BzzAgent

David Balter

Learning Process

Former Employee - Java Developer in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Java Developer in Boston, MA

I worked at BzzAgent as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Warm environment with good friendly people

Cons

in the process of organized.Newly acquired. Code is getting better though, but not yet.

structure the organization

Great people, great benefits

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at BzzAgent full-time (more than an year)

Pros

BzzAgent was a startup in 2001. The culture, the vibe, the people are all awesome. The company was acquired in 2011 by Global science Data Company dunnhumby, so the company has started to change a bit. But the work they do is great and it has opened up many more doors for employees formally at BzzAgent.

Cons

The once start up company may begin to get a little more corporate- but that also means better benefits and opportunities. Hopefully this will include an increase in salaries as well.

Other review must have written by CEO

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at BzzAgent full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Young hip employees
    Work with cool companies
    Adding marketing value

Cons

CEO is a manical micromanager who has never been wrong and does not listen to employees
    Cool concept that was Dumhubby worst investment ($ loser)

New CEO - Get him away from the business. Maybe good in a start up but destructive to company over $10M in revenue.

The Central Hive ROCKS!!!!!!!

Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at BzzAgent

Pros

We hire smart, sophisticated, interesting people. Truly, the people here are amazing: folks are engaged in their work, my boss is a human being who recognized that I am also a human being. Also, this place is SO much fun, big team atmosphere, beautiful work environment, fun blog.

Cons

We have some very young people who work here and don't understand how special and different this place is from corporate America...Some of these folks can be entitled, occasionally don't have a "Client Service" attitude andshould think about their internal PR before they open their mouths to complain / make negative comments. I'd like to throw some of them into less humanistic environment...but I am afraid they would not survive as we have spoiled them so! That said, I am talking about less than 10% of the population....

Invest in additional benefits besides the typical 401k match. We could be a bit more creative about that!