Supervisors and managers could care less about their employees, everyone is seen as expendable and replaceable. There's never enough people on the phones to cover the incoming calls so the people who are there are run ragged and completely stressed out. Documentation is a mess. Orders never ship on time because they are so unorganized, which makes customers call in angry. Don't even get me started on the computer system. Stupidest system I've ever used in my life, not user friendly at all, makes absolutely no sense and is a complete waste of time. I could go on and on...

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating employees like they're expendable. Get a better system and more organized!

Worked for Byram Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Byram Healthcare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Byram Healthcare CEO Perry Bernocchi. All 19 reviews posted anonymously by Byram Healthcare employees.